+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Hamar

May 1, 2017
Dear all,

I've a question regarding police certificate. I've got ITA.
I've been in Canada for several years. I've been travelling to my home country, 3 Oct 2016 to 10 Nov 2016, which is more than six month from now. I've been back to Canada on 10 Nov 2016.
I got my place certificate from home country during that travel, issued on 8 Oct 2016.

Can I submit my application using this police certificate?

Thank you in advance,

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

For FSW/CEC, Work Ex for full time job is 30Hr/Week in a year is eligible requirement. I worked in Canada for 41 weeks and 44Hr/Week (around 1860Hr). Will it be acceptable. I was on a vacation 2 times in a year for around 4 weeks and 5 weeks respectively. Will this create a problem or not ? Pls help
Hi,
They dont count the hours, they look at the dates. If they don't show at least 1 year your application will likely be rejected.

"Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/definitions.asp?letterNum=6

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear all,

I've a question regarding police certificate. I've got ITA.
I've been in Canada for several years. I've been travelling to my home country, 3 Oct 2016 to 10 Nov 2016, which is more than six month from now. I've been back to Canada on 10 Nov 2016.
I got my place certificate from home country during that travel, issued on 8 Oct 2016.

Can I submit my application using this police certificate?

Thank you in advance,
No, you can not. It must have been issue after the day you last left the country. In your case after 10 November 2016.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

regards

Reactions: Hamar

Hamar

May 1, 2017

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
No, it doesn't. The term lived here is confusing I agree, it should be substituted with SET FOOT. To understand this you must understand the purpose of PCC:

"Purpose
To determine if the applicant or their family members have a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada"

The PCC is taken after you leave the country in an attempt to ensure that you are completely cleared of any criminal activity on the date of PCC. If this was not the case there would be a greater possibility of one committing crimes after getting PCC.

Reactions: Hamar

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,
I have gone through your step by step detailed information regarding the Express Entry application. I have certain questions regarding this.
1. I am a postdoctoral research fellow working at York university (full-time) with one year contract. So can I apply for express entry ?
2. For this job I have NOC as well as LMIA done. So will this help?
3. I already have my IELTS score. However I have not done the Educational credential Assessment yet. So can I apply for the EE PR and do the assessment later while I wait for the invitation?
Please reply so that I can do everything on time.
Thanking you
Sagnik
Hi,

1) I am not 100% sure about your particular case, but I believe you need to have at least 1 year of full-time work experience to qualify.
2) Yes it will help as you get extra points for the Job/LMIA.
3) No, you need both the IELTS and ECA to create an EE profile.

Regards

Hamar

May 1, 2017
No, it doesn't. The term lived here is confusing I agree, it should be substituted with SET FOOT. To understand this you must understand the purpose of PCC:

"Purpose
To determine if the applicant or their family members have a criminal record or poses a security risk to Canada"

The PCC is taken after you leave the country in an attempt to ensure that you are completely cleared of any criminal activity on the date of PCC. If this was not the case there would be a greater possibility of one committing crimes after getting PCC.

I agree with your point. But look the case someone not residing in Canada and submitting his/her PC from home country. It is okay to have PC issued not more than 6 month ago. Let's say 5 month. They could have committed to crime during that 5 months as well, but still their PC is valid.

Hamar

May 1, 2017
Dear all,

I've a question about certified copy for translated documents.
I've got my non-English documents translated by an ATIO, who has attached a copy of original non-English document to his translation, and stamped them. The stamp is his name and ATIO information.

My question is that, do I still need to certify the copies of original document?

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I agree with your point. But look the case someone not in Canada ad submitting his/her PC from home country. It is okay to have PC issued not more than 6 month ago. Let's say 5 month. They could have committed to crime during that 5 months as well. Am I right?
Yes, you are, that is why I say "attempt". It is an effort to minimize risk.
The decision is yours. However, I would advise you to read a thread called reasons for rejection before you proceed.

All the best

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi,
They dont count the hours, they look at the dates. If they don't show at least 1 year your application will likely be rejected.

"Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/definitions.asp?letterNum=6

regards
Hi Tanak,

I already got an ITA and I worked for 1 years and 2 months inc experience when I was on implied status. and I am in FSW category.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited

Hamar

May 1, 2017
Yes, you are, that is why I say "attempt". It is an effort to minimize risk.
The decision is yours. However, I would advise you to read a thread called reasons for rejection before you proceed.

All the best
Thanks.
I'm planning to request a new PC, and submit current PC with proof of application for new one.

Regards.

Dexter00

May 19, 2017
Hi, I have two six month work experience before my master degree and one-year continuous work experience in the same NOC, so would they consider it as two years experience?
I am at 424 with this experience as two years, how much i will go down if i re-apply with one year ?

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi, I have two six month work experience before my master degree and one-year continuous work experience in the same NOC, so would they consider it as two years experience?
I am at 424 with this experience as two years, how much i will go down if i re-apply with one year ?
I believe, you are good to go. You do not have to re-apply with one year. Just make sure to get the Employer Reference Letters from both of your six month work along with your one year continuous work.

This way, your points will not reduce.

Reactions: Dexter00

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

one my friends is trying to apply for EE. her work experience is as follows (Same NOC);

Company A: May 2016 - December 2016 (6Months)
Company B: January 2017 - present (6 Months)

when she created her EE profile, she got points for her experience. however, I have read in many threads that you need 1 year work experience in the same company. is it true??

please help