+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

esihinl

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi All,
My credential evaluation for IMT CDL from IQAS is going to expire next month and they are not renewing it for next 5 years for immigration purposes. They are asking to start a new application (send transcripts and wait for good 4-6 months)
I am in Canada as of now (Not sure how to again send the transcripts directly from the institution) , Do we have any alternative of this situation ?

SoniaKhanum

Mar 24, 2024
i was employed from Jan 1 2018 to April 20, 2022 as a doctor (medical trainee/TMO/residency). this role is required to be for four years.
i took below leaves while in this role:

wedding leave: May 30, 2018 to June 19, 2019 (21 days)

maternity leave: May 31, 2019 to August 28 (90 days)

leaves were unpaid.

as per policy, i compensated this period later to complete my training/residency. this effectively elongated my period from 4 years to around 4 years 3 months.
in EE entry i have claimed my experience for whole period: 4 years and three months. is that okay?

rohitmonga

Jan 3, 2024
I have received the invitation on express entry. I came to Canada on student visa .
I have two question.
Do I need to give biometric again? and if yes will I get request from IRCC or I can directly go and do it.
another thing canadian PCC. Should I get that too or wait until they ask.
thank you for the help

chaima

Mar 27, 2024
Hello people,

Need your help/advice/suggestion.

is there a thread in this forum that someone can point me to, that will provide a step-by-step instructions of how to apply for Express Entry process(in order).
If here is no thread of that can, could someone who has in-depth understanding of the process, kindly create one and put it as sticky?

I am bit confused as to what would be the first step in applying for the EE and its corresponding steps.
Though website provide instructions to certain extent, i am not entirely convinced as i understand there is lot more required than what is mentioned on the website.

These instruction will be helpful not just to me but many aspirants who are seeking a lucid understanding of the process.

Thank you all for your time. :)

Oladimeji2208

Apr 10, 2021
I have received an ITA to apply for CEC EE, I did a co-op for 4 months with my current employer from Jan 2023 to April 2023 under the job title "Engineering Student" and I am counting it as part of my 1-year experience, my job duties as an intern were as follows:
  • Performs and updates quantity take-offs.
  • Conducts deficiency walks.
  • Trade quote reviews by verifying material quantities, hours, and rates.
  • Verifies site conditions and coordinates with drawings.
  • Coordinates quality assurance reviews.
  • Takes and coordinates progress photos.
  • Tracks site progress and deficiencies.
  • Inputs and updates deficiency logs.
  • Participates in project meetings.
  • Produces as-built drawings.
  • Sets-up and maintains record keeping.
My current role as a Field Coordinator falls under 70010 – Construction managers, what can I use as the NOC code for my co-op role since the job duties are different?

sid.can720

Mar 24, 2024
Hi all, My spouse is claiming the sibling points for express entry. For the proof of relationship- birth certificates (mothers name is wrongly updated and fathers name doesn’t have surname) and passport (no surname in my spouse passport) names of both parents are not matching in both spouses and sisters documents. Can we get an affidavit done here to mention these discrepancies for both birth certificates and passport last page? Can anyone please help me on what to do in this case?

Apr 2, 2024
Hello everyone,

Seeking for your advice/help.

my score with married and accompanying my spouse is 509.

My score with married but non-accompanying my spouse is 530.

My profile is set as married but non-accompanying means I will have a chance to get an invite. If I get an invite and accept it and later on can I change my spouse from non-accompanying to accompanying? Will it create problem? Any thoughts from experts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

My profile is set as married but non-accompanying means I will have a chance to get an invite. If I get an invite and accept it and later on can I change my spouse from non-accompanying to accompanying? Will it create problem? Any thoughts from experts would be appreciated. Thank you.
You can change it to accompanying if draw is below 509.

Reactions: Shiny Sunshine

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

Your score will be recalculated so if your goal is to have accompanying spouse you better just put it as that from the beginning so you do not get an ITA for a score of 530 which you will not have if you change your spouse to accompanying.

Apr 2, 2024
Your score will be recalculated so if your goal is to have accompanying spouse you better just put it as that from the beginning so you do not get an ITA for a score of 530 which you will not have if you change your spouse to accompanying.
hi sarah,

what if I get an invitation in the next draw, how can I invite my spouse here in Canada later on?After getting my PR, can I invite here on work permit? What are my other options?

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
hi sarah,

what if I get an invitation in the next draw, how can I invite my spouse here in Canada later on?After getting my PR, can I invite here on work permit? What are my other options?
I am not very familiar with the what is accessible for a spouse of a permanent resident. I know you could sponsor her to obtain PR But not sure about work permit or other visas.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi sarah,

Do you means with spouse as non accompanying? Once you have PR, you sponsor spouse for PR. Takes about a year. If spouse is in Canada, apply for PR inland. Once spouse has AOR, can apply for a work permit until PR is processed.

Mahansh

Apr 2, 2024
Hi, I have created express entry profile and have entered all my previous work experiences. One of the companies that I worked for is a startup and I only have experience letter to support this experience. Do I need reference letter as per CIC requirements?