+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry in a nutshell

undettered

Aug 24, 2022
Any chance for getting an ITA on 479 CRS. I’m turning 31 in Sep. Do I have sufficient time to receive an ITA before my birthday?
my noc code is 11201

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Any chance for getting an ITA on 479 CRS. I’m turning 31 in Sep. Do I have sufficient time to receive an ITA before my birthday?
my noc code is 11201
Only time will tell. You can do something to increase your CRS or wait to see how it plays out. There's no way to say you'll get an ITA at 479. This July will mark 1 year of No program specified draws being started and we have only seen 481 (iirc) as the lowest score. We all have been proven both right and wrong here. So, if you are expecting a loss of 5 points by 31st Sep, do something to increase your CRS. You never know when you are going to miss by a few points.

Reactions: Taran D

undettered

Aug 24, 2022
Only time will tell. You can do something to increase your CRS or wait to see how it plays out. There's no way to say you'll get an ITA at 479. This July will mark 1 year of No program specified draws being started and we have only seen 481 (iirc) as the lowest score. We all have been proven both right and wrong here. So, if you are expecting a loss of 5 points by 31st Sep, do something to increase your CRS. You never know when you are going to miss by a few points.
This is so frusturating - I have invested too much in my Canadian PR goal and had given almost 10 exams of IELTS to score 8777. Still it makes me feel so uncertain about achieving this aim. :(
not sure whether this is meant for me or not.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
my noc code is 11201
The chances of getting an ITA with a CRS score of 479 are not very high, but it is possible. The cutoff score for Express Entry has been steadily increasing in recent months, and it is possible that it could reach 479 or higher before your birthday.

However, there are a few factors that could work in your favor. First, the NOC code 11201 is in high demand, so you may be able to get an ITA even with a lower CRS score. Second, the Express Entry system is constantly being updated, so it is possible that the cutoff score could decrease in the future.

Ultimately, there is no way to know for sure whether or not you will receive an ITA before your birthday. However, if you are serious about immigrating to Canada, it is a good idea to start your application process as soon as possible.

Here are some things you can do to increase your chances of getting an ITA:
  • Improve your CRS score by getting more education, work experience, or language skills.
  • Apply for a provincial nomination.
  • Keep an eye on the Express Entry draw results and be prepared to submit your application as soon as the cutoff score is within reach.
I hope this helps!

Reactions: undettered

undettered

Aug 24, 2022
The chances of getting an ITA with a CRS score of 479 are not very high, but it is possible. The cutoff score for Express Entry has been steadily increasing in recent months, and it is possible that it could reach 479 or higher before your birthday.

However, there are a few factors that could work in your favor. First, the NOC code 11201 is in high demand, so you may be able to get an ITA even with a lower CRS score. Second, the Express Entry system is constantly being updated, so it is possible that the cutoff score could decrease in the future.

Ultimately, there is no way to know for sure whether or not you will receive an ITA before your birthday. However, if you are serious about immigrating to Canada, it is a good idea to start your application process as soon as possible.

Here are some things you can do to increase your chances of getting an ITA:
  • Improve your CRS score by getting more education, work experience, or language skills.
  • Apply for a provincial nomination.
  • Keep an eye on the Express Entry draw results and be prepared to submit your application as soon as the cutoff score is within reach.
I hope this helps!
My application is already in pool from last 4 months. And, when you say apply for PNP - it means I should select all provinces during the creation of Express Entry profile as my NOC has good chances for getting invited via PNP?

undettered

Aug 24, 2022
@Raptor33 - In above reply, you advised that my NOC is in high demand and I may get an ITA even with lower crs - here are you talking about getting my file picked through PNP? Because if you talking about category based draw - then the categories which they have announced/published do not have my NOC.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@Raptor33 - In above reply, you advised that my NOC is in high demand and I may get an ITA even with lower crs - here are you talking about getting my file picked through PNP? Because if you talking about category based draw - then the categories which they have announced/published do not have my NOC.
Yes, I was referring to getting your file picked through PNP. PNPs are provincial programs that nominate skilled workers who meet their specific needs. If your NOC is in high demand in a particular province, you may be able to get a nomination from that province, which would give you an additional points in the Express Entry pool. This would essentially guarantee that you would receive an ITA.

However, you are correct that the categories that have been announced for the upcoming Express Entry draws do not include your NOC. This means that you would need to get a nomination from a province in order to be eligible for an ITA in the near future.

I would recommend that you research the PNPs that are available in the provinces where your NOC is in demand. You can find more information about PNPs on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Didi7777

Jun 24, 2023
Hi guys,

We have received an email "Request for Visa" (we are in the process of the FSW-outland program, AOR May 11).
The email says we have to send our passports within 30 days, unfortunately, we have to travel abroad and we cannot send them within the specified time period. We have filled the webform request for an extension for passport submission, but no answer so far.

Can you please advise if you had an experience like this? Can we get an extension? How does the process work? and most importantly does it complicate/ impact getting the visa for us?

Thanks!

gschostack

Star Member
Sep 12, 2021
Hello guys,
In the study and language section, I should input the number of complete academic years. I'm a doctor and I started in the university in August of 2014 and ended in March 2020.
Should I select 5 or 6 years of complete academic years ?
Thanks

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello guys,
In the study and language section, I should input the number of complete academic years. I'm a doctor and I started in the university in August of 2014 and ended in March 2020.
Should I select 5 or 6 years of complete academic years ?
Thanks
Check your completion certificate and transcript for end date and start date.