+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Class Application now over the posted 7 months wait

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

LCS said:
PMM,

If my situation drags on, is this the route to take to find out what is holding things up? Will obtaining this information have the exact reason anyone's application is in limbo? thx
In family class it may give you an idea what the hold up is, security, doubts about relationship.

PMM

dpshah

May 2, 2007
Dear PMM!~ Thanks for inf. I will prepare document for CAIPS notes.
By the way how effective is MP request? You must be having good idea on this pleadse.

LCS

May 5, 2005
I finally heard back from the Embassy in Lima, which was nice of them to at least reply. It is as you thought PMM, they told me it was the "investigation" into his military service and it will be "a few" more months. They were given the additional information that they requested in the first half of February which was 3 months ago, and to say it will be "a few" months more (taken to mean in English...3 months) is beyond me. In my job if it took me 6 months to finalize a project, it would be bad, bad, very bad. How nice that a Government position has this kind of time line for completion. Sure there's more cases than mine but I have the impression they pick up the piece of paper, see if there's any answers on their enquiries, if not, put the piece of paper down for a couple of weeks. Pick the piece of paper up again after those two weeks, no answer..wait two more weeks. Repeat process until one year is up.
The thing I have a difficult time with is that the Gov't is "fast tracking" twice as many temporary foreign workers this year as last year. They obviously do not go through the same rigorous background check as my husband is being put through. It's because his is for permanent residency you might say? Well, I know for a fact the temporary workers are obviously brought here more quickly, and then after a certain amount of time they STILL have the option to apply for permanent residency. They will have been living here the whole time, earning a living, immersing in this society. I have already heard of some of them abandoning the jobs they were brought here specifically for with a certain company under these temporary visas. How are they tracked down? What are the chances of finding them at the "permanent" addresses they've given when they've now evaded their visa'd jobs? (omg, symptoms of the U.S. condition)
And here I am, waiting for this process of additional "investigation" that these temporary workers have perhaps only had a cursory processing of all their information and they are allowed to come here and still have their permanent residency processed at a later time, while still living here.
If they wanted to find me and my husband for further immigration questions, I'm right here, in the home I have owned for 30 years, paying taxes and crime free. They won't "fast track" him in under my Canadian born sponsorship, so maybe I should put him on the list at the same time for temporary worker visa, he'll probably get here faster. This Government continues to amaze me (in all the wrong ways) on many levels.

dfoo

Jun 9, 2007
You have my condolences. The whole system is disgusting. Do you know how long it takes to sponsor a Singaporean into the UK from China? 1 month. From Singapore, 7 days. Why is the Canadian system so broken?

LCS

May 5, 2005
Well, IMO thanks to the fast turnover you mention in the UK, is why they are experiencing the immigration problems they have now. It's been building up for the last 30 years and now they have "legal" radicals protesting in the streets chanting death threats to Westerners. Perhaps stricter more thorough background checks ARE in order there.

dfoo

Jun 9, 2007
How many of those are spousal immigrants? And the vast majority of immigration into the UK recently is from eastern Europe due to admission of Poland into the EU. As far as I'm concerned this is totally and absolutely irrelevant to the issue at hand -- that is sponsorship of a *spouse* into the country.

dpshah

May 2, 2007
Dear PMM
My wife contacted MP in Ottawa. MP's office also contacted to DEehi. They have given reply that our 'marriage approved, the file is under their urgent attention, they have our passports with them, medical expired already, need to do again. Background check is still going on, they said.

Then MP office suggested us to delink my younger son's file from the whole family's. This also was written to Delhi. Delhi said, it is possible, but takes time of 2 to 3 weeks. Next tuesday expores third week.
Doyou have any suggestion on this?

MJ_Jel

Oct 11, 2007
Hello,

I am new to the whole process and was wondering if anyone had any information reagrding the types of questions asked in an interview beyon all the ones posted on the various web-sites. I was wondering if they get into personal background type questions and how they generally determine if a relationship is of convenience or not.

What are the best tips and advice, information can anyone provide me? I appreciate any feedback and have been enjoying reading about all of your experiences.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi
MJ_Jel said:
Hello,

I am new to the whole process and was wondering if anyone had any information reagrding the types of questions asked in an interview beyon all the ones posted on the various web-sites. I was wondering if they get into personal background type questions and how they generally determine if a relationship is of convenience or not.

What are the best tips and advice, information can anyone provide me? I appreciate any feedback and have been enjoying reading about all of your experiences.
If necessary they will delve very deeply into your personal life.

PMM