+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Red_DevilBah said:
Hi !

I received an email on 8th April to submit my passport to the consulate to get the permanent residency visa stamped, which I will be doing in 2 days.

I have certain questions regarding entry:

1. Within how many months after getting the visa stamped do I need to enter Canada?

This will be mentioned in your COPR. Usually, it is before 12 months from the date of your medical exam.

2. What are the activities that I must complete during my first visit to Canada in order to get myself the PR card.

Check this --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html;msg240281#msg240281

You don't need to separately apply for a PR card. The IO will ask for a Canadian Address where the PR card has to be mailed. If you don't have an address, you can update it via your myCIC account at a later point in time.

Please note that PR cards will not be mailed to addresses out of Canada.

3. I am currently working in Dubai, looking at the global economy I don't intend to leave my job currently. So what is the minimum time I need to stay in canada during the first visit to get the PR card.

You can land and return to Dubai the very next day. After you land, apply for your SIN.

When you want to come back to Canada, you need your PR card. If you don't have your PR card, you will have to apply for a PRTD (One time travel document). You can apply for this at the Canadian High Commission at in your country.

TIA

Vaidyy

Aug 5, 2015
Hi Experts,

I have got ITA to apply and I am gathering all documents.
My Work permit is expiring in 4 months. After submitting the documents for EE, Can I also apply for WP extension through my company.
Will it be a valid process or will this impact my Express entry process?
Can these both exist in parallel what if my WP extension comes first before PR and what PR comes first.

Please advise on the probabilities. I am little confused here.

Regards.

sohaillactuca

Mar 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi experts
Regarding the attestation of documents, can I can send documents to canada for spouse along with principal applicant with one reference number or I have to take another reference for the spouse.

Dec 23, 2015
hello friends,

i have a query on work experience, i am a dental surgeon by profession my work history is as follows
oct 2009 to oct 2010 in one clinic
nov 2010 to nov 2013 in other clinic
later i hav opened my clinc

my query is can i just show the work experience with the doctors in my work history not show the clinic as showin the clinic will complicate the file as i will have to take references from patient,my consultants etc..

please guide

swisswise

Jan 24, 2016
Hello All,
I have got my IELTS results and WES eval.
I am not sure about CRS calculation but it seems I am scoring approx 379-389 points
as my IELTS score crashed in reading and writing and I scored only 6 in each, listening and speaking were 9 and 7.

1. Do I have any chance?
2 Should I retake the test and apply.
3. As I dont have any canadian edu or work exp. How can i maximize my score? Is language test the only way out?
4. Does other folks who are scoring more than 430-450 does having max language and canadian exp or edu?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Vaidyy said:
Hi Experts,

I have got ITA to apply and I am gathering all documents.
My Work permit is expiring in 4 months. After submitting the documents for EE, Can I also apply for WP extension through my company.
Will it be a valid process or will this impact my Express entry process?
Can these both exist in parallel what if my WP extension comes first before PR and what PR comes first.

Please advise on the probabilities. I am little confused here.

Regards.
Once you submit your EE profile and your "R10" is fine, you might be eligible to apply for a BOWP. I don't think this will impact your PR application in any way. CIC usually takes 4.5 to 6 months to finalize your PR application. In the mean time, you might get your BOWP - no big deal. Until a decision is made on your BOWP application, I believe you can remain on implied status in Canada.

chiron

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
swisswise said:
Hello All,
I have got my IELTS results and WES eval.
I am not sure about CRS calculation but it seems I am scoring approx 379-389 points
as my IELTS score crashed in reading and writing and I scored only 6 in each, listening and speaking were 9 and 7.

1. Do I have any chance?
2 Should I retake the test and apply.
3. As I dont have any canadian edu or work exp. How can i maximize my score? Is language test the only way out?
4. Does other folks who are scoring more than 430-450 does having max language and canadian exp or edu?
A score of 441 is possible for a candidate with a Bachelor's degree and CLB9. To go over that you need Canadian experience, relatives, Master's Degree, PNP etc.

AnnaBG

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am tryint to submit my FBI PCC to my profile but it asks for issues date and expiry date. There is no expiry date on the document .... what should I put there?

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohaillactuca said:
Hi experts
Regarding the attestation of documents, can I can send documents to canada for spouse along with principal applicant with one reference number or I have to take another reference for the spouse.
I guess you are talking about WES evaluation. If I am correct, then you have to create two login accounts with WES (1 for you and other for your spouse) which will generate two reference numbers. You have to collect all your and your spouse's academic documents required and pack them in sealed envelopes and send them to WES. For more details, go through this post...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/educational-credential-assessment-eca-from-wes-step-by-step-guide-t394160.0.html

Thanks

dralfa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
swati6286@yahoo.in said:
hello friends,

i have a query on work experience, i am a dental surgeon by profession my work history is as follows
oct 2009 to oct 2010 in one clinic
nov 2010 to nov 2013 in other clinic
later i hav opened my clinc

my query is can i just show the work experience with the doctors in my work history not show the clinic as showin the clinic will complicate the file as i will have to take references from patient,my consultants etc..

please guide
what about the paid experience ? i mean did you get payment receipts or cheque as a proof or just cash salary in hand?? i mean is it necessary to give those proofs or we have to just mention it in experience certificate?

dralfa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
aditya127 said:
Hello guys,

Thanks a ton for your help so far.
Much appreciated!

Could you also advise, in case we are not able to approach current employer for job reference letter, what could be the alternative?

1) I have offer, appointment, compensation letter and payslips.
2) I can also ask colleague to sign a similar job reference letter on plain paper.

Regards,
Aditya
i am dentist as well n same problem with me either. i think its better to show experience as a dentist in other clinic.

pavlovych88

Oct 29, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
What is your CRS if you mark her as a non-accompanying dependent?

Yes, this is possible - You can land first and you can bring her in via spousal sponsorship but from what I hear, that is a long and tedious process.
If I mark my wife as a non-accompanying dependents my CRS will be 472.
Is it better to wait with my current CRS 455 for province nomination or direct ITA or apply for it alone?
Thanks for your reply

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have done my Masters from Canada and have 1 year canadian work experience.
I have done my bachelors in India.
I am preparing the documents to be assessed from WES. I can send my bachelors documents but,
Do i need to send my HSC SSC (10th or 12th Grade) certificate to them?
Do i really need to assess the HSC ?

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
ssingh5 said:
Hi Guys,

I have done my Masters from Canada and have 1 year canadian work experience.
I have done my bachelors in India.
I am preparing the documents to be assessed from WES. I can send my bachelors documents but,
Do i need to send my HSC SSC (10th or 12th Grade) certificate to them?
Do i really need to assess the HSC ?
To add to this , One more question. Do i need to assess foreign credentials even my bachelors if i have done my Masters from Canada.