+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi,

All she need is a minimum of 1 year.

Regards

Hi @TanakaM ,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I heard that if the occupation category is O, that is in the managerial level, usually the pre-requisite experience we need to display to CIC for applying to that NOC is several years, just for the purpose of credibility. That is to say, maybe CIC thinks that in order to be a manager the applicant should have several years of experience. However, in my friends case, this is not the matter, so do you think she can just show in total 5.5 years experience (that is 2 years of executive level, for which she won't claim any points, and 3 years of managerial level, which she would be claiming points) and thus she should be okay with her application?

Actually, She has seen people with 8/9 years of experience in total showing managerial NOC, so she is a little nervous whether CIC would accept her application or not. So, what is your call in this case? It would be great to have your feedback in this matter. thank you so much :)

BR

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
@TanakaM , pls suggest

I am in Senegal (West Africa) now on a work visa for 6 months (April 8, 2017 to October 8, 2017), As there is no option to apply for PCC after leaving the country as inquired here and i will be leaving on Oct 8, 2017.
I have obtained a PCC on 26, September , 2017 which is before leaving the country (for 5.5 months stay).
Can i use this for application as i am going to submit my EE profile in a week and hoping for an ITA soon with CRS 432.
Also if someone can let me know how to get PCC from Senegal after leaving the country.
Also pls explain whether the below mentioned is true in my case.
"
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
"
Hi,

This is a difficult situation, but if there is no way of getting PCC from outside Senegal then you have no choice. This is what I would do:
- Go to the Tribunal or Police and ask them to write a letter confirming that there is no way to get PCC from outside Senegal.
- Submit the PCC together with this letter.
- Explain the situation in my LOE when you apply for PR.

I think this should be fine, but its at the Visa Officer's discretion.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi @TanakaM ,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I heard that if the occupation category is O, that is in the managerial level, usually the pre-requisite experience we need to display to CIC for applying to that NOC is several years, just for the purpose of credibility. That is to say, maybe CIC thinks that in order to be a manager the applicant should have several years of experience. However, in my friends case, this is not the matter, so do you think she can just show in total 5.5 years experience (that is 2 years of executive level, for which she won't claim any points, and 3 years of managerial level, which she would be claiming points) and thus she should be okay with her application?

Actually, She has seen people with 8/9 years of experience in total showing managerial NOC, so she is a little nervous whether CIC would accept her application or not. So, what is your call in this case? It would be great to have your feedback in this matter. thank you so much :)

BR
Where did she get this information? Its total rubbish. There is no difference between a person with experience in level 0 and in level B, they are all treated the same.

Below are the requirements:
"

Minimum work experience requirement

The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)].

The applicant’s skilled work experience must also

• have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.
Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted.

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/minimum.asp

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear Members,
I'm new on this forum and I just received an ITA on Sep. 20 under the skilled workers program, I'm the main applicant and I'm applying with my wife, my sister is a PR in Toronto, CA;
I'm Tunisian and my wife is Tunisian/ Russian.
I'm really confused regarding the documents to upload:

1) Education (diplomas/degrees) (required): Should I just upload the WES reports or I should also upload the official translations of the diplomas?
2) Family Member Proof of Status (required): What did they mean by that? Family member refers to my wife of my sister? (there is already another section for my sister (Proof of PR/Citizenship of sibling (required)/
Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required)/ Proof of sibling relationship (required) ))
3) Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required): My wife's section: My wife is holding also a Russian Passport, should I also upload that?
4) National ID (Multiple) (required): What did they mean by that? Should I also attach my National ID Card?

In advance many thx for your help!
Hi,

1) Upload all your original degree certificate, official translations and affidavits related to the translations. Follow the translation instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
You can then add your WES and IELTS reports.

2) This is in reference to your sister's PR card or proof of her status in Canada.
- Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required) - utility bill or anything to prove that she physically lives in Canada.
- Proof of sibling relationship (required) - Birth certificates.

3) Not 100% sure, but I think you only need to submit the passport she will be using to travel.

