29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Better from outside your home country,zero risk
there's no risk at all.. I did the same.

technically you can never leave your own country even if you live outside you still can prosecuted

Reactions: AFUA2017 and DBOR

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Dear Egyptian applicants

I have an urgent enquiry and I really need the help of everyone with confirmed answers.

I am not Egyptian and I have been asked by CPC-Ottawa to submit my passport to the embassy in Cairo. This is what it says:

All required documents and passport (s) must be submitted in one single package, and sent by COURIER ONLY to the following address:

Visa Section/Section des visas
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
Nile City Towers, 2005 (A) Corniche El Nile
South Tower, 18th floor, Cairo 11221

There is no mention whatsoever of how they will send back my passport.

My question is how will they send my passport back? Will they simply send it back to my "mailing" address? Will they use a good courier service? Or do you collect it in person from the embassy? What happened in your case?

Please share your experience as your answers will shape making my decision

Thanks a lot

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Dear Egyptian applicants

I have an urgent enquiry and I really need the help of everyone with confirmed answers.

I am not Egyptian and I have been asked by CPC-Ottawa to submit my passport to the embassy in Cairo. This is what it says:

All required documents and passport (s) must be submitted in one single package, and sent by COURIER ONLY to the following address:

Visa Section/Section des visas
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
Nile City Towers, 2005 (A) Corniche El Nile
South Tower, 18th floor, Cairo 11221

There is no mention whatsoever of how they will send back my passport.

My question is how will they send my passport back? Will they simply send it back to my "mailing" address? Will they use a good courier service? Or do you collect it in person from the embassy? What happened in your case?

Please share your experience as your answers will shape making my decision

Thanks a lot
send it by DHL, they will tell you how will you get it back.. AGAIN: ONLY DHL knows the process

Last edited:

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
send it by DHL, they will tell you how will you get it back.. AGAIN: ONLY DHL knows the process
Thanks maged_mmh, appreciate it. But it is still not clear what to do. So when I fly to Egypt and know my local address:

(1) Do I take my package to DHL and ask them to collect the package on my behalf later on after the visa is issue?
(2) Or do I buy a pre-paid envelope and include it in my package?

If it is number (1), how can the Embassy of Canada give my package to DHL? Do I need to include a form authorising DHL to collect it on my behalf?

If it is number (2), Does DHL offer the pre-paid envelopes service in Egypt?

Again, I'd appreciate your help and the help of anyone else

Thank you

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Thanks maged_mmh, appreciate it. But it is still not clear what to do. So when I fly to Egypt and know my local address:

(1) Do I take my package to DHL and ask them to collect the package on my behalf later on after the visa is issue?
(2) Or do I buy a pre-paid envelope and include it in my package?

If it is number (1), how can the Embassy of Canada give my package to DHL? Do I need to include a form authorising DHL to collect it on my behalf?

If it is number (2), Does DHL offer the pre-paid envelopes service in Egypt?

Again, I'd appreciate your help and the help of anyone else

Thank you
they will tell you exactly how will it go. there's no prepaid envelopes in Egypt - DO NOT USE ANYTHING EXCEPT DHL

just make sure you send everything mentioned in your letter

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
they will tell you exactly how will it go. there's no prepaid envelopes in Egypt - DO NOT USE ANYTHING EXCEPT DHL

just make sure you send everything mentioned in your letter
Thanks a lot man, I'm grateful for your efforts

I'm still worried about this. I'll see how this goes

GHSIH

May 7, 2016
Help anyone?
Sorry sir, I doubt anyone can help you with this unless he or she had a previous experience,
Thanks a lot man, I'm grateful for your efforts

I'm still worried about this. I'll see how this goes
I tried calling them for you in the morning but all the agents were busy. now they are closed and can't answer calls.

I will try the same tomorrow maybe they have a hint. but as Maged said they're the ones who can guide you there better than anyone here in the forum.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Sorry sir, I doubt anyone can help you with this unless he or she had a previous experience,

I tried calling them for you in the morning but all the agents were busy. now they are closed and can't answer calls.

I will try the same tomorrow maybe they have a hint. but as Maged said they're the ones who can guide you there better than anyone here in the forum.
GHSIH brother, thanks so much man, this is very kind of you, I highly appreciate it. Could you please try again on Monday? Just ask them generally if there is no mention of CIC instructions on how their embassy will send it back, what is their assumption? Will they simply send it back to my "mailing" address? Or do they assume I will include a pre-paid service if applicable? Or do they expect me to collect it in person?

