+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Venkat1901

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
canadafsw2015 said:
Posting this on a friend's behalf -

He is planning to apply for EE. He is the principal applicant. Does he also need to get his wife's Educational Credential Assessment (WES) done? Is it mandatory?

if not mandatory, would doing that, add points for him?

If he required additional points from spouse's education and IELTS he need to apply for it else not required.

Cheers!
If he required additional points from spouse's education and IELTS he need to apply for it.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
canadafsw2015 said:
Posting this on a friend's behalf -

He is planning to apply for EE. He is the principal applicant. Does he also need to get his wife's Educational Credential Assessment (WES) done? Is it mandatory?

if not mandatory, would doing that, add points for him?

Cheers!
ECA and IELTS for dependent is optional. If your friend wants to claim points to increase his CRS score, then he can get ECA and IELTS done for his spouse. The maximum points that he can claim for spouse is 10 points for ECA and 20 points for IELTS.

Venkat1901

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Hello Experts,

As per my WES report my 2 certificates are consider as Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years) and Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one semester), Can we consider as two or more diploma,degree or certificate for points under education section.

Thanks,
VJ.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Venkat1901 said:
Hello Experts,

As per my WES report my 2 certificates are consider as Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years) and Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one semester), Can we consider as two or more diploma,degree or certificate for points under education section.

Thanks,
VJ.
As far as I know, it does not qualify for 'two or more degrees...' option. It would be Bachelors in your case.

ycharan

Jul 29, 2016
Hi,

I got the required ECA and IELTS score and ready to create Express Entry profile.

I have a job offer with LMIA. So what is the process while creating EE profile.
You said in the post as 'You need to register with Canada’s “Job Bank” for CIC to deem your application as complete.'
but people who have offer with LMIA are exempted.

So whats the next step for me now. Same process or different.

Regards,
Charan.

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
Hi,

We just received our CRS scores. Myself with 391 points and my wife with 447 points.

Initially, we had planned to make myself as the principal applicant, but now since she has better points, guess, it will make life easier if she is the principal applicant.

I am aware that we have one year time to make the landing and to start living in Canada once we get the PR stamped on passport (correct me if i am wrong).

We had planned initially once we get PR, i would go straightaway and start living in Canada and my wife could take her 1 year grace period and join me later.

My question is this, since she is the principal applicant and me being the dependent .. can i still go ahead with my plan of me going first (although i am the dependent) and start living in Canada and my wife could take her 1 year grace period and join me later.

but please be noted, we both will go for the initial landing .. its just that .. she would return (only to come back after the allotted grace period of 1 year) and i would still be in Canada.

that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Kindly give your inputs.

thanks for your time.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whimsical said:
Hi,

We just received our CRS scores. Myself with 391 points and my wife with 447 points.

Initially, we had planned to make myself as the principal applicant, but now since she has better points, guess, it will make life easier if she is the principal applicant.

I am aware that we have one year time to make the landing and to start living in Canada once we get the PR stamped on passport (correct me if i am wrong).

We had planned initially once we get PR, i would go straightaway and start living in Canada and my wife could take her 1 year grace period and join me later.

My question is this, since she is the principal applicant and me being the dependent .. can i still go ahead with my plan of me going first (although i am the dependent) and start living in Canada and my wife could take her 1 year grace period and join me later.

but please be noted, we both will go for the initial landing .. its just that .. she would return (only to come back after the allotted grace period of 1 year) and i would still be in Canada.

that shouldn't be a problem, right?

Kindly give your inputs.

thanks for your time.
You have to land within 1 year of when your medical exam was done. So by the time your application is processed, you will have less than 1 year between getting your PR stamp and the expiration of your medicals. I think the average is about 8 months, although I have seen someone on the forum who only had 5 months.

If you and your wife do the landing together within that initial period (the 8 or so months), it is fine for her to then return home.
After your wife has done the initial landing and returned home, she does not have to return to Canada within those 8 months. You must spend at least 2 years in Canada within the 5 year period to retain your PR. So after landing, your wife could remain in your home country for 3 years before returning to Canada if she wanted, and still retain PR.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ycharan said:
Hi,

I got the required ECA and IELTS score and ready to create Express Entry profile.

I have a job offer with LMIA. So what is the process while creating EE profile.
You said in the post as 'You need to register with Canada’s “Job Bank” for CIC to deem your application as complete.'
but people who have offer with LMIA are exempted.

So whats the next step for me now. Same process or different.

Regards,
Charan.
You can go ahead and create your Express Entry profile. Since you have an LMIA backed job offer, you do not need to create a Job Bank. Be sure to answer "Yes" to the question "Does [your name] have a job offer in Canada?" This is found under the Work Experience form of your Express Entry profile.

