+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer compliance fee ? repay?

Archie Arch

Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone! I am new on this forum, so I am sorry if this post already exist, I tried to find, but couldn't.
My question is, I applied for closed work permit outside Canada, got refused due missing support letter from province that Employer need me to start work right away, when I did apply for it employer did pay the fee, Im going to apply again for WP as sson as I get this letter, so, do employer has to pay fee again or not since work permit was not issued?
Tried to find similar info in internet couldn't find it.
Thanks everyone for help. And wish everybody happy holidays!!!

Last edited:

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hello everyone! I am new on this forum, so I am sorry if this post already exist, I tried to find, but couldn't.
My question is, I applied for closed work permit outside Canada, got refused due missing support letter from province that Employer need me to start work right away, when I did apply for it employer did pay the fee, do employer has to pay fee again or not since work permit was not issued?
My question is, I applied for closed work permit outside Canada, got refused due missing support letter from province that Employer need me to start work right away, when I did apply for it employer did pay the fee, do employer has to pay fee again or not since work permit was not issued?
See below:

I paid the employer compliance fee, but the temporary worker’s application for a work permit was refused. Can I get a refund?
Yes. You will get a refund automatically. You do not have to apply for it. If you do not receive a notice about your refund within 8 weeks, follow the instructions to obtain a refund.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1031&top=17

Archie Arch

Dec 20, 2017
See below:

I paid the employer compliance fee, but the temporary worker’s application for a work permit was refused. Can I get a refund?
Yes. You will get a refund automatically. You do not have to apply for it. If you do not receive a notice about your refund within 8 weeks, follow the instructions to obtain a refund.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1031&top=17
thanks for reply, Im sorry myt bad, I didnot mention, I m gonna apply again when I ll get a support letter from province.

Pradip07

Jan 18, 2024
my employer paid it again and gave me the new number a#@@@@@ but application is already submitted my consultant used the old one can i send it through web form

Aman7272

Feb 15, 2024
my employer paid it again and gave me the new number a#@@@@@ but application is already submitted my consultant used the old one can i send it through web form
Then yes send your new by webform and make sure call them when you call them press option 1 then again 1 then 2 then 0 to talk to someone. Let them know.