+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi everyone,

I have received my ITA and just uploaded all the needed information and paid the app fees. I realised that my score (405) was considerably less than what I read on many threads which has me worrying a little bit.

I had 2 questions:

1- provided I prove all I said was right in my application, is there a high chance of getting the PR as it is implied?

2- Is there going to be final in-person interview where the person's biased opinion could make it or break it?

Thanks in advance
Keivan
Hi,

How did you get an ITA with a score of 405?

-Interviews are very rare, so you likely won't get called for one.

Regards

psahanj

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,
How do we know which program we are qualified for when we submit the express entry profile?
I am asking because I have following FOREIGN experience:
1) 8 months same skill type
2) then gap for 2 months
3) 2.5 years same skill type

I read few posts on this forum and I am confused if I should have continuous work experience or not.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
How do we know which program we are qualified for when we submit the express entry profile?
I am asking because I have following FOREIGN experience:
1) 8 months same skill type
2) then gap for 2 months
3) 2.5 years same skill type

I read few posts on this forum and I am confused if I should have continuous work experience or not.
Hi,

1)The express entry profile will clearly show which class you qualify under.
2) Based on the experience you have , you may qualify under the FSWP. You only need 1 year of continuous experience. The rest can be comulative.

Regards

psahanj

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,

1)The express entry profile will clearly show which class you qualify under.
2) Based on the experience you have , you may qualify under the FSWP. You only need 1 year of continuous experience. The rest can be comulative.

Regards
Hi TanakaM,
Thank you for your response. Sorry to ask follow up questions.
1) I don't know where to look in the Express entry profile for the program type :(. Can you advice where exactly I can find it?
2) Can I claim points for 3 years or just 2 years in this case?
FYI, I have already submitted the express entry application. I got points for 3 years of work exp and looks like the system ignored the gap. Does this mean its okay?
Your help is appreciated!

Last edited:

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi TanakaM,
Thank you for your response. Sorry to ask follow up questions.
1) I don't know where to look in the Express entry profile for the program type :(. Can you advice where exactly I can find it?
2) Can I claim points for 3 years or just 2 years in this case?
FYI, I have already submitted the express entry application. I got points for 3 years of work exp and looks like the system ignored the gap. Does this mean its okay?
Your help is appreciated!
It's ok.
1) If you only have foreign work experience you will only qualify for under FSW.
2) Yes, this is correct, the gap doesn't matter. You have 3 years of experience.

Regards

Reactions: zaka.engr

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Will personal history include your travel as well. eg...I am working with my employer from Feb 2016 to current. I had taken time off since I started when I went on holidays.for 2 weeks to Canada and then again 3 weeks to India...should I mention the holidays in this personal history section? or just in the travel history?

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hi,

1) Only put what you are claiming points for in the employment history. The rest goes into personal history where no references are required.
2) It's hard to say, you just have to find a way of fitting all the information in. If you dont have a P.O Box dont put anything.

regards
So does this mean , we only show the work history for the NOC we have applied under the rest we show in personal history?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
So does this mean , we only show the work history for the NOC we have applied under the rest we show in personal history?
No, it means we only show what we are claiming points for in employment history (This could be made up of multiple NOCs). The rest only goes into personal history where no evidence is required.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Will personal history include your travel as well. eg...I am working with my employer from Feb 2016 to current. I had taken time off since I started when I went on holidays.for 2 weeks to Canada and then again 3 weeks to India...should I mention the holidays in this personal history section? or just in the travel history?
Hi,

Travel history does not go into personal history. So just mention you trips in travel history only.

All the best

saurabhdevgun

Apr 27, 2017
Hi Freinds,

I am in process of submitting my ITA application in a month (Submitting from India). By end of November, my marital status is going to be changed and will inform authorities so that I can add my spouse in my application as well. Now, I have few concerns which are following: -

1) My would be wife passport address will not be valid after few days as they are going to shift to a new house. In that case, I want her to get her PCC done right away. Will it be an issue? Is PCC date of her should be greater than our marriage date?

2) If, we do not get her PCC done now. Then, What all documents will work for her PCC? Does, We need to apply for a new passport on my address?

Thanks in Advance, You suggestions will be very helpful.
Saurabh Sharma

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
No, it means we only show what we are claiming points for in employment history (This could be made up of multiple NOCs). The rest only goes into personal history where no evidence is required.

regards
so I have 3 years experience in the NOC I need to assessed under...or claiming points for...other jobs are different NOC's..and skill type C..so would it be better if I just show my previous role and current role...skill type B ..and take everything else off?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
so I have 3 years experience in the NOC I need to assessed under...or claiming points for...other jobs are different NOC's..and skill type C..so would it be better if I just show my previous role and current role...skill type B ..and take everything else off?
Correct.

Just put you 3 years experience in employment history (you will need reference letter).
The rest us unskilled so just put it in personal history only (no reference letter required)

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Freinds,

I am in process of submitting my ITA application in a month (Submitting from India). By end of November, my marital status is going to be changed and will inform authorities so that I can add my spouse in my application as well. Now, I have few concerns which are following: -

1) My would be wife passport address will not be valid after few days as they are going to shift to a new house. In that case, I want her to get her PCC done right away. Will it be an issue? Is PCC date of her should be greater than our marriage date?

2) If, we do not get her PCC done now. Then, What all documents will work for her PCC? Does, We need to apply for a new passport on my address?

Thanks in Advance, You suggestions will be very helpful.
Saurabh Sharma
Hi,

1) She can get PCC for her home country now as it only has to have been take in the last 6 months.
2) The address you use does not matter as you need to get PCC that covers the whole country not just one area or address. I think you need to get it from PSK (do more research).
3) No need for new passport, she can use her current one.

regards

zaka.engr

Sep 27, 2017
Dear All,
I am new in this forum and wanted to ask one thing regarding EE profile, I have Got my IELTS test report as well as ECA report. Issue is this, uptill now i havent got my wife's ECA report, However her IELTS test report is with me. Could someone please tell me
1- After Building EE profile, Could I add my Wife's ECA report in the Profile to increase my Score?