+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explanation about NOC 0433

bromac

May 3, 2015
Hi,

In the last 10 years I have 4 years full time job experience as a Commissioned officer of the Armed Forces in my country of origin (obviously not Canada). Now, a perfect match to this type of job in Canada is NOC 0433 which is "Commissioned officers of the Canadian Forces".

But, I have a problem with the title of this occupation because I think no alien can ever apply under that particular NOC because it strictly says "Canadian Forces". If you really have an experience in NOC 0433 I assume you're surely Canadian citizen, since ONLY Canadians will have experience in Canadian Forces. So it's kind of illogical to list that NOC 0433 for immigration purposes.

Anyways, I have a 4 year experience as a Commissioned Officer but not in the Canadian Forces. So the question is if can I even apply under NOC 0433 at all?

Thanks

Gustcan

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Well if CIC has listed the NOC and you have experience you should go ahead and apply. Frankly the NOC codes hardly matter as CIC is looking at the CRS score to issue an ITA. Post the ITA they verify the experience for which you are gaining points is correct or not. To my knowledge they don't have a NOC specific quota for EE. Also just think if you are approved you will become a PR of Canada at which point you are eligible for jobs which a citizen is. I would not think too much and apply since its a valid code by CIC. Make sure you have all the supporting documents.

bromac

May 3, 2015
Thanks Gustcan. I too think there are no quotas on NOCs. But, the title of the NOC 0433 is completely illogical. No alien can ever have experience as a member of the Canadian forces, unless he's a PR in which case the immigration application is irrelevant. Further more in the description of the NOC 0433 it says the officer has to have experience in planning, organizing and commanding the activities of Canadian Forces combat units which for an immigration applicant is impossible. An alien officer would have only had an experience in planning, organizing and commanding the activities of the Armed Forces in his own country of origin. As if the listing of that NOC tries to tell us that there are mercenaries from other countries in the Canadian Forces.

It's confusing, however, as you say, the NOC is there, listed, so we have to assume it's valid, regardless the illogicality in the title and the description.

BenRMC

Jan 7, 2016
Hi there, I was wondering if you got to the bottom of the NOC 0433 question. I'm finding the whole application process really frustrating and confusing and can't seem to get any answers from the government websites or embassy.

Having served 15years in the military I wish to move to Canada where the rest of my family are and become a police officer of which I already have a notional acceptance. Of course I have no experience as a police officer so I can't use that NOC but British military is not listed.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
bromac said:
Hi,

In the last 10 years I have 4 years full time job experience as a Commissioned officer of the Armed Forces in my country of origin (obviously not Canada). Now, a perfect match to this type of job in Canada is NOC 0433 which is "Commissioned officers of the Canadian Forces".

But, I have a problem with the title of this occupation because I think no alien can ever apply under that particular NOC because it strictly says "Canadian Forces". If you really have an experience in NOC 0433 I assume you're surely Canadian citizen, since ONLY Canadians will have experience in Canadian Forces. So it's kind of illogical to list that NOC 0433 for immigration purposes.

Anyways, I have a 4 year experience as a Commissioned Officer but not in the Canadian Forces. So the question is if can I even apply under NOC 0433 at all?

Thanks

Canada classifies various jobs and occupations as per the NOC. Every occupation is given a number. When an applicant files his application he is supposed to write the NOC for the work that is closest to his occupation is the country of origin. See it from this perspective, occupations that are regulated require a Canadian authority to grant a license before that occupation can be practiced in Canada, but an applicant will write the NOC which closely corresponds to his current occupation eg. doctors, lawyers, nurses etc.

For further clarification, read the description under the NOC. If you perform the same functions, that is your NOC which you should mention in the application form. The NOC is just a way for CIC to gather and collect information on what skills new immigrants are getting, not necessarily that they will practice in the same occupation after they immigrate. The NOC also helps the provinces in their nomination process as they can check which NOC is in demand in their respective province and which ones to nominate.

Hope this helps.

ernstıra

Aug 3, 2019
Hi,

Thanks
Hello,
Could you solve the problem? We are on the same boat and I have no idea how to solve...

ernstıra

Aug 3, 2019
Hello,

Canada classifies various jobs and occupations as per the NOC. Every occupation is given a number. When an applicant files his application he is supposed to write the NOC for the work that is closest to his occupation is the country of origin. See it from this perspective, occupations that are regulated require a Canadian authority to grant a license before that occupation can be practiced in Canada, but an applicant will write the NOC which closely corresponds to his current occupation eg. doctors, lawyers, nurses etc.

For further clarification, read the description under the NOC. If you perform the same functions, that is your NOC which you should mention in the application form. The NOC is just a way for CIC to gather and collect information on what skills new immigrants are getting, not necessarily that they will practice in the same occupation after they immigrate. The NOC also helps the provinces in their nomination process as they can check which NOC is in demand in their respective province and which ones to nominate.

Hope this helps.
Code 0433 especially mentions Canadian Army Forces and in case this code selected by foreign country military personal, I think it creates inconsistency with work experience in Canada and application iwill be refused immediately. Is there anyone with same situation or is there any solution offer?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon have you come across anybody who has been granted FSW PR by applying under NOC 0433?

The immigration applications have nothing to do with the NOC you select. As long as you meet the program criteria, under which you apply and your job duties substantially match the job duties of the NOC selected.

gaurav615

Jul 21, 2020
Is it possible to get a clarification on 0433 NOC directly from IRCC? Confirmation from a govt source will be an authority which can be quoted incase of an issue at the final stage of PR application.

finex501

Oct 13, 2020
hi any update about NOC 0433 ? so if I was soldier in my country and I want to apply to Canada my NOC is :0433
??