+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

entrepreneur visa ontario

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Hello all,

I came as a student in 2016 and received my PR in 2020. Fortunately I own a small business now.

My only mission is now bringing my family in Canada. I will be eligible to sponsor my parents by next year. I have one older brother whom I can not sponsor.( he does not have any educational qualification and does not speak English at all, I can not choose other immigration pathway for him like student or LMIA.

What could be the best and practical option in current scenario ?

1. Sponsor parents and visitor visa for my brother for now. After 5 years my parents can sponsor him as a immediate family member ??

or

2. Apply for entrepreneur in Ontario for business outside GTA, and once my father get PR he can sponsor my brother later on ?? What are the odds for business visa in Ontario if my father invest 200k AND prove 400K net worth. ?

I am ready to invest all money in order to bring my family here otherwise I have to leave everything here and go back. I am 30 years old and still missing my family badly. Please give me your valuable advise and suggestions.

Thank you so much

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. A few things. Just because you will be eligible to sponsor your parents, this doesn’t mean you will be selected in the draw. Some people wait years to be selected in the lottery and some never do. It is always oversubscribed. With the backlog, parents selected from a few years ago are still waiting to move. And then your parents can’t sponsor him through the program. He is over 22. Your brother needs to immigrate on his own merits.

2. What do you mean apply for OINP? You are PR. It is your father who has to apply or your brother. Odds are low as you have to show you have business experience, business plan with approval of your business…many more criteria as it is not just about the money. Even with PR, parents still can’t sponsor your brother. Same as above.

Last edited:
Reactions: robin6869

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

I came as a student in 2016 and received my PR in 2020. Fortunately I own a small business now.

My only mission is now bringing my family in Canada. I will be eligible to sponsor my parents by next year. I have one older brother whom I can not sponsor.( he does not have any educational qualification and does not speak English at all, I can not choose other immigration pathway for him like student or LMIA.

What could be the best and practical option in current scenario ?

1. Sponsor parents and visitor visa for my brother for now. After 5 years my parents can sponsor him as a immediate family member ??

or

2. Apply for entrepreneur in Ontario for business outside GTA, and once my father get PR he can sponsor my brother later on ?? What are the odds for business visa in Ontario if my father invest 200k AND prove 400K net worth. ?

I am ready to invest all money in order to bring my family here otherwise I have to leave everything here and go back. I am 30 years old and still missing my family badly. Please give me your valuable advise and suggestions.

Thank you so much
Your parents will never be able to sponsor your brother.

Your brother will need to qualify for PR on his own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry if he wishes to move to Canada.

Last edited:

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
1. A few things. Just because you will be eligible to sponsor your parents, this doesn’t mean you will be selected in the draw. Some people wait years to be selected in the lottery and some never do. It is always oversubscribed. With the backlog, parents selected from a few years ago are still waiting to move. And then your parents can’t sponsor him through the program. He is over 22. Your brother needs to immigrate on his own merits.

2. What do you mean apply for OINP? You are PR. It is your father who has to apply or your brother. Odds are low as you have to show you have business experience, business plan with approval of your business…many more criteria as it is not just about the money. Even with PR, parents still can’t sponsor your brother. Same as above.
I thought my father will go for buying existing business over 200K and yes he has got experience as a business owner backhome with CLB level he can get minimum 8. I thought lawyers can also help building strong file for entrepreneur visa.

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Your parents will never be able to sponsor your brother.

Your brother will need to qualify for PR on his own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry if he wishes to move to Canada.
thanks for the reply but why can't they sponsor him, after 5 years of being sponsored by me or after getting PR on their own. He will be immediate family member to them. So I think they can sponsor him. this is new to me

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I thought my father will go for buying existing business over 200K and yes he has got experience as a business owner backhome with CLB level he can get minimum 8. I thought lawyers can also help building strong file for entrepreneur visa.
If you have a law firm helping with the process then yes it is possible. PGP program is a much cheaper option for PR. Still doesn’t benefit your brother.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks for the reply but why can't they sponsor him, after 5 years of being sponsored by me or after getting PR on their own. He will be immediate family member to them. So I think they can sponsor him. this is new to me
What program do you think he can be be sponsored through? No your parents can’t sponsor your brother. Being immediate family, which he is now, doesn’t allow them to sponsor him. He is over 22. He must immigrate on his own merits.

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
If you have a law firm helping with the process then yes it is possible. PGP program is a much cheaper option for PR. Still doesn’t benefit your brother.
Got it, it's so stupid rule man, if someone is investing half million dollar, let them live in peace here. anyway, only marriage or joint application in business visa can help him, clb requirement is 4 or more. it's doable. anyway thank you so much for your help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately you've misunderstood the rules regarding family sponsorship.

