+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
keepsmiling said:
Hello Friends,

I have filled my EE and my CRS scores are 420. I know scores are very less for ITA, so i am dependent on OINP. But in my EE profile it''s showing that criteria for Provincial Nominee Program is "Not Met"

What does it mean. I will not get any invite from any of the provinces? But i have read that above CRS 400, we met the criteria of PNP programs?
1. The status would change to 'Met' once you get a nomination from a province.
2. Yes, with a score of 400 you are eligible to receive PT NOI from Ontario, but lately there has been a hiatus in Ontario sending out PT NOIs. So you will have to wait for OINP or watch out for other provinces.

canadianusa

May 6, 2016
Hi Guys,
So i just want to see if am doing to correct.
i have 11 years of experience in telecom engineer ,With MS.
but my crs score shows as 354 is that correct.
Thanks

Mikoy20

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Doc's Request.
09-04-2016
Nomination.....
20-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
06-05-2016 (ITA)
Med's Done....
16-05-2016
Passport Req..
04-08-2016
Hello there! I have a question. I have received my ITA yesterday and there is a question there that is not clear to me. Just to give a heads up, I am married and will be bringing my husband and our only 3 year old son with me in Canada. There is a question there under PERSONAL DETAILS. The question is "Please tell us about _______'s immediate family members that has NOT been identified in the application. This includes any parent, spouse or common law partner, any child including adult children or any brothers or sisters" Since I am already married and my immediate family now are my son and my husband, what i am thinking is i dont have to put any of my immediate family when i was single, or maybe i was wrong. Because there is also a separate same question for my husband, since it is noted there are parents or siblings, do i need to put our parents and siblings even if we are already married or no need for that since i have already included my immediate family now that i am married in this application?

keepsmiling

Feb 1, 2016
Lily_br said:
KeepSmiling, if you apply for OINP you have to wait until they send an AOR to you, I think your docs are under review
Thanks for the response but I was asking before applying for OINP and the status in EE dashboard. As per experts here the status will change once I will receive OINP invite.

keepsmiling

Feb 1, 2016
Stanlee said:
1. The status would change to 'Met' once you get a nomination from a province.
2. Yes, with a score of 400 you are eligible to receive PT NOI from Ontario, but lately there has been a hiatus in Ontario sending out PT NOIs. So you will have to wait for OINP or watch out for other provinces.
Thanks Stanlee for the info. As I was going through various blogs and forums, one thing is sure, The process is becoming difficult and clearing CRS cutoff will be the main criteria for getting PR and other ways like nomination etc. will be difficult to get. And as a result we are seeing a Hiatus in OINP. I am evaluating, how can I increase my score.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
keepsmiling said:
Thanks Stanlee for the info. As I was going through various blogs and forums, one thing is sure, The process is becoming difficult and clearing CRS cutoff will be the main criteria for getting PR and other ways like nomination etc. will be difficult to get. And as a result we are seeing a Hiatus in OINP. I am evaluating, how can I increase my score.
No one has control over the cut-off scores, but based on yesterday's cut-off the options that look viable are PNPs and LMIA backed job offer. But I have a feeling that the cut-off scores will come down. You will have to wait for OINP to send PTs again and you can also keep a track of other provinces.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
waleeda said:
Hi Guys,

I have CRS 338, any idea if i can apply for PNP? any state open now?

appreciate your help

Regards,
You will have to check the individual province website for the same. Check this link, it has the links for each PNP http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp.

faraz2512

Dec 16, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
1311 & 1215
AOR Received.
09-08-2017
Hello,

I got my PGDip evaluated but not my Bachelor's degree. Is it a good idea if I get my Bachelor's also evaluated? Will this help me get more points? Currently I stand at 86 Points on education.

My current CRS score is 347. For Education I have 84.

My Bachelor's was from India, whereas my PGDip was from UK. Please help!

Thanks & Regards,
Faraz

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
faraz2512 said:
Hello,

I got my PGDip evaluated but not my Bachelor's degree. Is it a good idea if I get my Bachelor's also evaluated? Will this help me get more points? Currently I stand at 86 Points on education.

My current CRS score is 347. For Education I have 84.

My Bachelor's was from India, whereas my PGDip was from UK. Please help!

Thanks & Regards,
Faraz
What does the Canadian Equivalence Summary in your current WES report say?

Yes, it would be good to get your Bachelors as well as assessed so that you can claim points for 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years', which will give you 119 points if you are married and 128 points if you are single.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Dear Expert,

I am going to prepare things for my wife ECA from WES. Her name is changed in passport after marriage but documents are with her maiden name. Do I need to sumbit some document for this name change for WES?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
anwar01 said:
Dear Expert,

I am going to prepare things for my wife ECA from WES. Her name is changed in passport after marriage but documents are with her maiden name. Do I need to sumbit some document for this name change for WES?
It is understood that documents before marriage would have the maiden name. Even if you send a copy of the passport and marriage certificate, as far as I know, WES issues ECA report with name that appears on the educational documents/certificate. However, it should not be matter of concern, because when you submit documents to IRCC, you can include a copy of your marriage certificate.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
canadianusa said:
Hi Guys,
So i just want to see if am doing to correct.
i have 11 years of experience in telecom engineer ,With MS.
but my crs score shows as 354 is that correct.
Thanks
Have you used the CIC tool to calculate your CRS? Have you given IELTS and have an ECA Report as well? With the information that you have shared, it is difficult to assesses whether your score is correct or not. The following links would be of help to you.

- You can use Come to Canada Tool to check your eligibility http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
- You can check your score using this tool http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
- You can create your profile by referring to this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Thanks for your reply Stanlee, I am confused on one more point, On WES instructions page for documents required for evaluation they have mentioned following documents.

1- HSC certificate & Marksheet attested by board
2- Degree & Marksheet attested by HEC

Please let me know this HSC certificate & marksheet is for 11-12 (intermediate) only or we have to send 9-10th (Metric) certificate & mark sheet also?

Stanlee said:
It is understood that documents before marriage would have the maiden name. Even if you send a copy of the passport and marriage certificate, as far as I know, WES issues ECA report with name that appears on the educational documents/certificate. However, it should not be matter of concern, because when you submit documents to IRCC, you can include a copy of your marriage certificate.

faraz2512

Dec 16, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
1311 & 1215
AOR Received.
09-08-2017
Thanks for the reply Stanlee..

My WES report evaluation says Postgraduate Diploma.. I will apply for my Bachelor's also to get evaluated..

I have got 1 more question though.. My wife is 5 months Pregnant and she is due in October..I have added only 1 dependent as of now.. should I change it to 2? OR keep it 1 itself..