I understand that it's only CPC-Ottawa who shall inform me what to do, but they're extremely slow and I am only asking fro people to share their experiences and knowledge.

GHSIH

May 7, 2016
GHSIH brother, thanks so much man, this is very kind of you, I highly appreciate it. Could you please try again on Monday? Just ask them generally if there is no mention of CIC instructions on how their embassy will send it back, what is their assumption? Will they simply send it back to my "mailing" address? Or do they assume I will include a pre-paid service if applicable? Or do they expect me to collect it in person?

I understand that it's only CPC-Ottawa who shall inform me what to do, but they're extremely slow and I am only asking fro people to share their experiences and knowledge.
Hello my friend, it is always a pleasure helping anyone.

I called them, the landline (hotline) from inside Egypt is 19345. (I GUESS ADDING +202 will allow you to make the call from outside EGYPT)
The other number working for sure is
+202 259 43200.

What the lady told me is as follows:

- You will arrive to any DHL branch in Egypt and add the details of the sender (yourself) and the recipient (the embassy in Cairo) and pay fees of 113 EGP (if sent from Cairo).

- Once your passport is ready, they should (the Canadian folks) send you an email that the passport is ready for collection.
That's when you will call the DHL customer service again and you will forward the email to the DHL agent, he will reply back to you with some kind of form that will end up by you providing the address to which you wish to receive the passport again.

- The agent will deliver the passport to you and then you will pay him 138 EGP for the shipping fees.

**I did not pay attention to the fact that you might be doing the whole process from OUTSIDE Egypt if that is the case please let me know or even send me a PM.
I think the only difference is that you will be paying to your local DHL service office and making international call to coordinate the process.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Wish you the best of luck.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Hello my friend, it is always a pleasure helping anyone.

I called them, the landline (hotline) from inside Egypt is 19345. (I GUESS ADDING +202 will allow you to make the call from outside EGYPT)
The other number working for sure is
+202 259 43200.

What the lady told me is as follows:

- You will arrive to any DHL branch in Egypt and add the details of the sender (yourself) and the recipient (the embassy in Cairo) and pay fees of 113 EGP (if sent from Cairo).

- Once your passport is ready, they should (the Canadian folks) send you an email that the passport is ready for collection.
That's when you will call the DHL customer service again and you will forward the email to the DHL agent, he will reply back to you with some kind of form that will end up by you providing the address to which you wish to receive the passport again.

- The agent will deliver the passport to you and then you will pay him 138 EGP for the shipping fees.

**I did not pay attention to the fact that you might be doing the whole process from OUTSIDE Egypt if that is the case please let me know or even send me a PM.
I think the only difference is that you will be paying to your local DHL service office and making international call to coordinate the process.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Wish you the best of luck.

Thanks a lot GHSIH, this is extremely helpful.

I have to fly to Egypt as there is a restriction on sending passports internationally imposed by my government and DHL itself. I'm very happy to fly and stay in Egypt, I just want to make sure that I do receive my passport back!!

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
Hi everyone.

I've been gathering all my documents for e-APR submission and planning to submit my application within next week Inshallah. I have a somewhat silly question regarding photo requirement for my wife who covers her hair. The photographer said she needs to show her ears in the photograph in order to meet the specifications 'the photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders..'
Does that include ears as well I case of hijab?
We ended up getting two photos, one with ears out and one with ear covered in scarf. I know it's trivial to ask but she's not comfortable with the one with her ears out. If anyone could please answer that in line with their relevant experience, that would be great. Thanks.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
Hi everyone.

I've been gathering all my documents for e-APR submission and planning to submit my application within next week Inshallah. I have a somewhat silly question regarding photo requirement for my wife who covers her hair. The photographer said she needs to show her ears in the photograph in order to meet the specifications 'the photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders..'
Does that include ears as well I case of hijab?
We ended up getting two photos, one with ears out and one with ear covered in scarf. I know it's trivial to ask but she's not comfortable with the one with her ears out. If anyone could please answer that in line with their relevant experience, that would be great. Thanks.
I strongly believe she's fine. This is a quote from CIC:

• Hats and head coverings must not be worn, unless they are worn daily for religious beliefs or medical reasons. However, your full face must be clearly visible and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-photos.asp