+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

alokverma

Dec 9, 2016
My one year experience is apprentice in mechanical maintenance engineer. Will that be consider as experience or not.and I have 4 month experience in mechanical design engineer but that company is not ready to give me experience certificate. And my 3rd experience is same as mechanical design engineer but it's 1.9 month experience is that experience is enough to apply in express entry.

sohim001

Jan 14, 2015
I am seeking advice from experts as I am very confused now about what to do.

I applied for SINP(EE) and I received SINP nomination and I received ITA based on SINP nomination, my issues is few years back I went to the UK on student visa, I studied there few months but I did not finish the course and returned to my home country(Bangladesh).

As I did not finish the course and stayed there only few months, I did not mention about this course in my SINP Education section and Express Entry profile(Education section).
My confusion is shall I mention about this incomplete education in my PR application Education section?

It would be great relief for me if someone can advice me on this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sohim001 said:
I am seeking advice from experts as I am very confused now about what to do.

I applied for SINP(EE) and I received SINP nomination and I received ITA based on SINP nomination, my issues is few years back I went to the UK on student visa, I studied there few months but I did not finish the course and returned to my home country(Bangladesh).

As I did not finish the course and stayed there only few months, I did not mention about this course in my SINP Education section and Express Entry profile(Education section).
My confusion is shall I mention about this incomplete education in my PR application Education section?

It would be great relief for me if someone can advice me on this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance.
There is no point in mentioning incomplete degrees in the Education History section of the e-APR because you do not get any points for it. However, you must definitely record this in the personal history, travel history and address history sections of your e-APR if this was within the past 10 years.

Also, if you were in the UK for a cumulative period of 6 months, then you need to submit a PCC from UK too.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
1st Experience -- 27th May13 to 06th Aug15 ( 2years, 2months and 10 days)
2nd Experience -- 16th Nov15 to 13th May16 (6 months)
3rd Experience -- 26th Sept16 (current job)

Hi Experts,

Could you pl review my above mentioned experience details and confirm me with date of completion of 3 years.
Will it be 15th Jan17( day-wise) or 26th Jan17 ( month-wise) ? Reason behind highlighting it, if we have draw on 25th Jan17, can I accept ITA ( claiming 3 years of exp) ?

TIA

sohim001

Jan 14, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
There is no point in mentioning incomplete degrees in the Education History section of the e-APR because you do not get any points for it. However, you must definitely record this in the personal history, travel history and address history sections of your e-APR if this was within the past 10 years.

Also, if you were in the UK for a cumulative period of 6 months, then you need to submit a PCC from UK too.
Thank you so much for your response.

I did not mention my UK address in personal history Background declaration form as well, if I add it now will it be ok? I already applied for UK PCC and I will get it soon, can I submit my PR application before I get my UK police clearance?

Thanks a lot again, I really appreciate it.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narindersahib said:
1st Experience -- 27th May13 to 06th Aug15 ( 2years, 2months and 10 days)
2nd Experience -- 16th Nov15 to 13th May16 (6 months)
3rd Experience -- 26th Sept16 (current job)

Hi Experts,

Could you pl review my above mentioned experience details and confirm me with date of completion of 3 years.
Will it be 15th Jan17( day-wise) or 26th Jan17 ( month-wise) ? Reason behind highlighting it, if we have draw on 25th Jan17, can I accept ITA ( claiming 3 years of exp) ?

TIA
You can accept the ITA, just make sure you do not submit your eAPR until you are certain that you've completed 3 years of work experience.

