+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
A question on medicals...it is advisable to get the medical done after the ITA right? So once I get the ITA should I get my medicals done and upload the confirmation of medicals done with my application or should I wait for IRCC to tell me that I need to do my medicals?
For express entry medicals are done upfront, so you dont wait for a request.
Read this:

"
Medical examination confirmation
Purpose

To assess the health of the applicant and their family members

Document requirements
  • The medical examination confirmation is required up front and must be valid at the time of application.
  • The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
  • The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B (PDF, 453 KB)] (available internally only), whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
  • Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of the appointment by the panel physician at the last minute without time to reschedule)."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

All the best

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
For express entry medicals are done upfront, so you dont wait for a request.
Read this:

"
Medical examination confirmation
Purpose

To assess the health of the applicant and their family members

Document requirements
  • The medical examination confirmation is required up front and must be valid at the time of application.
  • The applicant must include the immigration medical examination (IME) number in their e-APR.
  • The applicant must provide a copy of either the information printout sheet or the Upfront Medical Report form [IMM 1017B (PDF, 453 KB)] (available internally only), whichever the panel physician provides upon completion of the medical examination.
  • Exceptions are made only in rare circumstances that are outside of the client’s control (e.g., cancellation of the appointment by the panel physician at the last minute without time to reschedule)."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

All the best
mate you are an encyclopedia...

Reactions: TanakaM

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A bit offtopic but I need some guidance my passport is getting expired on nov-2018 and I received ITA on 20-Sep 2017, so by the time passport is asked for ppr it will be less than 1 year since expiration. Will that cause an issue or should I go for passport renewal?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
A bit offtopic but I need some guidance my passport is getting expired on nov-2018 and I received ITA on 20-Sep 2017, so by the time passport is asked for ppr it will be less than 1 year since expiration. Will that cause an issue or should I go for passport renewal?
Hi,

You will need to renew your passport. You can do it now or after submitting you application. IMO it would be best to sort it out before submit your application.

Regards

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You will need to renew your passport. You can do it now or after submitting you application. IMO it would be best to sort it out before submit your application.

Regards
I checked with passport office they told I can only apply for renewal on 24th Nov 2017 not before that.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I checked with passport office they told I can only apply for renewal on 24th Nov 2017 not before that.
Oh ok. When do you plan to submit your application?
You can submit your application with the current passport then renew it before PPR. You can update IRCC through a CSE when you have the new passport.

Reactions: love4immigration

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh ok. When do you plan to submit your application?
You can submit your application with the current passport then renew it before PPR. You can update IRCC through a CSE when you have the new passport.
Yeah will do that. I hope that doesn't impact my application in any way. Fingers crossed.

sumanserah

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Hi all,

I got my AOR today. I was wondering what is the usual timeframe that the ircc gets back with a decision?

My profile is not too complicated.

Please let me know on the approx times.

Thanks!

Bodmas

Sep 21, 2017
Dear All, I am in the process of submitting my CIC application. I started my process back in 2015 and just got a provincial nomination. During this process, my wife's aunt who lives in a different province was not known to us as we have not heard from her for a while. but sometime early this year, she reconnected with my wife through social media, invited my wife over to her place in canada and visa was granted.
My question is this, how do I mention her relationship in my application? considering the fact that i didnt mention her in my details submitted to the province but now answered yes to relationship in Canada for CIC. How do i convince them that truly, I intend to stay in my province and i have even been offered admission into one of the university in my province. I am a bit confused because i dont want to misrepresent facts. I hope this wont affect my nomination?

samchop86

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I got my AOR today. I was wondering what is the usual timeframe that the ircc gets back with a decision?

Thanks!
Hi,
No one can answer this precisely, except IRCC.
What is your category - FSWO?
According to the current trends, FSWO is being processed fastest these days (somewhere between 50-80 days). PNP and CEC are still being processed at a snail's pace.
Since, you already have AOR now, sit back, relax and enjoy this excitement period. :)

Good Luck !!

Reactions: sumanserah

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi all,

Thanks!
Hi,
No one can answer this precisely, except IRCC.
What is your category - FSWO?
According to the current trends, FSWO is being processed fastest these days (somewhere between 50-80 days). PNP and CEC are still being processed at a snail's pace.
Since, you already have AOR now, sit back, relax and enjoy this excitement period. :)

Good Luck !!
Hi,

There are indeed many variables. The advertised time is within 6 months, however, they have been much quicker. IMO a realistic expectation would be 3-4 months (90-120 days). Anything less is a bonus.

All the best

Reactions: sumanserah

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear All, I am in the process of submitting my CIC application. I started my process back in 2015 and just got a provincial nomination. During this process, my wife's aunt who lives in a different province was not known to us as we have not heard from her for a while. but sometime early this year, she reconnected with my wife through social media, invited my wife over to her place in canada and visa was granted.
My question is this, how do I mention her relationship in my application? considering the fact that i didnt mention her in my details submitted to the province but now answered yes to relationship in Canada for CIC. How do i convince them that truly, I intend to stay in my province and i have even been offered admission into one of the university in my province. I am a bit confused because i dont want to misrepresent facts. I hope this wont affect my nomination?
Hi,

You are under no obligation to answer Yes. Since you are not claiming points for this relationship just say No and move on.

All the best

Reactions: Bodmas

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Hello guys !

I got an update and I would like to share with you.

12 may : AOR
1 June : got married and add spouse name in file
28 June : requested to pay $550 to processing spouse documents
3 August: medical clears
23 August: 1st time call at cic and agent said medical clear and no update
18 sep : call them again and agent said everything looks good
20 sep : got mail to provide $490 spouse fee,marriage pic, honeymoon pic and joint account of bank statement (if applicable)
22 September: provide all necessary documents.

I hope I’ll get update in few weeks.

Thanks and best of luck