+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi friends,

When to write a letter of intent or covering letter...I read about them in some thread.
So request you guys to share your knowledge on this...as when these letters are required and are any supporting docs needed for these letters?
Thanks in advance!!
Hi,
I'm not sure which letters you are referring to. However, in the PR application you have the opportunity to write a letter of explanation. This is your opportunity to give any additional information you feel is necessary.

Kind regards

Bambaleeeoo

Star Member
Sep 12, 2015
Toronto
Maybe this time someone helps me,

Was wondering, if I just graduated from the college, applied for PGWP and OWP (for my wife) and suddenly realized that I currently have 435 points, so I don't have to go through PNP (that was the goal before).
The question is:
1. Can I still open Express Entry profile while waiting for those permits or I have to get them first ?
2. How EE works ? If I open it now, does it require from me to upload all the documents (degree, language test) immediately or up to 90 days ?
For example, I am afraid that the minimum score will be increased - > I register -> state the real information -> got my 435 points and get ITA ?
Im only asking because my diploma is still evaluated by WES, so I don't have it right now

Thank you in advance

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I got ITA on 19 April 2017 as a single applicant then I got married on 21 April 2017 and my wife did Education evaluation and English test after that so English test result date is 20 April 2017 and Education Evaluation report date is 25 April 2017 Now my question is her Education evaluation date and IELTS result date is after ITA date so does it count for re-calculating score??

Becuase If I count this both then recalculating score going higher than that ITA cut off otherwise it is going lower. I also called many times to CIC call center they also can't able to answer that and ask me to submit my question here. it is very critical because I am not able to make a decision that shall I decline or go ahead with ITA.

So in conclusion, in this, my given scenario will express entry on submitting my ITA will count my wife's Education evaluation and English test result point on recalculating my score.

Thanks in advance for your time..!
Hi,

Your score will definitely be re-calculated and your wife's IELTS and ECA will be included in your score. If as you say, your score goes above the minimum of your round, your application will not be rejected. Just explain this in your LOE.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

If you have a high score (IMO, 430+) another option is to decline the ITA and reenter the pool with your new score.

Kind regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Maybe this time someone helps me,

Was wondering, if I just graduated from the college, applied for PGWP and OWP (for my wife) and suddenly realized that I currently have 435 points, so I don't have to go through PNP (that was the goal before).
The question is:
1. Can I still open Express Entry profile while waiting for those permits or I have to get them first ?
2. How EE works ? If I open it now, does it require from me to upload all the documents (degree, language test) immediately or up to 90 days ?
For example, I am afraid that the minimum score will be increased - > I register -> state the real information -> got my 435 points and get ITA ?
Im only asking because my diploma is still evaluated by WES, so I don't have it right now

Thank you in advance
Hi,

I don't have an answer for question 1.

2) Once you get an ITA you have 90 days to upload all document and submit your application. With a score of 435 there is no need to worry or rush. I am almost certain score will not go beyond 435 in the near future. In fact they are expected to keep going down.

Best of luck

Reactions: Bambaleeeoo

eleganceheart

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25th August 2014
Doc's Request.
April 30 2015
AOR Received.
PER:12th December 2014
IELTS Request
ALREADY SENT
File Transfer...
December 12 2014
Med's Request
26th April 2016
Med's Done....
5th june 2016,11 june 2016 medical results have been received
Interview........
26th January 2015
Passport Req..
PPR 1 on 15th of june 2016 passport request :16 th june 2016 Decision made on 20 june 2016.Passport submission on:19th june 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16TH JUNE 2016 PASSPORT SENT:19TH JUNE 2016,RECEIVED DATE:28TH JUNE 2016
LANDED..........
26th August 2016
is there anybody who is applying as aeronautical engineer??

Subho_sagnik

Apr 11, 2017
It's all on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

But...

(Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

c) check out what is required for the police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.
Hi,
I have gone through your step by step detailed information regarding the Express Entry application. I have certain questions regarding this.
1. I am a postdoctoral research fellow working at York university (full-time) with one year contract. So can I apply for express entry ?
2. For this job I have NOC as well as LMIA done. So will this help?
3. I already have my IELTS score. However I have not done the Educational credential Assessment yet. So can I apply for the EE PR and do the assessment later while I wait for the invitation?
Please reply so that I can do everything on time.
Thanking you
Sagnik

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi, I have 2 quiries:
1: I recieved my degee in aug 2013 and I started working from 19 Sep 2013 and got my PGWP on 17 Oct. Will that be acceptable. I mean I had study permit in which we are allowed to work 20 hrs per week but what about after completing degree/ diploma? or should I make new experience letter from oct 2013 oct. Please let me know whether it will suffice or not..