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
My NOC is 1111 (Accountant) and wife's is 1122. My CRS score is 391 points and my wife is 447 points.

But somehow, based on the research i did .. i reckon i have a better chance of being nominated to a province (even though i m aware, most of them are closed, but aren't they likely to re-open in the future?) because of my profession.

Me being an accountant and she being a portfolio analyst with a bank.

Do you think its wise for me to be the principal applicant (based on my profession)?

OR

Do you think its wise for my wife to be the principal applicant (based on her better CRS scores)?

I am in a huge dilemma :-[ :-[ .. Don't want to regret my decision on choosing whom to be the principal applicant later on either case.

Please help me choose.

Thank you.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whimsical said:
My NOC is 1111 (Accountant) and wife's is 1122. My CRS score is 391 points and my wife is 447 points.

But somehow, based on the research i did .. i reckon i have a better chance of being nominated to a province (even though i m aware, most of them are closed, but aren't they likely to re-open in the future?) because of my profession.

Me being an accountant and she being a portfolio analyst with a bank.

Do you think its wise for me to be the principal applicant (based on my profession)?

OR

Do you think its wise for my wife to be the principal applicant (based on her better CRS scores)?

I am in a huge dilemma :-[ :-[ .. Don't want to regret my decision on choosing whom to be the principal applicant later on either case.

Please help me choose.

Thank you.
It really depends which province you want to get PN from.

With a score of 391, you're not eligible for PN from Ontario; your wife is.

Regardless of your profession, it is incredibly unlikely that either of you will get a job offer before you get PR, so you can rule out any provinces that require you to have a job (British Columbia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, and Yukon).

Neither NOC 1111 or 1122 is on the in-demand list for Saskatchewan, so neither of you qualifies for that.

NOC 1111 is on the in-demand list for Nova Scotia. NOC 1122 is not.

PEI, New Brunswick and Manitoba don't take your occupation into account.

So if you want to move to Nova Scotia, you should be the PA. If you want to move to Ontario, your wife is the only option.
If you want to go anywhere else, it doesn't make a difference, as long as you meet that province's eligibility requirements.

Or you can could just create 2 profiles.

whimsical

Jul 21, 2016
istari said:
It really depends which province you want to get PN from.

With a score of 391, you're not eligible for PN from Ontario; your wife is.

Regardless of your profession, it is incredibly unlikely that either of you will get a job offer before you get PR, so you can rule out any provinces that require you to have a job (British Columbia, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, and Yukon).

Neither NOC 1111 or 1122 is on the in-demand list for Saskatchewan, so neither of you qualifies for that.

NOC 1111 is on the in-demand list for Nova Scotia. NOC 1122 is not.

PEI, New Brunswick and Manitoba don't take your occupation into account.

So if you want to move to Nova Scotia, you should be the PA. If you want to move to Ontario, your wife is the only option.
If you want to go anywhere else, it doesn't make a difference, as long as you meet that province's eligibility requirements.

Or you can could just create 2 profiles.

Thanks a bunch for the prompt reply.

creating 2 profiles is very good suggestion.

I am yet to create an EE profile for real .. so just wondering on the financial implication.

which part of the process of EE will the money come in??

Venkat1901

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Experts,

I am in the process to applying my EE profile. as per CRS tool i am getting the score as 391 points (including my wife's education and IELTS score) where as my wife is getting score of 435 points (including my education and IELTS score).

As my wife has work experience of 4 years as Business Analyst (NOC Code:- 2171) and did MBA (India) and Coming to me, my work experience is 10+ as Database administrator (NOC Code 2172).

If i make my wife as primary applicant the work experience which she can be consider.

Can you please advise if we need to hire immigration agent or representative, As some people said if we hire them processing will bit fast. is that true.

Thanks,
VJ.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Venkat1901 said:
Experts,

I am in the process to applying my EE profile. as per CRS tool i am getting the score as 391 points (including my wife's education and IELTS score) where as my wife is getting score of 435 points (including my education and IELTS score).

As my wife has work experience of 4 years as Business Analyst (NOC Code:- 2171) and did MBA (India) and Coming to me, my work experience is 10+ as Database administrator (NOC Code 2172).

If i make my wife as primary applicant the work experience which she can be consider.

Can you please advise if we need to hire immigration agent or representative, As some people said if we hire them processing will bit fast. is that true.

Thanks,
VJ.
Hiring an immigration agent does not speed up the process. It also does not increase your chances of success.

Your wife is definitely the better choice for PA.