+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
alokverma said:
Yes my apprenticeship maintenance engineer it was paid full salary and it was full time for one year. My second job was mechanical design engineer it was full time and I worked for 1.8 month. Is that experience enough to apply for express entry.
Yes. Ideally, that should be sufficient for you to be eligible.

Have you tried checking if you eligible under the FSW program first?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Calculate your CRS here -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

SauravMandal

Nov 4, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have a query regarding the arranged employment points.

In CIC site, it has mentioned as below:

A valid job offer has to be:

made by one employer
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
and

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

I was in Canada and have work experience from October 2012 to July 2013 (10 months).
I came back in Canada in June this year and working for the same employer.
So my total Canadian experience is 16 months, but is not continuous.

Am I eligible for the arranged employment points or do I need to wait till June 2017 for that?

rmaity

Jun 30, 2016
Hi Experts
I have 18 months (40hrs/week) and 18 months (32hrs/week) foreign work experience which from 2006 Dec to 2009 November exactly 3 years. In my cic express entry profile I got the point according to that experience but on 1st December 2016 I should loose 12 points as it will be older than 10 years right? and the point should decrease automatically. In my express entry profile I did not loose any point after 1st December, should I delete that experience or it will automatically updated?
Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rmaity said:
Hi Experts
I have 18 months (40hrs/week) and 18 months (32hrs/week) foreign work experience which from 2006 Dec to 2009 November exactly 3 years. In my cic express entry profile I got the point according to that experience but on 1st December 2016 I should loose 12 points as it will be older than 10 years right? and the point should decrease automatically. In my express entry profile I did not loose any point after 1st December, should I delete that experience or it will automatically updated?
Thanks in advance.
Please delete any experience that is not within the past 10 years or for which you do not intend to claim points for.

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
Hi all,

I am trying to update my application re: education.

Have 3 degrees. These are the the equivalency per WES:
1. secondary school diploma and diploma (2 years)
2. secondary school diploma and diploma (3 years)
3. bachelors degree (four years)

How should i feel up the education portion? should

Last August, Upon filling up EE application, I only entered only 1 degree (no.3).

Is this wrong?

Then i tried updating it today adding my 2 degrees. However, upon checking 2 or more diploma is no longer there as equivalency. Bachelors degree then Masters are the ECA equivalency.

what to do?

Kindly help. Thanks.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hi guys, I searched the forum a lot for newer posts on this but could not find any - what are the realistic processing times for a pcc from BLS Toronto? i got my passport renewed from BLS Toronto last year and did not travel to India since I got my passport renewed. Therefore, I assume the police verification they did while renewing my passport would have some value and it should not take 4-6 weeks to process

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
SauravMandal said:
Hello Everyone,

I have a query regarding the arranged employment points.

In CIC site, it has mentioned as below:

A valid job offer has to be:

made by one employer
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
and

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

I was in Canada and have work experience from October 2012 to July 2013 (10 months).
I came back in Canada in June this year and working for the same employer.
So my total Canadian experience is 16 months, but is not continuous.

Am I eligible for the arranged employment points or do I need to wait till June 2017 for that?

I believe you have to wait until June 2017 to be eligible.

duxen

Feb 22, 2014
Hi, does anyone knows where the 50 points for arranged employment are reflected in the crs point chart?, I updated my application and submitted the changes and I can see the extra 15 points for education under CRS-education, but the section for CRS -arranged employment its showing 0.

I have a NAFTA wp and have been working for almost 3 years, continuously.

Thanks

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hi Every One. I have got my IELTS results which is 6.5 bands & not less than 6 in each module. My spouse got 4.5 in each. I have sent also my education docs for assessment. Kindly guide me that i have to get my spouse docs assessed or just mine are enough?? i am planning to apply with my family under skilled immigration program. My parents are also in Quebec as permanent residents.
I have 6 years on banking experience & got 2 university degrees. is there any chances for me to get the required scores?

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Dear all,

Something strange happened with my EE profile. As you all must have observed that after the recent changes by IRCC, the option of two or more degrees and diplomas have been removed from the express entry profile. Now for two degrees, we need to enter their Canadian equivalency separately as per WES.

So ideally if your report shows two degrees equivalent to two Canadian degrees, you should get Corresponding points for two or more degree or diplomas. However, before this change I had selected two or more degrees and diploma and I got correct points but after the change came into effect, I am just getting the points for one degree. All this is happening for my spouse points.

Funny thing is the CIC CRS score calculator is giving credit for two degrees and diploma but the EE is not. All this making a difference of 1 point to me. I am sure others must also have been affected by this.

Has anyone faced such a problem? Any solution to this?

Regards,

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
loveabhic said:
Dear all,

Something strange happened with my EE profile. As you all must have observed that after the recent changes by IRCC, the option of two or more degrees and diplomas have been removed from the express entry profile. Now for two degrees, we need to enter their Canadian equivalency separately as per WES.

So ideally if your report shows two degrees equivalent to two Canadian degrees, you should get Corresponding points for two or more degree or diplomas. However, before this change I had selected two or more degrees and diploma and I got correct points but after the change came into effect, I am just getting the points for one degree. All this is happening for my spouse points.

Funny thing is the CIC CRS score calculator is giving credit for two degrees and diploma but the EE is not. All this making a difference of 1 point to me. I am sure others must also have been affected by this.

Regards,
I faced this issue with my experience... Calculator was showing 411 but profile gave me 399
but I had mistakenly entered wrong hours per week... after correcting that Profile came to 411 points...

may be you want to check the dates and other details you have entered....

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Thanks Tanmay.

But there is no problem with the profile. I think it is some sort of bug or something in the profile.

I dont know how benefit of two or more tan two degrees will be received in this case.

Regards,

PeachesAndMaples

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA 1.4.2017
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
In God's Perfect Time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
loveabhic said:
Dear all,

Regards,
This also happened with my education. I entered my 3 degrees separately. I am waiting for my updated points.

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Dear Seniors,

Any solution to this problem?

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loveabhic said:
Dear all,

Regards,
Same case like mine. I am primary applicant and my spouse got ECA evaluated as 2 or more degrees.
I raised Technical issue with IRCC for this and they said as below:
"Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The Government made changes to Express Entry, which took effect on November 19, 2016."

So you are correct in saying, this would only make a difference of 1 point.