Your parents would only be able to sponsor him if he is still under 22 years old. Otherwise it's not possible for them (or you) to sponsor him for PR. Again, he will need to qualify for PR on his own through an economic immigration program like EE or PNP.

robin6869

Jul 31, 2017
Unfortunately you've misunderstood the rules regarding family sponsorship.

Your parents would only be able to sponsor him if he is still under 22 years old. Otherwise it's not possible for them (or you) to sponsor him for PR. Again, he will need to qualify for PR on his own through an economic immigration program like EE or PNP.
now I have got it bro. let's hope for the best, if nothing happens let's pack the bags and book the flight.

I really appreciate your response. it cleared my doubts. thanks

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
now I have got it bro. let's hope for the best, if nothing happens let's pack the bags and book the flight.

I really appreciate your response. it cleared my doubts. thanks
Don’t get discouraged. I got that your brother can’t communicate in English, but what does he do for living? If he’s good at skilled labor like handyman, electrical, plumbing, gardening etc., chances are he can get selected into EE’s skilled trades program. Just a suggestion, please consult an immigration expert. There may be better, cheaper way and it may not be hard as it sounds.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don’t get discouraged. I got that your brother can’t communicate in English, but what does he do for living? If he’s good at skilled labor like handyman, electrical, plumbing, gardening etc., chances are he can get selected into EE’s skilled trades program. Just a suggestion, please consult an immigration expert. There may be better, cheaper way and it may not be hard as it sounds.
Just to add, for the FST program, your brother would need to be experienced in the trade with either a full-time permanent job offer or be certified/licensed for the trade through the Ontario College of Trades. Only certain trades are licensed. For example, electrical involves education and apprenticeship of about 5 years. I don't believe gardening or handyman are licensed trades through Red Seal or College of Trades.

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Just to add, for the FST program, your brother would need to be experienced in the trade with either a full-time permanent job offer or be certified/licensed for the trade through the Ontario College of Trades. Only certain trades are licensed. For example, electrical involves education and apprenticeship of about 5 years. I don't believe gardening or handyman are licensed trades through Red Seal or College of Trades.
Things don't work as per someone's beliefs. The reason i said consult an immigration expert earlier was due to same reason of people looking at the advises coming from novices spreading their beliefs. There are many skilled trades available under various NOCs that people wouldn't believe. There is no pre-requisite for applying under those NOCs. Once you submit the application (If the FTC is open under any province), province may ask for additional certifications and one can then apply and obtain the cert.

For your kind information, check here:

Gardening (Landsaping & similar)
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=8612&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

Handyman:
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=6733&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getAllExample&MLV=4&TVD=122372&V=81625&VST=01012011

Also check other NOCs as i mentioned (Plumbing, Handyman etc) have NOCs and an experienced immigration person can help you through the right guidance and application process.

I hope this helps to get you through a right path.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Things don't work as per someone's beliefs. The reason i said consult an immigration expert earlier was due to same reason of people looking at the advises coming from novices spreading their beliefs. There are many skilled trades available under various NOCs that people wouldn't believe. There is no pre-requisite for applying under those NOCs. Once you submit the application (If the FTC is open under any province), province may ask for additional certifications and one can then apply and obtain the cert.

For your kind information, check here:

Gardening (Landsaping & similar)
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=8612&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getVD&MLV=4&TVD=122372

Handyman:
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?CLV=4&CPV=6733&CST=01012011&CVD=122376&Function=getAllExample&MLV=4&TVD=122372&V=81625&VST=01012011

Also check other NOCs as i mentioned (Plumbing, Handyman etc) have NOCs and an experienced immigration person can help you through the right guidance and application process.

I hope this helps to get you through a right path.
That is not how FST works. You must have a job offer in the skilled area or provincial certificate of qualification.

You must be in the following skilled trades and gardening/handyman are not part of those NOCs as they are not licensed occupations.
  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
That is not how FST works. You must have a job offer in the skilled area or provincial certificate of qualification.

You must be in the following skilled trades and gardening/handyman are not part of those NOCs as they are not licensed occupations.
  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
  • Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers
Of course, that's what i mentioned. In summary, if a person has the right experience, one can apply under these skilled traded like HANDYMAN, GARDENING, PLUMBING AND OTHER IN DEMAND SKILLS. I also mentioned earlier that one must consult an experienced immigration person in order to define the pre-requisites before the application. FSTs DO work exactly like this. The experience doesn't have to be in Canada and the person doesn't need to go through a college or a program as NOT ALL skilled trade programs are regulated and do not require licensure. As long as one has required experience and right set of documents, application could be submitted.