4) Yes

All the best

Reactions: bmelia

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Where did she get this information? Its total rubbish. There is no difference between a person with experience in level 0 and in level B, they are all treated the same.

Below are the requirements:
"

Minimum work experience requirement

The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)].

The applicant’s skilled work experience must also

• have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.
Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted.

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

"
I humbly beg to differ with you here- A manager typically needs atleast 3-4 years of experience prior to gaining oversight of the department. These years of experience could have been accrued prior, and need not be mentioned on the part where we need to claim points (under the Work History).

However, I reckon under the Personal History section, it makes eminent sense to incorporate these years or months, as appropriate, as long as this was achieved within the preceding 10-year timeframe. I know many people who are not even actual managers and have put in all 8 years of experience as manager under the NOC '0' code of managerial occupations.

Welcome your thoughts and comments. Thanks.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I humbly beg to differ with you here- A manager typically needs atleast 3-4 years of experience prior to gaining oversight of the department. These years of experience could have been accrued prior, and need not be mentioned on the part where we need to claim points (under the Work History).

However, I reckon under the Personal History section, it makes eminent sense to incorporate these years or months, as appropriate, as long as this was achieved within the preceding 10-year timeframe. I know many people who are not even actual managers and have put in all 8 years of experience as manager under the NOC '0' code of managerial occupations.

Welcome your thoughts and comments. Thanks.
Hi Jakev,

May you please show me where this instruction is written?

srinu126

Sep 13, 2017
Hi,

This is a difficult situation, but if there is no way of getting PCC from outside Senegal then you have no choice. This is what I would do:
- Go to the Tribunal or Police and ask them to write a letter confirming that there is no way to get PCC from outside Senegal.
- Submit the PCC together with this letter.
- Explain the situation in my LOE when you apply for PR.

I think this should be fine, but its at the Visa Officer's discretion.

All the best
Thank you for the response, I would try as you suggested.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hi Jakev,

May you please show me where this instruction is written?
The instruction, as you rightly alluded to, isn't written/documented. However, it's plain common sense that a manager needs a time period of development prior to becoming one.

It's extremely rare for a person to become a manager at the age of 25 in his 1st job with the premise that he has 8 years of work experience.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
The instruction, as you rightly alluded to, isn't written/documented. However, it's plain common sense that a manager needs a time period of development prior to becoming one.

It's extremely rare for a person to become a manager at the age of 25 in his 1st job with the premise that he has 8 years of work experience.
My friend, this is not about common sense, it is about following CIC instructions.
I know the NOC employment requirements say some experience is needed, but the CIC instructions say there is no need for the applicant to demonstrate that they meet these requirements.

"Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description."

Furthermore, there are many 24-25 year old in management positions or working in jobs at skill level 0. Some may be in small companies, but CIC is not concerned about this. All one needs is to have performed the duties and held responsibilities that are consistent with the ones described in the selected NOC for a period of at least 12 months.

Regards

Reactions: Jakev

bmelia

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi,

1) Upload all your original degree certificate, official translations and affidavits related to the translations. Follow the translation instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
You can then add your WES and IELTS reports.

2) This is in reference to your sister's PR card or proof of her status in Canada.
- Proof of residency in Canada of sibling (required) - utility bill or anything to prove that she physically lives in Canada.
- Proof of sibling relationship (required) - Birth certificates.

3) Not 100% sure, but I think you only need to submit the passport she will be using to travel.

4) Yes

All the best
Many thx TanakaM I really appreciate your help!
All the best!

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Hi,

You don't need a job description, you need a reference letter that contains the following information:
"
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years])."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

All the best
Thanks! All my work experience is in Canada. Does that mean I don't need a reference letter then? Just To tax slips etc is adequate?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Thanks! All my work experience is in Canada. Does that mean I don't need a reference letter then? Just To tax slips etc is adequate?
Well I don't know much about CEC, but my understanding of the instruction is that it is mandatory for all applicants. Then you can add tax slips as evidence. You would need to do a bit more research on this.

All the best