2: my work permit was issued on 17 oct 2013 till 17 ocot 2014 and I worked from sep 2013 till nov 2014. I applied for WP extension in Sep 2014 but it was rejected due to LMO problem. I got a letter in Nov 2014 and I quit my job. I worked 44 hrs per week and I want to know whether there will be a problem in counting my canadian experience or not.

blues2419

Jul 10, 2015
Dear Folks, I received an ITA to apply last week and I am stuck at the following 2 queries: I was once refused French Tourist Visa in the year 2015 for the following reason: - Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.
I am not sure why but because I could have provided online bank statements with bank attestation. Since then I travelled Schengen 5 more times with business visa.
Should my answer be yes for the following queries?

Has John Smith been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has John Smith ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Regards,
Blues

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi,

For FSW/CEC, Work Ex for full time job is 30Hr/Week in a year is eligible requirement. I worked in Canada for 41 weeks and 44Hr/Week (around 1860Hr). Will it be acceptable. I was on a vacation 2 times in a year for around 4 weeks and 5 weeks respectively. Will this create a problem or not ? Pls help

sudeep11787

Apr 14, 2017
Hi Guys, I am ready with all my documents for upload after receiving my ITA except POF. Please help me out with this.

1) I have some amount in my account - I will accompany a gift deed from parents

and
the rest is in my wife's account which is a joint account with her dad.

What are her options to avoid any issues. Its her money but in a joint account. Removing the secondary holder isnt an option right now.

1)Should it be transferred to her other account?
2) Can she show a gift deed without any actual transfer of money as it's already in the account?

Please help. I need to find out the ideal way of showing the amount in a joint account as a POF.

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi Guys, I am ready with all my documents for upload after receiving my ITA except POF. Please help me out with this.

1) I have some amount in my account - I will accompany a gift deed from parents

and
the rest is in my wife's account which is a joint account with her dad.

What are her options to avoid any issues. Its her money but in a joint account. Removing the secondary holder isnt an option right now.

1)Should it be transferred to her other account?
2) Can she show a gift deed without any actual transfer of money as it's already in the account?

Please help. I need to find out the ideal way of showing the amount in a joint account as a POF.

Explain the gift deed from your folks in your LOE.
I do not see a reason, for you to transfer the money. As long as she is the account holder, you are fine. I say this, because spouse's bank account details are acceptable in POF.

Reactions: sudeep11787

sudeep11787

Apr 14, 2017
Explain the gift deed from your folks in your LOE.
I do not see a reason, for you to transfer the money. As long as she is the account holder, you are fine. I say this, because spouse's bank account details are acceptable in POF.
But her account is a joint account with her dad. Is that acceptable if we create a gift deed of a certain amount, show that joint accounts statements?
Thanks for your help!!! Much appreciated

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
But her account is a joint account with her dad. Is that acceptable if we create a gift deed of a certain amount, show that joint accounts statements?
Thanks for your help!!! Much appreciated

what do you mean by "1)Should it be transferred to her other account?" ??

If she has a singular account (which is not new), transfer the said money to this account. Explain the sudden influx of money in your LOE.

But, IMO, you don't have to do that .. since the joint account is in her name and she too can exercise her right to withdraw the money any time.

Or if you want to be very sure, withdraw this money and do a Gift Deed of this said amount from your parents. Anyway you are planning to get a gift deed from your parents .. add this money as well.

The whole point of the POF is to show them you got enough funds which can be easily liquidated.

Good Luck.

Reactions: sudeep11787

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi Friends,

Can anyone pls inform me how long does it usually take for WES to change the online status to "Documentation Received" & "Review under process " stage after the documentation is received by the WES officials. They already have received my sent parcel but still there is no update done onto my account status review.

Thanks for your answer.

blues2419

Jul 10, 2015
Hi Friends,

Can anyone pls inform me how long does it usually take for WES to change the online status to "Documentation Received" & "Review under process " stage after the documentation is received by the WES officials. They already have received my sent parcel but still there is no update done onto my account status review.

Thanks for your answer.
Mine took 2 weeks