+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi Seniors,

one my friends is trying to apply for EE. her work experience is as follows (Same NOC);

Company A: May 2016 - December 2016 (6Months)
Company B: January 2017 - present (6 Months)

when she created her EE profile, she got points for her experience. however, I have read in many threads that you need 1 year work experience in the same company. is it true??

please help
CIC states:

Part time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)
OR
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

If your friend satisfies the above requirement, she/he can apply.

Reactions: Shivanker

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Please note that CIC states that the work should be in the same company and not two different companies.

So if this all the work experience she has, she is not eligible yet.

She has to have minimum 1,560 hours total in a year from the same company to be eligible to apply under Express Entry.

Hope the above clarifies your question.

Reactions: Shivanker

Dexter00

May 19, 2017
I believe, you are good to go. You do not have to re-apply with one year. Just make sure to get the Employer Reference Letters from both of your six month work along with your one year continuous work.

This way, your points will not reduce.
Thanks for the reply!
Yeah I'll be collecting all the letters. And that to i read somewhere, continues work experience for one year and other experiences within last 10year would be considered? I really need to take a decision to go with one year or +2years of experience with a gap. Plz help!!

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Thanks for the reply!
Yeah I'll be collecting all the letters. And that to i read somewhere, continues work experience for one year and other experiences within last 10year would be considered? I really need to take a decision to go with one year or +2years of experience with a gap. Plz help!!

Its totally up to you.

If you already got your ITA with the only your one year continuous work, you can avoid the 2 six months.

If not, i suggest, go for the 2 six months works experience also, as it gains more points for you and thereby better chance for you to get an ITA. The only glitch is you would have to prove your work experiences via Employer Reference Letters from both of your six month works.

Dexter00

May 19, 2017
Its totally up to you.

If you already got your ITA with the only your one year continuous work, you can avoid the 2 six months.

If not, i suggest, go for the 2 six months works experience also, as it gains more points for you and thereby better chance for you to get an ITA. The only glitch is you would have to prove your work experiences via Employer Reference Letters from both of your six month works.
Yes I have reference letters from the previous employers as well as salary slips. Till now i have my profile with 2+years of experience with a gap and didn't get ineligible. So I hope I carry on with the same profile without discarding the previous experiences and the score remains the same as 424.
Thank you

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Seniors,

I just got my PCC. I have lived under two addresses during the past 10 years. however, the PCC only states my current address for the past 10 years.
it reads as follows:

this is to certify that Mr. X , National ID Number: xxx, address: (Current Address), has not come to the adverse notice of the Sri Lanka Police during the period from 01/01/1996 to 28/02/2012, 01/03/2012 to 05/05/2017 according to our records.

(Signed)
Inspector General of Police.

does the PCC have to state all the addresses I lived in my home country?

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Why did th
Hey Seniors,

I just got my PCC. I have lived under two addresses during the past 10 years. however, the PCC only states my current address for the past 10 years.
it reads as follows:

this is to certify that Mr. X , National ID Number: xxx, address: (Current Address), has not come to the adverse notice of the Sri Lanka Police during the period from 01/01/1996 to 28/02/2012, 01/03/2012 to 05/05/2017 according to our records.

(Signed)
Inspector General of Police.

does the PCC have to state all the addresses I lived in my home country?
Why do they have two periods!!!

In my country.... they do not mention ur history of changing addresses at all!!

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b
Why did th

Why do they have two periods!!!

In my country.... they do not mention ur history of changing addresses at all!!
because the first period was my first address. but they haven't mentioned that in the PCC.

should I mention bot the addresses in my profile or just the current one. I'm really confused now

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Guys,

If I'm currently residing in Canada and got ITA. Can I travel to my home country for a month to get a police certificate and then go back to canada?...

I have heared about rejection of PCC due to issue before departure from country??
Is that related to my case

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017
No, you can not. It must have been issue after the day you last left the country. In your case after 10 November 2016.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

regards
If I'm currently residing in Canada and got ITA. Can I travel to my home country for one month to get a police certificate and then go back to canada?...

I have also heared about rejection of PCC due to issue before departure from country??
Is that related to this case (even for 1 month)

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
Please note that CIC states that the work should be in the same company and not two different companies.

So if this all the work experience she has, she is not eligible yet.

She has to have minimum 1,560 hours total in a year from the same company to be eligible to apply under Express Entry.

Hope the above clarifies your question.
This is wrong. CIC does not state that it needs to be from the same company anywhere.

kiki123

Nov 27, 2016
Hi Guys,

I got my AOR May23. I'm just wondering what the next step is and how long will it take them to let me know if my application is complete and i'm eligible? i qualified for CEC and Federal Skill worker as well through express entry. Thank you.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hi Guys,

I got my AOR May23. I'm just wondering what the next step is and how long will it take them to let me know if my application is complete and i'm eligible? i qualified for CEC and Federal Skill worker as well through express entry. Thank you.
I got my AOR on April 22nd and still there is no change in my EE profile for any update whatsoever! From what I have heard...we can expect anything between 1-3 months.