+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

kkaur73

Mar 3, 2014
Hi All,

I need your help, advise.... appreciate any response.

Okey, Here is my situation... sorry for long description::

I am wondering if i can be eligible for Express Entry. I am on PGWP(Post Graduate Work Permit). I was in Calgary and doing full time manager(NOC 0 - 0621) job in retail. I just could do that job for complete 3 months, then i had to move to BC for some family reasons. So, i wasn't sure when I am gonna go back to Calgary, Thats why i started searching for jobs in BC. Fortunately I got same job title in BC as well- Manager in retail NOC 0.

But that was 3 months contract job just to cover somebody's leave. But it was full time job - 40hrs a week. and i finished that job in end of December 2014. So i accumulated 6 months experience as a manager. and then i went back to my home country for couple of months. i came back in april 2015.

since then I am on full time job search. because i couldnt find full time job so i started working part time in retail(but not NOC 0). Now i am back in Calgary since first week of August and started job as a manager in retail(NOC 0).

Sorry for long description, but i really need help here,

So the questions are:
1) if i complete my another 6-7 months with this job so will I be eligible to apply for Express Entry?

2)Will CIC consider that gap as a negative point i have between these 12 months? so should this 12 months experience be continuous/ progressive?(Because I couldnt find this info on CIC website- I have called to CIC call center and they sent me a link of that Express Entry Page on their website)

3)Last question is: (detail: My husband is on LMO right now in BC and doing job as a Long Haul Truck Driver since march 2014)
So are we able to change his work permit conditions - from LMO to Open Work Permit - On behalf of my legal status in Canada?
(Regarding this i also called to CIC call center, and they told me as long as I am holding a legal status in Canada, so my husband can get open work permit on behalf of my status but what i found during that call with call center agent, he didnt listen me seriously or he was in bad mood didnt wanna talk so he jus said that statement--- so I am so confused about it.)

Please help me, i am so confused and under stress that what should i do.

I am greatly thankfull to people who wanna answer these questions.

Thanku sooooo much in advance.

kkaur73

Mar 3, 2014
Express Entry

kkaur73 said:
Hi All,

I need your help, advise.... appreciate any response.

Okey, Here is my situation... sorry for long description::

I am wondering if i can be eligible for Express Entry. I am on PGWP(Post Graduate Work Permit). I was in Calgary and doing full time manager(NOC 0 - 0621) job in retail. I just could do that job for complete 3 months, then i had to move to BC for some family reasons. So, i wasn't sure when I am gonna go back to Calgary, Thats why i started searching for jobs in BC. Fortunately I got same job title in BC as well- Manager in retail NOC 0.

But that was 3 months contract job just to cover somebody's leave. But it was full time job - 40hrs a week. and i finished that job in end of December 2014. So i accumulated 6 months experience as a manager. and then i went back to my home country for couple of months. i came back in april 2015.

since then I am on full time job search. because i couldnt find full time job so i started working part time in retail(but not NOC 0). Now i am back in Calgary since first week of August and started job as a manager in retail(NOC 0).

Sorry for long description, but i really need help here,

So the questions are:
1) if i complete my another 6-7 months with this job so will I be eligible to apply for Express Entry?

2)Will CIC consider that gap as a negative point i have between these 12 months? so should this 12 months experience be continuous/ progressive?(Because I couldnt find this info on CIC website- I have called to CIC call center and they sent me a link of that Express Entry Page on their website)

3)Last question is: (detail: My husband is on LMO right now in BC and doing job as a Long Haul Truck Driver since march 2014)
So are we able to change his work permit conditions - from LMO to Open Work Permit - On behalf of my legal status in Canada?
(Regarding this i also called to CIC call center, and they told me as long as I am holding a legal status in Canada, so my husband can get open work permit on behalf of my status but what i found during that call with call center agent, he didnt listen me seriously or he was in bad mood didnt wanna talk so he jus said that statement--- so I am so confused about it.)

Please help me, i am so confused and under stress that what should i do.

I am greatly thankfull to people who wanna answer these questions.

Thanku sooooo much in advance.
keerthiv said:
Hello people,

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

is there a thread in this forum that someone can point me to, that will provide a step-by-step instructions of how to apply for Express Entry process(in order).
If here is no thread of that can, could someone who has in-depth understanding of the process, kindly create one and put it as sticky?

I am bit confused as to what would be the first step in applying for the EE and its corresponding steps.
Though website provide instructions to certain extent, i am not entirely convinced as i understand there is lot more required than what is mentioned on the website.

These instruction will be helpful not just to me but many aspirants who are seeking a lucid understanding of the process.

Thank you all for your time. :)

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
You can't get or use the NCA assessment to gain CRS points. It will be of use to your spouse if and when you get to Canada. If she isn't getting a Masters or entry-to-profession equivalence, recommend that you be the PA on this application.
Thanks Asivad Anac! Appreciate your quick responses.. :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Himalaya1 said:
Hi !!

Can anyone tell me the points awarded in CRS for a relative settled there?

Thanks
No CRS points. For select relatives, you can get 5 points on the FSW scale.

Relatives in Canada

You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a

parent,
grandparent,
child,
grandchild,
child of a parent (sibling),
child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is

living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

1234UJ

Jul 4, 2015
I have been following this forum for sometime now.However, this is my first post and I am seeking for the answer of my query from seniors and basically from anyone who knows about it. :D

I recently with the help of consultancy (on 6th August) opened my EE profile.And when 14th draw took place I was excited but later told I was not in a pool to be selected on that day.Anyway he passed me an application number saying that now it (profile) needs to be verified by CIC and then it would go into a pool and then I would have a case number as well. I thought the profile would go into a pool as soon as it is submitted. And I also could not find anything about case number at all while searching in the net.

So what exactly happens when EE profile is created? It sounds very simple but people like me who hired consultant to do this basicall are clueless and there are not much information about it in the Internet as well. He promised me to provide me with the login details once I get case number?? So where I am and what I am missing??

I know I could have done it myself but then people take decision.

farazshah000

Aug 19, 2015
hi guys,

I am starting the preliminary procedures for my Canadian immigration. I will be the PA for this application, does my wife also has to take ielts exam to improve our application score?

thanks!

1234UJ

Jul 4, 2015
farazshah000 said:
hi guys,

I am starting the preliminary procedures for my Canadian immigration. I will be the PA for this application, does my wife also has to take ielts exam to improve our application score?

thanks!
Yes, you answered your question. However it's not compulsory.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Himalaya1 said:
Thanks Asivad.

I got my ECA done. Is the spouse also required to submit the ECA report?

Regards
Not mandatory. You can ge up to 10 points for spouse ECA.

ebi

Mar 8, 2014
Hi
I have a question.
Please tell me that my IELTS should be valid on the time of selection or when ever uploaded along with other documents after getting ITA?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ebi said:
Hi
I have a question.
Please tell me that my IELTS should be valid on the time of selection or when ever uploaded along with other documents after getting ITA?
Valid till you successfully submit documents post ITA.

princezulfi

Aug 19, 2015
Hi Folks,

i need some guidance, i am going to start my EE application along with my family. do i qualify with below points.

• Work experience: 15 points (over 12 years)
• Education: 19 points ( MSc from UK (WES done) , BSC Pakistan (WES can't be done , University is closed and not in list of WES)
• IELTS: 19 points (L: 7.5 R: 6 W: 6 S: 7.6 )
Total points are 65 where as i heard that I have to achieve 67 points to enter express entry pool.

what if i get job offer, a company i worked with them in Qatar are willing to hire me under category "O" NOC 0211.