+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
In ITA app there is a section 'Travel History' in which you have to mention the places you have visited besides your home country. One you enter name, dates etc. of the country you went, there is a space you have to fill out called 'Places of visit'. It is just one line. My question is regarding that space:

Should I mention all the cities that I have visited during my visits to those country or just the main city where I landed?

Thanks

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
How old is the account? IRCC requests a 6 month history (not because you need to have held the funds for 6 months, but because they want to be able to look back into your history for at least 6 months to figure out if you have any suspicious deposits (for example this large deposit from your friend which could possibly be a loan - that's why you need the Gift Deed). If the account is at least 6 months old, you need to provide the 6 month history. If the account isn't 6 months old, this will raise red flags and you need to provide documentation and evidence to explain why it is only 3-months old and to clarify that you're not trying to hide anything or something sketchy is going on. In order to qualify for Express Entry, you need to have been working for at least 1 year which means you would have been earning a salary (and would need to have been putting that salary somewhere) for at least 1 year, so you're going to have a very good reason (and very good evidence of that reason) for why you only have a 3-month old account.
My account is about 3 years old. It is my payroll account so all my salaries have been going in it. Is there any case that Gift Deed from friend can be accepted as good enough evidence? The funds will remain in my account so I am not hiding anything or misrepresenting. So that money is basically given to me and will stay with me.

rajafaran

May 14, 2017
i have recieved my ITA , now i am filling up the questionnaire where in i am required to enter the details of my 10 years history. i have worked 1 year 3 months full time (the only employment i claimed points for). before which i used to work part time for the same company and i wasn't paid for this part time employment. i havn't even claimed points for this . what should i write in the details for this? employment/trainee/intern?
and will it make difference if i was unpaid for it?
It depends on what is written on your employment certificate of these part-time jobs. It should match that.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
In ITA app there is a section 'Travel History' in which you have to mention the places you have visited besides your home country. One you enter name, dates etc. of the country you went, there is a space you have to fill out called 'Places of visit'. It is just one line. My question is regarding that space:

Should I mention all the cities that I have visited during my visits to those country or just the main city where I landed?

Thanks
Hi,

Just where you landed or the main city you visited.

regards

Reactions: rajafaran

Varun500

Sep 7, 2017
Hi All,

I received ITA in last draw and am very confused on below point. Would be grateful if someone can provide suggestions.
During the last 10 years, I have personal history as below:
1) 2008 oct - 2012 jan 10 Org 1
2) 2012 Jan11 - 2012 Jan 27 ---------Unemployed [around 20 days]
3) 2012 Jan28 - 2017 May 6 Org 2
4) 2017 May 7 - 2017 May14 -----------Unemployed [7days]
5) 2017 May 15 - 2017 June 20 Org 3
6) 2017 June 21 - 2017 Jul 17 ------------Unemployed [around 20 days]
7) 2017 Jul 18 - Till date Org 4

I have declared just 1st two employments (org1 and org2) in work history as, these are the two i am claiming points for.

My question is about the short unemployment periods in between. Since in Personal history, cic is asking for information in MM YY format, do they really care for these unemployment periods which are just in days. Do i really need to create separate unemployment rows in personal history or, these will just add to confusion.

Regards
Varun

ravi4091

Jan 23, 2017
Hi,

Put dates as per degree certificate. How long it took is irrelevant, what is important is that you have an ECA.

Regards
Dear Sir,

I have received an ITA on 20th September.! Now just to be on a safe side, I wanted to ask you if it would be fine to avoid showing work details for all the employers in my work history as I had only mentioned details of my current employment while filling the online application for express entry. So in personal history if I mention details my previous job then would I be required to produce reference letters of all the other jobs as well??

Secondly, My address on my passport is of the following format: (Apartment number, Society Name, Area,City, Pin code). As a result, how should I mention my address in the below address history while filling the PR application??

Apartment/unit number (if applicable)

Street number?

Street address/name?

Street address/name line 2 (if applicable)

City/town?

