+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Jul 20, 2016
Thank you very much for great explanation, I found almost the answer to all my question in your post. I just wonder one question:
I am have 6 years managerial experience in my home country and it is almost two year and half that I am in Canada as international student and while studying I am working as research assistant and teaching assistant. I checked the NOC and RA /TA are categorized as level A, the question is that my experience in canada as RA and TA is not same as my experinece in my home country as manager, is this a problem???or still I am eligible to apply"?! By the way is it correct that the RA or Ta during studying does not count as job exprience in skill worker stream of express entry??

Thank you for kind help
Maria

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MariaYousefian said:
Thank you very much for great explanation, I found almost the answer to all my question in your post. I just wonder one question:
I am have 6 years managerial experience in my home country and it is almost two year and half that I am in Canada as international student and while studying I am working as research assistant and teaching assistant. I checked the NOC and RA /TA are categorized as level A, the question is that my experience in canada as RA and TA is not same as my experinece in my home country as manager, is this a problem???or still I am eligible to apply"?! By the way is it correct that the RA or Ta during studying does not count as job exprience in skill worker stream of express entry??

Thank you for kind help
Maria
Your work experience can be in many different NOCs, as long as you have at least 1 year of full-time experience.

Work done while studying full-time in Canada does not count as work experience. If you were only studying part-time, it's fine.

If you still score at least 67 in the eligibility requirements, then you are eligible to apply.

rkhan15

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Thank you Rajkamalmohanraj for the brief and to the point overview of the complete and lengthy process.

1. Can you confirm if this statement of yours is still valid "Please note that you and your dependents MUST land in Canada before your (and their) medical test expires (The validity of the medical test is 1 year from the date of the test) OR before your current passport expires, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST."
The reason I ask is because I had recently spoken to an immigration attorney in Canada and they said that you have until 6 months from the date your passport gets maple leaf visa and COPR in the mail, to land in Canada. If you don't land within this time period than you lose you COPR.

2. My previous title was "Systems Analyst" and current title is "Systems Support Engineer", what should be my NOC as I am not able to find a close enough match to my title/description in the NOC list -- understandably, I don't want to make any selection that may later be considered misleading and harms my application.

Thanks again.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkhan15 said:
Thank you Rajkamalmohanraj for the brief and to the point overview of the complete and lengthy process.

1. Can you confirm if this statement of yours is still valid "Please note that you and your dependents MUST land in Canada before your (and their) medical test expires (The validity of the medical test is 1 year from the date of the test) OR before your current passport expires, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST."
The reason I ask is because I had recently spoken to an immigration attorney in Canada and they said that you have until 6 months from the date your passport gets maple leaf visa and COPR in the mail, to land in Canada. If you don't land within this time period than you lose you COPR.
When you get your visa, it will have an expiry date on it.
But I'm fairly certain it's 1 year from the date of your medicals.

2. My previous title was "Systems Analyst" and current title is "Systems Support Engineer", what should be my NOC as I am not able to find a close enough match to my title/description in the NOC list -- understandably, I don't want to make any selection that may later be considered misleading and harms my application.
Make a list of the main duties and email it to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca

Thanks again.

adnaniqbal

Jul 21, 2016
Question 1.

I have completed Express Entry Profile and not submitted yet, also i registered with Job Bank but it requires Express Entry Profile Number to continue registration. Where can i get Express Entry Profile Number?

Question2:

How long it takes to receive invitation after submitting express entry profile?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adnaniqbal said:
Question 1.

I have completed Express Entry Profile and not submitted yet, also i registered with Job Bank but it requires Express Entry Profile Number to continue registration. Where can i get Express Entry Profile Number?

Question2:

How long it takes to receive invitation after submitting express entry profile?
1) You must submit your EE profile first. After that, you'll get a new message in your myCIC account. This will contain a PDF (you will find your EE number inside).

2) Depends on your CRS. If your CRS is 480 or higher, then there is a good chance that you will get it in the very next draw.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rkhan15 said:

Thanks again.
1) I am not sure why the officer said that but I don't think that is correct. It is one year from the date of the meds. If your PP is expiring in the near future, get it renewed and then send your PP for stamping. When your PP expires, I guess your visa expires too. Not sure if you can get this transferred to a new PP before landing.

