+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

ND1129

Aug 1, 2016
Hey, thanks for your prompt reply. However, there is one answer of yours that I am not convinced about.

If you apply as a married applicant, with spouse not accompanying you, you will receive points as a single applicant (although your spouse will still have to complete a medical exam). In order for your spouse to come to Canada then, either he would have to apply for EE separately, or you would need to sponsor him. Sponsorship is apparently very complicated, and takes 18+ months.

Are you 100% sure of this? It is only about coming there probably 2-3 months later than I go, he cant? I have to apply again for his sponsorship? Why so? Its just about landing at different times.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Istari,

Thanks for your response. I have a counter-question to your answer.

Can my wife and I apply separately? Like create two individual profiles and pursue the PR process? This way both will have 450-460 points in CRS and move closer to an ITA, however, is this legally allowed?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ND1129 said:
Hey, thanks for your prompt reply. However, there is one answer of yours that I am not convinced about.

If you apply as a married applicant, with spouse not accompanying you, you will receive points as a single applicant (although your spouse will still have to complete a medical exam). In order for your spouse to come to Canada then, either he would have to apply for EE separately, or you would need to sponsor him. Sponsorship is apparently very complicated, and takes 18+ months.

Are you 100% sure of this? It is only about coming there probably 2-3 months later than I go, he cant? I have to apply again for his sponsorship? Why so? Its just about landing at different times.
You're not understanding me correctly. Read my entire answer to that question:
"If you apply as a couple, you will have a few months after you receive PR before your spouse has to land. (1 year from the time your medical exams are done, which usually equates to 6+ months after you receive PR.)
If you apply as a married applicant, with spouse not accompanying you, you will receive points as a single applicant (although your spouse will still have to complete a medical exam). In order for your spouse to come to Canada then, either he would have to apply for EE separately, or you would need to sponsor him. Sponsorship is apparently very complicated, and takes 18+ months."

I have given you 2 options here:

1) Apply as a married couple. You can land in Canada first, alone. As long as your husband lands in Canada within the allowed time (within 1 year of when the medical exam was done), then everything is fine.
"If you apply as a couple, you will have a few months after you receive PR before your spouse has to land. (1 year from the time your medical exams are done, which usually equates to 6+ months after you receive PR.)"

2) Apply as a married person whose spouse is not accompanying them.
"If you apply as a married applicant, with spouse not accompanying you, you will receive points as a single applicant (although your spouse will still have to complete a medical exam). In order for your spouse to come to Canada then, either he would have to apply for EE separately, or you would need to sponsor him. Sponsorship is apparently very complicated, and takes 18+ months."

The part of my post that you quoted applies to option 2. What you want to do is option 1.

So apply as a married person. Your points will be assessed as a married person. And your husband will also have PR as long as he lands in Canada in time.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashjuni said:
Hi Istari,

Thanks for your response. I have a counter-question to your answer.

Can my wife and I apply separately? Like create two individual profiles and pursue the PR process? This way both will have 450-460 points in CRS and move closer to an ITA, however, is this legally allowed?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks
I'm sure it's legal.

ND1129

Aug 1, 2016
istari said:
You're not understanding me correctly. Read my entire answer to that question:
"If you apply as a couple, you will have a few months after you receive PR before your spouse has to land. (1 year from the time your medical exams are done, which usually equates to 6+ months after you receive PR.)
If you apply as a married applicant, with spouse not accompanying you, you will receive points as a single applicant (although your spouse will still have to complete a medical exam). In order for your spouse to come to Canada then, either he would have to apply for EE separately, or you would need to sponsor him. Sponsorship is apparently very complicated, and takes 18+ months."

I have given you 2 options here:

1) Apply as a married couple. You can land in Canada first, alone. As long as your husband lands in Canada within the allowed time (within 1 year of when the medical exam was done), then everything is fine.
"If you apply as a couple, you will have a few months after you receive PR before your spouse has to land. (1 year from the time your medical exams are done, which usually equates to 6+ months after you receive PR.)"

"If you apply as a married applicant, with spouse not accompanying you, you will receive points as a single applicant (although your spouse will still have to complete a medical exam). In order for your spouse to come to Canada then, either he would have to apply for EE separately, or you would need to sponsor him. Sponsorship is apparently very complicated, and takes 18+ months."

The part of my post that you quoted applies to option 2. What you want to do is option 1.

So apply as a married person. Your points will be assessed as a married person. And your husband will also have PR as long as he lands in Canada in time.
Ok. I got it now. Thanks.

One more question:-
Can also apply as a "common law partner" whose partner is not accompanying right?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ND1129 said:
Ok. I got it now. Thanks.

One more question:-
Can also apply as a "common law partner" whose partner is not accompanying right?
Yes. But you mentioned that you're in a long-distance relationship. To qualify as a common-law relationship, you have to be able to prove that you and your partner have been living together for at least 1 year.

ND1129

Aug 1, 2016
istari said:
Yes. But you mentioned that you're in a long-distance relationship. To qualify as a common-law relationship, you have to be able to prove that you and your partner have been living together for at least 1 year.
Yes I am in long distance relationship, but just in case I can prove that we have been living in together since a year, I will have to add him as my common law partner right away in my EE profile, but the problem is that I have already applied for SINP and in that I have shown my status as single!!! Am in a mess :(

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the responses to my queries till now. As expected, i have one more question.