"Under section A11.2, an officer may not issue a visa to an applicant who did not or does not meet the Express Entry minimum entry criteria (MEC) or did not or does not possess the qualifications for which they received their CRS score at the time when

the Invitation to Apply (ITA) was issued; or
the e-APR was received by IRCC
."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Cheers :)

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Thanks much DelPiero07. Your post was of a lot of help. +1 from my side :)
I went through that section which clarifies my doubt very well. but one line in the same section has created a confusion:
When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if
•when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations

Considering this, I found the glitch in the system which I was talking about in the above comment:
My day-wise experience details are per the respective employers' reference letters as follows. The total experience is 2 years, 10 months.
- 27 May 2013 to 6 August 2015 (2 years,2 months,10 days) (Primary)
- 16 November 2015 to 13 May 2016 (6 months)
- 26 September 2016-present (2 months now)

However, in EE portal the format to enter experience details is month-wise, which calculates and adds experience for whole month irrespective of actual days worked. That is the reason system is displaying 50 points for my experience (which is awarded for 3 years or more experience). The details of which are:
- May 2013 to August 2015 (2 years, 3 months- according to system)
- November 2015 to May 2016 (7 months- according to system)
- September 2016-present (3 months completed- according to system)

Because of the above mentioned reason, my CRS points adds up to 469 . While, considering work experience of 2 years, 10 months, the points awarded for this should be 444.
Doubt no. 1- Am I eligible to accept the ITA if the draw score falls to 469 (in spite of the doubt - When reviewing an application, processing offices must determine if
•when the applicant submits their e-APR, the information provided in their Express Entry profile has not materially changed to the degree that the applicant would not have been issued an ITA in that round of invitations
)
Doubt no. 2- Will CIC allow me to accept ITA with this glitch in the system or should I wait for the draw to fall to 444 or my experience to reach 3 years in actual?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - You are eligible to accept that ITA but DO NOT submit your application until you've actually completed the years of experience that you're claiming. This glitch in the system is well known so make sure you are claiming the right number of points.

2 - Same answer as 1

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Thank you for the quick and satisfactory revert!

Additionally, I have a gap of 4 months and 3 months between the total work of 3 years- Continuous exp of 2 years, 2 months then a gap of 4 months, 6 months work exp and a gap of 3 months again. Now I am employed continuously. Will these gaps create an issue?

Also, which all documents are to be shown while submitting eAPR- 10th, 12th, grads and Masters- are the transcripts required for any of these or the scanned copies of original certificates and WES report would suffice?
I hope no documents before 10th standard are required to be shown. and anything for 11th?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narindersahib said:
Thank you for the quick and satisfactory revert!

Additionally, I have a gap of 4 months and 3 months between the total work of 3 years- Continuous exp of 2 years, 2 months then a gap of 4 months, 6 months work exp and a gap of 3 months again. Now I am employed continuously. Will these gaps create an issue?

Also, which all documents are to be shown while submitting eAPR- 10th, 12th, grads and Masters- are the transcripts required for any of these or the scanned copies of original certificates and WES report would suffice?
I hope no documents before 10th standard are required to be shown. and anything for 11th?
Here is the document checklist: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/document-checklist-fsw-t278095.0.html

Other than that, yes gaps are normal and perfectly fine to have, it won't cause any issues.

Jesuba

Sep 19, 2015
outland
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone, I want apply for the EE now, but my spouse has not taken his ielts nor done the educational assesment. Can I still apply and update with his ielts score and educational qualifications later?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jesuba said:
Hi everyone, I want apply for the EE now, but my spouse has not taken his ielts nor done the educational assesment. Can I still apply and update with his ielts score and educational qualifications later?
Yes you can, you can edit that later.

alokverma

Dec 9, 2016
My one year experience is apprentice in mechanical maintenance engineer. Will that be consider as experience or not.and I have 4 month experience in mechanical design engineer but that company is not ready to give me experience certificate. And my 3rd experience is same as mechanical design engineer but it's 1.9 month experience is that experience is enough to apply in express entry.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alokverma said:
If your apprenticeship was paid and outside of Canada then yes, it would count.

alokverma

Dec 9, 2016
Yes my apprenticeship maintenance engineer it was paid full salary and it was full time for one year. My second job was mechanical design engineer it was full time and I worked for 1.8 month. Is that experience enough to apply for express entry.