+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension of Work Permit- Online Application

newhere78

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
i submitted my wp application online on jan 25, i paid 150 dollars by my credit card....got the receipt but still my application is not transmitted.......could anyone tell me how long will it take to get transmitted.......?

clockonhr

Feb 3, 2013
Hi I am applying Work permit extension through on-line, I have a positive LMO.
I don't really get an idea of "Digital Photo" that they are asking.
Do I need to take a passport photo by professional service and upload?

newhere78

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
clockonhr said:
Hi I am applying Work permit extension through on-line, I have a positive LMO.
I don't really get an idea of "Digital Photo" that they are asking.
Do I need to take a passport photo by professional service and upload?
Yes get your photo taken by any professional studio ask them to make it into Canadianvisa size save it to your thumb drive then upload to your online application portal.

rma1975

Jan 11, 2012
newhere78 said:
i submitted my wp application online on jan 25, i paid 150 dollars by my credit card....got the receipt but still my application is not transmitted.......could anyone tell me how long will it take to get transmitted.......?
I got my new work permit on a new employer exactly 50 days..

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
redangel said:
TO CaTs_lOVER....
You can save all the scanned docs to MS WORD and if you have MS OFFICE 2007, you can click the SAVE AS option and save to .pdf file, you can converts you WORD Doc to PDF file....
I've decided to send my application online since it'has a shorter wait time. I'm also having the same problem that some have complained about on this thread. Which is the problem of putting everything into one file and it needs to be PDF.

Thanks redangel for your suggestion. I found it easier placing all the scanned images of the pages of my passport in a word document and then converting them to one PDF file.

I didn't include all the pages of my passport though, just the relevant ones that were mentioned: photo page,visa page, pages showing stamps, page showing WP. Is this ok?Please those who applied and got positive responses, please do advise.
Thanks

Ps: I haven't submitted the final application so please i'd appreciate any pointers.I'm doing this all on my own and need all the help i can get

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
I've successfully sent my application online for EWP. I got a message that my application was transmitted successfully.
I pray everything goes well.
About loading the files, i simply downloaded the software for my printer(free of charge) and it gave me the option to scan and save multiple pages as PDF.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the helpful suggestions and advice :)

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[ :D.Hi .i ve some question. My work permit and temporary visa going to expire on July. i am working as cook and i am going to renew my work permit same employer via online . so my question is '
Do i need new Lmo and contract paper?
Do i need to apply Temporary residence visa which is expire same time with work permit?
i don’t see anybody posting about TRV renew just work permit renew only?
Highly appreciate

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
mannual said:
[ :D.Hi .i ve some question. My work permit and temporary visa going to expire on July. i am working as cook and i am going to renew my work permit same employer via online . so my question is '
Do i need new Lmo and contract paper?
Do i need to apply Temporary residence visa which is expire same time with work permit?
i don't see anybody posting about TRV renew just work permit renew only?
Highly appreciate
Go to:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp

click on either the "find forms" or "apply online" tab on the navigation pane and you will find an option that best suits your request from the drop-down menu.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Julsen

Dec 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/08/2013
AOR Received.
12/09/2013
Hi everyone.
Got my Extension of Work Permit in the mail today ;D :). Says it was signed 19th of April.

Here's my Timeline
Online Appilication Sent:March 11th
Work permit received: April 26th.

I pray that everyone who is waiting or sending their applications will also receive the same good news by God's grace.
Stay blessed everyone.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Julsen said:
Hi everyone.
Got my Extension of Work Permit in the mail today ;D :). Says it was signed 19th of April.

Here's my Timeline
Online Appilication Sent:March 11th
Work permit received: April 26th.

I pray that everyone who is waiting or sending their applications will also receive the same good news by God's grace.
Stay blessed everyone.
wow, thats great.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i apply work permit extention online using mastercard at 2 am in the morning but i got a message transaction not approve .. 8;00 to 16:00 .

so what is that mean. after that ir eturn my cic account nothing message.

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
hi everyone!

im extending my work permit with the same employer. in my lmo, i have 2 years, but they issued me 1 year only bec my passport is about to expire. i still have a remaining year. now that i received my new passport, what docs do i need to pass if i apply online? how will they know that im applying for the remaining 1 year? thanks in advance