My work experience goes like this. The experience is split across 4 jobs.
Job 1. 30 months in NOC 2174. Designation: Systems Engineer
Job 2. 6 months in NOC 2174. Designation: Senior Systems Engineer
Job 3. 8 months in NOC 2171. Designation: Business Analyst
Job 4. 19 months in NOC 2171/0213 Designation: Business Analyst & Project Manager (If need be, I can show full 19 months for 2171 or full 19 months for 0213)

I am very confused on following points.

> What NOC category do I consider myself experienced in as per Express entry requirements?

Note: I am proficient only in 2171/0213 since Job 1 and Job 2 were before my MBA whereas Job 3 and Job 4 are after MBA

> Will Job 2 and Job 3 be considered at all in the count of number of months of experience?

> In CRS tool, how many years of experience should I input? Does it matter if we have experience in different NOC codes/categories?

Awaiting your response guys. Thanks a ton in advance.

Cheers !

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kashjuni said:
Hi Guys,

Thank you all for the responses to my queries till now. As expected, i have one more question.

My work experience goes like this. The experience is split across 4 jobs.
Job 1. 30 months in NOC 2174. Designation: Systems Engineer
Job 2. 6 months in NOC 2174. Designation: Senior Systems Engineer
Job 3. 8 months in NOC 2171. Designation: Business Analyst
Job 4. 19 months in NOC 2171/0213 Designation: Business Analyst & Project Manager (If need be, I can show full 19 months for 2171 or full 19 months for 0213)

I am very confused on following points.

> What NOC category do I consider myself experienced in as per Express entry requirements?

Note: I am proficient only in 2171/0213 since Job 1 and Job 2 were before my MBA whereas Job 3 and Job 4 are after MBA

It doesn't matter which NOC you choose as your primary. Your work experience doesn't necessarily have to be in the same field as your education. So you can choose either 2171/0213 or 2174.

> Will Job 2 and Job 3 be considered at all in the count of number of months of experience?
Yes. Only 1 year of your work experience needs to be continuous. The rest can include shorter periods.

> In CRS tool, how many years of experience should I input? Does it matter if we have experience in different NOC codes/categories?
You need to have minimum 1 year experience in 1 single NOC (which you have). All your other work experience can be in numerous NOCs and still count towards your total work experience.
So you have 5+ years of experience that can all be counted for CRS. So you can put 3+ years of experience (or 5+ if this work experience was in Canada).

Awaiting your response guys. Thanks a ton in advance.

Cheers !
You need to have minimum 1 year experience in 1 single NOC (which you have). All your other work experience can be in numerous NOCs and still count towards your total work experience.
So you have 5+ years of experience that can all be counted for CRS. So you can put 3+ years of experience (or 5+ if this work experience was in Canada).

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ND1129 said:
Yes I am in long distance relationship, but just in case I can prove that we have been living in together since a year, I will have to add him as my common law partner right away in my EE profile, but the problem is that I have already applied for SINP and in that I have shown my status as single!!! Am in a mess :(
I'm not sure how you think you're going to prove that you've been living together if you're long distance. Did you live together before you became long distance ?

Having applied for SINP as a single person isn't a problem. Just let them know as soon as your status changes.

Radhaa

Jun 29, 2016
I got IETLS score of L7.5,R6,W6.5,S 6.5 and completed MS in software engineering as part time and BSc computer science full time. My NOC code is 2171 and I am 6.8 years experienced. I am yet to receive ECA report. Will I get a job in Canada? Is there a chance for PR?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Radhaa said:
I got IETLS score of L7.5,R6,W6.5,S 6.5 and completed MS in software engineering as part time and BSc computer science full time. My NOC code is 2171 and I am 6.8 years experienced. I am yet to receive ECA report. Will I get a job in Canada? Is there a chance for PR?
You will not get a job in Canada while you are overseas. Once you have PR, who knows. If you're worried about employment opportunities in Canada, trying going on job search websites and searching for jobs in your field. This should give you some idea of how many jobs are available.

For your chances at PR, check your eligibility here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp
(or here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp)

Then calculate your CRS here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
(or here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp)

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
Thanks Istari. I am taking your words as final assuming you have researched much more than I have :D.

Have a good day !

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had applied for SINP (December Express entry 2015) in Noc 2174 but at that time my funds were not 3 months older. So it was rejected. Since I have maintained those funds now and SINP Express entry is opened again but at this time that same NOC 2174 is not there. Instead of that NOC 2171 is there. I have applied under this in July intake and I have got my file number as well .

In my both, Express Entry profile & Canada job Bank account profiles I have filled NOC 2174 in my Information. Now I want to know that is there any need to change my information over these profiles as well before getting Nomination

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
Hi guys,

Need you help!!!! My EE profile in "MY CIC" is going to expire on 12th August,2016!!!!! I have already received AOR from OINP on 11th March, but nomination is pending.

What am I suppose to do??
1. Create new account and enter same details?
2. How should I inform OINP and what details should I provide?
3. If new EE number and Job Code is to be shared with OINP, do I have to provide "Change in Personal Information" form by Fedexl?Huh? OR
an email would suffice?