+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experts plz help. What are the chances of PRTD approval in my case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you only spent 300 days in Canada in the past 5 years and your wife received PR in 2017 you basically arrived in Canada sponsored her and left after she had her PR. She either arrived and gave birth very soon or gave birth in Canada before she was a PR. How long has your son and wife spent in Canada? Just a reminder that you must remain in the country for over 6 months to have your health services covered or you could be asked to pay the province back for any healthcare used. Hard to say your son needs to be in Canada when he seems to have been removed when he was very young. I don't see how H&C would be possible although go ahead and try. Your wife and son can live in Canada and you could continue and work abroad while paying taxes on your family income. You seem to be saying that your son deserves the right to use Canadian services but part haven't chosen stay in Canada as his parents and contribute to the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

folks

Jul 11, 2012
Hi Scylla, thanks for your replies. Just wondering what could be the other strongest H and C ground to get a prtd except child interest? I mean what kind of cases are granted the H and C the most?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla, thanks for your replies. Just wondering what could be the other strongest H and C ground to get a prtd except child interest? I mean what kind of cases are granted the H and C the most?
A common reason is having a very ill parent in your home country who cannot live independently - and where the person applying for H&C was the only family member available to take care of that parent (i.e. they are an only child, other parent is deceased, no aunts or uncles living in home country who can assist). For H&C to be successful, evidence needs to be provided to prove the illness in the form of hospitalization records, doctor notes and proof the person applying for H&C consideration is the only family member available to take care of that relative.

That's the only one I can think of.

Reactions: folks

folks

Jul 11, 2012
A common reason is having a very ill parent in your home country who cannot live independently - and where the person applying for H&C was the only family member available to take care of that parent (i.e. they are an only child, other parent is deceased, no aunts or uncles living in home country who can assist). For H&C to be successful, evidence needs to be provided to prove the illness in the form of hospitalization records, doctor notes and proof the person applying for H&C consideration is the only family member available to take care of that relative.

That's the only one I can think of.
ok got it, thank you.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is one more thing. For sponsoring your wife you were asked to reside in Canada during the whole sponsoring process (give it or take some short holiday trip). Did you meet that condition?
Because from what you said:
1. you came 6 years ago (that would be somewhere in 2012).
2. During your first year you stayed only like 3-4 months there (those 100 days)
3. Somewhere between 2013 and 2016 you only spent 10 months. (most likely between 2016 and 2017)
4. You went for sponsorship somewhere 2015-2016. So all that was on the edge of meeting your residency.

So depending when you asked for sponsorship you were most likely either already not meeting RO or very close to it.
Now the question is, what would happen with your wife PR if they will find out that you did not meet RO (or was not able to meet it).

So yes you need to check that part as well. Since your case, might open a Pandora box for your wife as well.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
  • Haha
Reactions: YVR123