+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

msalahkar

Feb 23, 2016
Dear All,

Need a sincere opinion.

1. With spouse as non-accompanying, my score is 471
2. With spouse as accompanying it reduces to 449 (there are chances that i receive PT nomination with 449, but currently they are on halt as well)

I have twin daughters who are just 1 year old. I am quite concerned about taking them with me at this stage since my wife wont be able to work and it would difficult to handle both alone in a new country. So I am thinking of applying PR for myself only, because it is giving me benefit in points as well. Later after reaching there, lets say after 6 months, apply for my spouse and children. Through online resources, it seems that Family sponsorship takes a very long process. How true is that? Is it practical to do what i m thinking of?

Secondly if family sponsorship takes long time (CIC website says 28 months), is there any other way through which my family stays with me while their PR is in process??

Thanks all

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
faraz2512 said:
Thanks for the reply Stanlee..

My WES report evaluation says Postgraduate Diploma.. I will apply for my Bachelor's also to get evaluated..

I have got 1 more question though.. My wife is 5 months Pregnant and she is due in October..I have added only 1 dependent as of now.. should I change it to 2? OR keep it 1 itself..
For now you can keep it at 1 dependent.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
anwar01 said:
Thanks for your reply Stanlee, I am confused on one more point, On WES instructions page for documents required for evaluation they have mentioned following documents.

1- HSC certificate & Marksheet attested by board
2- Degree & Marksheet attested by HEC

Please let me know this HSC certificate & marksheet is for 11-12 (intermediate) only or we have to send 9-10th (Metric) certificate & mark sheet also?
WES guidelines varies across countries and institutions. Have you checked this link for the list of documents that needs to be sent http://www.wes.org/ca/required/index.asp?lctryid=121. Also, once you create your account, WES would generate a unique reference number along with the list of documents that needs to be sent for assessment.

I may not be in position to comment on the specific documents. This topic has been discussed in detail on this forum, may be you can look up those threads.

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi,
I sent my WES on 7 march 2016.. how much maximum time it will take to get my ECA report. so after that I can able to start my EE profile.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ramansingh05 said:
Hi,
I sent my WES on 7 march 2016.. how much maximum time it will take to get my ECA report. so after that I can able to start my EE profile.
WES generally takes 20 business days after they receive the educational documents. What is the status of your documents on WES?

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi Stanlee,

Actually I did through consultant so they sent it on 7th may.. also waiting for my ECa report so that I can be able to enter into EE pool..
also FYI now I am getting 418 pts.. so what you think stanlee would I be able to get ITA in another 2-3 months if I'll enter EE in May end.. or any other way out like PNP etc..

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Hi stanlee / raj,

WES related:

I wanted to add my spouse's master's degree to WES account (Earlier we weren't getting it credited because the university isn't listed, but since we've already paid for the Bachelors, we're keen on sending the docs).

How can I add/modify the order?

WES website:
How do I add another credential?
For completed evaluations: There are several upgrading options. You may:

Add a completed degree
Add new courses
Add a new credential
Upgrade your document-by-document evaluation to a course-by-course evaluation
To upgrade a completed evaluation, visit My Account.

Must I wait for bachelors to be evaluated or shall i send the masters documentation irrespective?
Please advice

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
I have gone through so many threads but I haven't found my answer yet. Can someone answer this:

Does CIC choose the number of applicants first and then the cutoff or the cutoff and consequently the applicants?

canadaiamcoming

Star Member
May 9, 2016
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received ITA but has few queries:
Background:
1. Received ITA
2. Has sibling in Canada.

Need guidance for following queries after ITA. Following are some confusions regarding EE customized checklist.

Checklist for PA:
1. Proof of Relationship (Required) - Birth Certificate & Indian PP of sibling in Canada to prove relationship. My sibling has birth certificate but I do not have birth certificate.
2. Passports / Travel Documents (Multiple) (Required) – Have 2 cancelled passports & 1 recent passport – Have to upload all pages of all passport or all pages of recent passport only. Had 3 weeks foreign travel in cancelled passport, do need to provide entry & exit pages of the said Passport.
3. Police Certificate (multiple) (required) – Stayed at only 1 address since birth however required multiple PCC
4. Digital Photo: 50 x 70 or 35 x 45
5. Family member proof of status (required) – citizenship certificate and other proof of residence of sibling in Canada

