+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Googliya

Dec 12, 2016
Per Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report, my spouse's Canadian Education Equivalency is 'Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year).
Can you please let me know how to enter this in my Express Entry application? The values in the drop down for 'Study and Languages' doesn't have the option of choosing "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees". This option is however in the CRS Calculator and also at the following page - w w w .cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp. Per this page, my wife should get credit for 'A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS Postgraduate Diploma.
Please help with my query as I am losing a point because of this issue.
Thanks,
Ritesh

Janakrustagi

May 3, 2016
Hi Everyone,
I have just received my PPR and have sent my PP for PR Visa and COPR. I plan to move to Canada with my family around March-April depending on the Visa. In my application I had opted to Live in Toronto when we move to Canada, I also have family (also mentioned in application) in Calgary. I wanted to know if I have to land in Toronto or can I go straight to Calgary and spend a week with my family before moving to Toronto?

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hello all!!

Request guidance for filling in the EE application.

1. The form didn't ask for child's details. Is that ok?

2. Do I need to give all employment details? My current employment is for last 7 years thereby I guess Ill max out on points anyways (without giving earlier employment details). Further, I think it'll be difficult to get reference letters etc from the earlier ones. pl advise.

3. Should I provide employment details for my Wife too? If it doesn't give any points, won't I be adding to the hassle of providing documentary proof etc?

4. What name should I mention for my Wife, the pre-marriage one (in which are all educational docs) or the post-marriage one (changed surname, which is also on passport).

5. Should I mention Wife's relatives in Canada (Uncle/Aunt)? If I do, what documentary evidence be required to submit post ITA? If I don't, would it be construed as suppressing of information?

Thanks in advance! Cheers.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jtoc said:
Hello all!!

2. Do I need to give all employment details? My current employment is for last 7 years thereby I guess Ill max out on points anyways (without giving earlier employment details). Further, I think it'll be difficult to get reference letters etc from the earlier ones. pl advise.

3. Should I provide employment details for my Wife too? If it doesn't give any points, won't I be adding to the hassle of providing documentary proof etc?

4. What name should I mention for my Wife, the pre-marriage one (in which are all educational docs) or the post-marriage one (changed surname, which is also on passport).

5. Should I mention Wife's relatives in Canada (Uncle/Aunt)? If I do, what documentary evidence be required to submit post ITA? If I don't, would it be construed as suppressing of information?

1 - Yes
2 - Only give details to the employment for which you will be claiming points for.
3 - No need to provide foreign work experience of your spouse as it adds no points to your application.
5 - Honestly only mention it if you need the points to become elegible under FSW program (67 out of 100 points). Otherwise no need. You can explain this in a LOE once you receive your ITA.

I'm too lazy to look for the answer of 4

Cheers :)

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hello, anybody knows if I do need to have my Education Credential Assessment done for my PNP?

I am going through BC PNP International Graduate. I am just offered a full-time job from my work where I have been working as a part-time and I graduate my school on May 2015.

I understand I cannot go for EE BC PNP since I have had no full-time experience so far, so I would just go stick to Skills Immigrant - International Graduate and do I need to have my ECA still or it is not necessary for me to have it anymore?

secretbridge

Dec 13, 2016
Hi Everyone,

My PGWP and my spouse open work permit are getting expiring on 2-Jan-2016. I have received the express entry OINP nomination and express entry ITA. I am applying soon first for Express entry PR.

1) Do I need to mention somewhere in my PR application that I am applying for BOWP ?

2) Once our work permit are expired, do I need to notify CIC again ?

Note: I am applying online BOWP once I have eAPR (usually generate in 24 hr after PR application submission)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DelPiero07 said:
1 - Yes
2 - Only give details to the employment for which you will be claiming points for.
3 - No need to provide foreign work experience of your spouse as it adds no points to your application.
5 - Honestly only mention it if you need the points to become elegible under FSW program (67 out of 100 points). Otherwise no need. You can explain this in a LOE once you receive your ITA.

jtoc said:
Hello all!!

You should mention the name she is using now (post-marriage name). You can submit a "One and the same person" affidavit and your marriage certificate (post ITA) to tell the officer that both the names belong to the same person.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Janakrustagi said:
Hi Everyone,
I have just received my PPR and have sent my PP for PR Visa and COPR. I plan to move to Canada with my family around March-April depending on the Visa. In my application I had opted to Live in Toronto when we move to Canada, I also have family (also mentioned in application) in Calgary. I wanted to know if I have to land in Toronto or can I go straight to Calgary and spend a week with my family before moving to Toronto?
You can land and activate your Permanent Residence at any port of entry in Canada.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SUNNY0727 said:
Hello Guys,

Need help in filling EE form where they ask "Have you been denied entry.................." .

I applied for study visa in NEW ZEALAND and got rejection/refusal this year in august.

Shall I Answer YES or NO for the above question in EE ??

Very confused on this and searched web for that but still not sure about answer.

Will be great help if someone can elaborate on this.

Thanks
Visa refusal does NOT mean denied entry. IMO, you should answer NO. However, you should answer YES to the following question -

" Have <you> been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

MelindaL.

Jan 3, 2016
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Additional Questions

I appreciate the breakdown and links on express entry!

I have couple questions: I am in the process of earning my degree, is it better to wait until I have my diploma or can I start the application process and submit educational credentials at a later date?
Also, my degree will be in psychology, but all of my work experience is operations/management. For the NOC code, am I only eligible for what my work experience is, or am I allowed to apply for something in the psychology field (entry level social work, etc)?

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
1 - Yes

Many thanks! +1 for that.

Just a thought on point no 5, incase we do mention the uncle/aunt as canadian citizens, what documents would be required to prove this post ITA?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jtoc said:
Many thanks! +1 for that.

Just a thought on point no 5, incase we do mention the uncle/aunt as canadian citizens, what documents would be required to prove this post ITA?
Two sets of documents -

1) to prove their status in Canada and that they reside in Canada - Passport/Lease Agreements/Utility Bills
2) to prove your relationship with them - You can provide the birth certificate of your aunt/uncle AND your mom/dad to show that they have common parents and your birth certificate mentioning your dad's/mom's name to complete the chain.

jtoc

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Two sets of documents -

1) to prove their status in Canada and that they reside in Canada - Passport/Lease Agreements/Utility Bills
2) to prove your relationship with them - You can provide the birth certificate of your aunt/uncle AND your mom/dad to show that they have common parents and your birth certificate mentioning your dad's/mom's name to complete the chain.
Thanks! Does it help in any way or at any stage to show we have relatives there?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
No, IMO. It just helps you get 5 points towards the FSW points grid (towards the 67/100 points requirement).
Hi Rajkamal today it reached exactly 6 months since my AOR date,so today i called to cic and spoke to good agent and he said everything is met and passed but security is on going and also he said Your file is currently under review and requires additional verification. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times. so when do i expect PPR?
What that means exactly additional verifivation?
Regards
Rabin