2) Your NOC depends upon your roles and responsibilities and not upon your designation. You can send your roles and responsibilities (along with your designation) to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca to know the most appropriate NOC. Also, please make sure that if you are changing something, you must still have 12 months of work experience in the past 10 years to be eligible.

Raina27

Jul 20, 2016
istari said:
Have you read the thread "SUMMARY OF ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL EXPRESS ENTRY PNP STREAMS" ?
It seems the obvious place for you to start.
i m little confused about the following;

You will have a better chance of being invited to apply if you:

are nominated by a province or territory, or
have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada

How the two things are different????
Also I wanted to ask that I hv an EE profile in that case I m also registered with the job bank so what is its purpose then?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raina27 said:
i m little confused about the following;

You will have a better chance of being invited to apply if you:

are nominated by a province or territory, or
have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada

How the two things are different????
Also I wanted to ask that I hv an EE profile in that case I m also registered with the job bank so what is its purpose then?
A job offer means that an employer in Canada has agreed to hire you, and has had an LMIA done for you.
Provincial nomination means that you have applied to a Province's PNP programme, and have agreed that you will live and work in that province. Some PNPs require you to have a job offer, some do not. If you have an LMIA supported job offer, getting PNP will not increase your chance of getting ITA, as you will already have the additional 600 points.

In the future, Job Bank will be used to help applicants apply for jobs in Canada. But at the moment, the service isn't really functional, so it's just a formality you have to go through to apply for EE, not something useful.

Raina27

Jul 20, 2016
istari said:
A job offer means that an employer in Canada has agreed to hire you, and has had an LMIA done for you.
Provincial nomination means that you have applied to a Province's PNP programme, and have agreed that you will live and work in that province. Some PNPs require you to have a job offer, some do not. If you have an LMIA supported job offer, getting PNP will not increase your chance of getting ITA, as you will already have the additional 600 points.

In the future, Job Bank will be used to help applicants apply for jobs in Canada. But at the moment, the service isn't really functional, so it's just a formality you have to go through to apply for EE, not something useful.
Thank u so much this was really helpful

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
dhruvmehtani said:
Hey guys,

I have a CRS score of 459. What do you think about my chances of getting an invite soon?
In the past the score for direct ITA has come down till 450, but no one knows what the future unfolds. It is speculated that it could come down. While waiting for direct ITA if you get a PNP invite, my personal suggestion would to be go forward with the PNP as while waiting you will lose points for age as well.

jaybe

Jun 22, 2016
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16 June 2016
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
06 June 2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
14th Dec
VISA ISSUED...
04 jan 2017
LANDED..........
10 jan 2017
Dear PR Geeks please advise!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-help-needed-wp-expires-soon-t439387.0.html;msg5339878#msg5339878

Thanks,
JB

Iykeshaddy

Jul 24, 2016
Hi Everyone, My name is Iyke, applying for Canada Visa via Express Entery from Nigeria.

I have created MyCIC account and have equally submitted my expression of interest. I was given an overal CRS score of 386. Thereafter I got a message that I need to register for a job bank. I tried registering for a Job bank from here but absence of post/zip code won't let me continue. I tried couple of ways to no avail but after 30 days have gone by, my application was tagged "inelligible". Pls what do I do to continue?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iykeshaddy said:
Hi Everyone, My name is Iyke, applying for Canada Visa via Express Entery from Nigeria.

I have created MyCIC account and have equally submitted my expression of interest. I was given an overal CRS score of 386. Thereafter I got a message that I need to register for a job bank. I tried registering for a Job bank from here but absence of post/zip code won't let me continue. I tried couple of ways to no avail but after 30 days have gone by, my application was tagged "inelligible". Pls what do I do to continue?
As your EE profile has become ineligible, you will need to create a new one.
You must have an active Job Bank profile for your EE profile to remain eligible. I suggest you contact Job Bank, let them know of the problem, and ask them what you should do. http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/feedback.do?type=js&sjt=11