Checklist for Spouse:
1. Legal name change doc. (required) – Name changed after marriage – We do not have any legal documents for change name as it is changed as per Indian custom.
2. Passports / Travel Documents (Multiple) (Required) – Have 1 cancelled passport (Maiden Name) and a recent passport with spouse name and surname - Have to provide all pages of all passport or all pages of recent passport only. Had 3 weeks foreign travel in cancelled passport, do need to provide entry –exit pages of the said Passport.
3. Employment records – for occupation declared (required) – Foreign experience - No points in CRS. – has to be in line with IRCC requirement or just reference letter will suffice. We cannot provide reference letter as per IRCC requirement. No points in CRS.
4. Education (Diploma / Degrees) (required) – ECA not available – No points in CRS. - can submit only transcripts & certificates.
5. Police Certificate (multiple) (required) – will get from Passport Office. Do we need to take for both address i.e. address before marriage and address after marriage.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Hi,

My PF is maintained by Employer's trust and not the PF office.
Can we show the Provident Fund receipts from Employer as POF?

Regards,
Aditya

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ramansingh05 said:
Hi Stanlee,

Actually I did through consultant so they sent it on 7th may.. also waiting for my ECa report so that I can be able to enter into EE pool..
also FYI now I am getting 418 pts.. so what you think stanlee would I be able to get ITA in another 2-3 months if I'll enter EE in May end.. or any other way out like PNP etc..
Check with your consultants, they would have received the ECA report by now. At least ask them to send you the soft copy of the report so that you can create and submit your Express Entry profile.

In Express Entry, there is no minimum CRS required to be eligible to enter the pool to apply for Canadian PR. But having said that to get a direct invite (ITA), you should have a CRS of at least 470 and above (though the score for the latest invite was 534, personally I feel it will come down). As per the trend, the score for direct ITA has never gone down below 450. Having said that, the options open to you are PNP and LMIA backed job offer.

With your current score, you are eligible to receive PT NOI from Ontario. But, lately there has been a temporary hiatus in Ontario sending out any PTs. There has been no official communication in this regard, so you may have to wait to hear about Ontario PNP invite.

You will have to check the individual province website for the PNPs. Check this link, it has the links for each PNP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp.

Tej1980

Apr 27, 2016
I have applied for Permanent Residence under the Canadian Experience Class. I haven’t received my R10 Letter( Completeness Check Letter OR Positive Eligibility Assessment) yet but my work permit expires in 2 months. What should I do?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
AK_canada said:
Hi stanlee / raj,

WES related:

I wanted to add my spouse's master's degree to WES account (Earlier we weren't getting it credited because the university isn't listed, but since we've already paid for the Bachelors, we're keen on sending the docs).

How can I add/modify the order?

WES website:
How do I add another credential?
For completed evaluations: There are several upgrading options. You may:

Add a completed degree
Add new courses
Add a new credential
Upgrade your document-by-document evaluation to a course-by-course evaluation
To upgrade a completed evaluation, visit My Account.

Must I wait for bachelors to be evaluated or shall i send the masters documentation irrespective?
Please advice
Did you try Add/Modify option? What does it show? Try and see if you can add a credential by modifying the order.

Ideally, you should have sent the Masters as well as for WES assessment. WES does not charge by the number of degrees that are assessed in one go or one order. However, as far as I know since you have already made the payment and your evaluation is under progress, adding the Masters may cost you another CAD 100 plus taxes.

You must complete a second application to add a new credential. .
- Select "Yes" under "Have you ever submitted an application to WES before?"
- Enter your WES reference number.
- Select “add another credential” under “What would you like to do?”
NOTE: You will need to submit required documents to support your new credential(s). The academic documents you previously submitted are on file and can still be used. WES will contact you if further information is needed.

To add another credential, follow the steps given below.
- On your WES dashboard, under 'Status' column click on 'Upgrade Report'
- On the next page select the first radio button 'Upgrade my ECA report for CIC to include a new credential' and click 'Continue'.
- It will take you to a page where you need to follow the same procedure you did while you submitted your Bachelors details.
# Personal Info
# Education
# ECA Package
# Delivery
# Confirm Order

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
aditya127 said:
Hi,

My PF is maintained by Employer's trust and not the PF office.
Can we show the Provident Fund receipts from Employer as POF?

Regards,
Aditya
Replied to your same post on the other thread.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Prats6 said:
I have gone through so many threads but I haven't found my answer yet. Can someone answer this:

Does CIC choose the number of applicants first and then the cutoff or the cutoff and consequently the applicants?
Not sure about the answer, but does it make a difference?