Lastly, what should I mention in the P.O Box number?? as I guess i am confusing it with Pin code number??

waiting for your kind revert, :)

Ravi,

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi All,

I received ITA in last draw and am very confused on below point. Would be grateful if someone can provide suggestions.
During the last 10 years, I have personal history as below:
1) 2008 oct - 2012 jan 10 Org 1
2) 2012 Jan11 - 2012 Jan 27 ---------Unemployed [around 20 days]
3) 2012 Jan28 - 2017 May 6 Org 2
4) 2017 May 7 - 2017 May14 -----------Unemployed [7days]
5) 2017 May 15 - 2017 June 20 Org 3
6) 2017 June 21 - 2017 Jul 17 ------------Unemployed [around 20 days]
7) 2017 Jul 18 - Till date Org 4

I have declared just 1st two employments (org1 and org2) in work history as, these are the two i am claiming points for.

My question is about the short unemployment periods in between. Since in Personal history, cic is asking for information in MM YY format, do they really care for these unemployment periods which are just in days. Do i really need to create separate unemployment rows in personal history or, these will just add to confusion.

Regards
Varun
Hi,

There is no need for them.

If I'm not mistaken, they ask for you to start with your current activity. So I think you need re-enter everything in the correct order.

All the best

Reactions: Varun500

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear Sir,

I have received an ITA on 20th September.! Now just to be on a safe side, I wanted to ask you if it would be fine to avoid showing work details for all the employers in my work history as I had only mentioned details of my current employment while filling the online application for express entry. So in personal history if I mention details my previous job then would I be required to produce reference letters of all the other jobs as well??

Secondly, My address on my passport is of the following format: (Apartment number, Society Name, Area,City, Pin code). As a result, how should I mention my address in the below address history while filling the PR application??

Apartment/unit number (if applicable)

Street number?

Street address/name?

Street address/name line 2 (if applicable)

City/town?

Lastly, what should I mention in the P.O Box number?? as I guess i am confusing it with Pin code number??

waiting for your kind revert, :)

Ravi,
Hi,

1) Only put what you are claiming points for in the employment history. The rest goes into personal history where no references are required.
2) It's hard to say, you just have to find a way of fitting all the information in. If you dont have a P.O Box dont put anything.

regards

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi All,

I have question, me and my wife recently submitted the passport for stamping.
I'm the primary applicant and my wife is dependant , i submitted both of our passport at ottawa office.

My wife is in India , once we get the passport back .

Do i need to do the landing first ? - if yes, ok that wont be an issue i can quickly cross the border.
but, Is it ok if my wife do the landing by herself ?will they ask anything ?

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks in advance

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi All,

I have question, me and my wife recently submitted the passport for stamping.
I'm the primary applicant and my wife is dependant , i submitted both of our passport at ottawa office.

My wife is in India , once we get the passport back .

Do i need to do the landing first ? - if yes, ok that wont be an issue i can quickly cross the border.
but, Is it ok if my wife do the landing by herself ?will they ask anything ?

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Yes, the principle applicant must land first.
Yes, your wife can land on her own. You will need to do more research to find out what documents will be needed, if any.

All the best

Reactions: magesh1988

manvit

Sep 26, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Quick Query!!

I have done BCOM( Bachelor in Commerce) which is 3 year's graduation post that MBA( Master in Business Administration) regular 2 years in India
Can anyone please confirm or have any idea what would be my score in the education assessment, will it be considered in the post graduation category?

Many Thanks

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Everyone,

Quick Query!!

I have done BCOM( Bachelor in Commerce) which is 3 year's graduation post that MBA( Master in Business Administration) regular 2 years in India
Can anyone please confirm or have any idea what would be my score in the education assessment, will it be considered in the post graduation category?

Many Thanks
Hi,

You will get points for a masters degree if your ECA confirms that it is equivalent to a Canadian masters (135 points).
Use this tool to see: https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

Regards

amirmoei

Sep 26, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have received my ITA and just uploaded all the needed information and paid the app fees. I realised that my score (405) was considerably less than what I read on many threads which has me worrying a little bit.

I had 2 questions:

1- provided I prove all I said was right in my application, is there a high chance of getting the PR as it is implied?

2- Is there going to be final in-person interview where the person's biased opinion could make it or break it?

Thanks in advance
Keivan