FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-03-2023
AOR Received.
29-03-2023
Hi everyone !
Can you explain the difference between the Primary Visa Office and the Secondary Visa Office to me?

Blessen Sam

Dec 14, 2018
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
ITA 10-10-2023
AOR Received.
16-10-2023
Hi Everyone,

While filling up the Personal History in EE post ITA, should I split my course into two?
My course started from Jan 2021 till April 2022 (Master's) out of which I have done 4 months of remote learning from India due to COVID scenario and remaining portion I was in Canada. So do I have to account for that in my personal history? Or just add it as one single period?

I applied for my study permit on Nov 2020 and due to COVID , there was exemption that student can complete studies once he applies for study permit till it approved. My study permit approval came in March 2021 and then I travelled in April 2021. I was unemployed during that period and was able to find part time job by June 2021. From Oct 2020, I was unemployed and waiting for the visa process and by Jan 2021 started with studies remotely

So basically how do I tabulate these under personal and travel history?

Plzz it's urgent

DeepJ027

Dec 26, 2023
Hi

Express Entry profile creation has an education question: Complete/full academic years. I did my master's here in Canada and the program length specifies 16 months without scheduled breaks, but the option does not allow me to put 2-digit numbers(decimal). should I go with 1 as points are not getting changed with either 1 or 2 ? any suggestions are greatly appreciated. More clarification I did 12 months i.e. 3 terms full time and last one part time 4 months.

Thanks

asa26

Jan 23, 2024
Hi everyone!
I hope someone can help me out in here.

I created my express entry profile as single and got a CRS score of 539 and then I learned that I have to include my common law partner on my Application. We’ve been living together for more than 19months.

- I have PGWP and is about to expire this May 2024.
- My common law partner is working under a work permit with LMIA.
- I added him on my profile as accompanying me in canada. He does not have an english exam yet.
-My scored went lower to 518. I noticed a changed on my Human capital score like my age and education.

Did I do the correct thing? Did I missed something perhaps?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi everyone!
I hope someone can help me out in here.

I created my express entry profile as single and got a CRS score of 539 and then I learned that I have to include my common law partner on my Application. We’ve been living together for more than 19months.

- I have PGWP and is about to expire this May 2024.
- My common law partner is working under a work permit with LMIA.
- I added him on my profile as accompanying me in canada. He does not have an english exam yet.
-My scored went lower to 518. I noticed a changed on my Human capital score like my age and education.

Did I do the correct thing? Did I missed something perhaps?
The points distribution is different when you're single vs when you're married/common law.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

For example, if you apply on your own, you can get up to 150 points for education (if you have a PhD for example). But if you apply as a couple, the main applicant gets a maximum of 140 points and you can get 10 additional points for the spouse's education.

Language is another example. You can get a maximum of 136 pts for language if applying on your own, and a maximum of 128 points for the main applicant if applying with a couple + a maximum of 20 points for the couple.

So based on the information you provided, not having an English test for your partner is one of the reason why your score went lower.

asa26

Jan 23, 2024
The points distribution is different when you're single vs when you're married/common law.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

For example, if you apply on your own, you can get up to 150 points for education (if you have a PhD for example). But if you apply as a couple, the main applicant gets a maximum of 140 points and you can get 10 additional points for the spouse's education.

Language is another example. You can get a maximum of 136 pts for language if applying on your own, and a maximum of 128 points for the main applicant if applying with a couple + a maximum of 20 points for the couple.

So based on the information you provided, not having an English test for your partner is one of the reason why your score went lower.

Did I do the right thing of adding him as Accompanying me in Canada, even though he is already here and working under work permit with LMIA?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Did I do the right thing of adding him as Accompanying me in Canada, even though he is already here and working under work permit with LMIA?
Accompanying vs non-accompanying is marked based on whether you intend your spouse to be with you in Canada. It should never be done to game CRS and is misrepresentation if your spouse has intentions to get a PR. Also, there's integrity in doing things the right way. IRCC is not currently very aggressive with this, but you never know when they'll consider this as a serious issue.

asa26

Jan 23, 2024
Accompanying vs non-accompanying is marked based on whether you intend your spouse to be with you in Canada. It should never be done to game CRS and is misrepresentation if your spouse has intentions to get a PR. Also, there's integrity in doing things the right way. IRCC is not currently very aggressive with this, but you never know when they'll consider this as a serious issue.
Okay so does that mean that it’s okay if I chose accompanying me inside Canada, even though he is already here on an LMIA work permit?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
For what I've seen in this forum, there's mainly two pathways that you can take:

1. Apply together, hope to get invited with the lower score and, if getting ITA, follow the whole process together until you're both PRs.
2. Apply on your own, higher change of getting ITA due to higher score. Get PR, then apply to sponsor your spouse, wait for the whole sponsorship process. Longer path. What if your spouse's work permit expires at certain point and has to stop working? Can you sustain yourselves with only you working? Don't answer me, it's for you to think about that.

IMO, I would go with option 1 and I get my spouse to take an English text. Any score above CLB 4 for each band will give you additional points. Based on last year's draws, 518 is still a really good score.

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Hello, yesterday i got the ITA from healthcare draw. I have asked to continue the application for perminent residency. Now the problem is everything is working fine likecmy profile details and related pages but when i click continue the application i end up with the error of
“our online services are down
System generated code error:null”

i have tried several times, different browsers and even different devices but i can see same error everytime. This way i cannot proceed to PR details and process. I may end up without submitting the PR requirements due to this error.

i dont want to lose this opportunity, can anyone help me to resolve the issue please?

I have also reported the issue.