+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I personally don't remember even one case when a change in the rules which will affect so many immigrants to be announced in the last moment without any adequate notice in advance.

Provincial programs federal programs... every time when huge amount of people will be affected there have been a lot of official notice.

Particularly for programs concerning immigrating PRs and citizenship.

From where this fake paranoia came here... I got no idea, but it's sound crazy to happen.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
MUFC said:
I personally don't remember even one case when a change in the rules which will affect so many immigrants to be announced in the last moment without any adequate notice in advance.

Provincial programs federal programs... every time when huge amount of people will be affected there have been a lot of official notice.

Particularly for programs concerning immigrating PRs and citizenship.

From where this fake paranoia came here... I got no idea, but it's sound crazy to happen.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
MUFC said:
It is also possible right before the announcement a meteor to hit the earth and all of us to vanish.

Absolutely possible to happen.

You people are really freaking out for no reason.
Except we have had notice that the changes will be in force . . . approximately . . . well, soon.

Except there has indeed already been notice of these changes, and there is the history of this legislation itself . . . in draft since early 2012 at the most recent, that is for at least a year before it was tabled now more than a year ago, adopted and given Royal Assent approximately a year ago (five weeks shy of a year), attendant regulatory changes proposed months ago . . . numerous notices it was coming posted by CIC last summer.

Except there is the history of how this government operates, including its history relative to fixing coming-into-force dates, which has leaned far more toward only one to three days between the order and the date fixed, than toward more lengthy time periods between the date the order is issued and the date that order fixes as the coming-into-force date.

There is no doubt this legislation will be fully implemented in the relatively near future.

In contrast, there are no indications scientists are forecasting any such meteor strike.

And NO one is freaking out.

No one is paranoid.

Getting prepared, putting the paperwork together, exploring what the options are, assessing what the best date for applying is, is very much what hundreds of PRs with a real stake in this are looking at as the date that matters approaches.

Again, time to set aside the speculating and focus on practical realities.

bananaman said:
The trouble, dpenabill, is that we're working with an absence of real news. So we have to make our decisions based on a prediction of what the real news will be, and when it will come.

If I send off my application on May 26/27 and it turns into a non-routine application and the coming-into-force-date isn't much later, I'll wish I had waited.

If I wait until June and miss the cut off, I'll wish I had submitted at 1095 days.

So in order to decide what makes most sense, we need to speculate.
Actually, what I have been trying to emphasize is that, indeed, those in a situation like yours really are working with an absence of real news and to caution that it is time to put aside the speculation and make decisions as best you can given what you do know.

The speculations will not illuminate anything you can make a decision based on. In deciding what makes the most sense, it is time to forget the speculations, and make decisions precisely on what you do know, as best you can.

It is down-to-the-wire for many of you.

Regarding the buffer issue: frankly, there are many, many other factors more likely to influence how the processing goes and what the risks are regarding the ultimate outcome . . . so long as the minimum APP of 1095 days is met as of the day before the application is made.

Many should include a buffer because they did not keep absolutely perfect and complete records.

Many should include a buffer because their overall situation tends to not make a strong impression of having settled permanently in Canada (immediate family members still living abroad for example).

Some should have a good buffer because if they happen to get RQ, their records to show employment or residence may have some soft spots.

Some, like me, waited to have a very long buffer because there were circumstances in our lives which appeared to put our residency at risk for being questioned.

Most of these individuals will be better off waiting, even if waiting means waiting another year (I waited nearly two years beyond the date I initially surpassed the 1095 day APP threshold).

This is why I emphasize that each individual needs to use his or her own best judgment in deciding the appropriate time to apply.

But make no mistake: relying on speculation would not be deciding what makes the most sense.

At this juncture I am sorry that I contributed so much to all the speculation here in the past. I should have known better. At the time the impending effective date was far enough off in the future I did not see the potential for anyone relying on those speculations in making any actual decisions. But just as your post now illustrates, in the absence of real knowledge many, like you, are probably grasping at the various speculations and trying to discern which is more likely . . . but that's a fool's endeavor, reading tea leaves.

It will be hard to ignore the speculations, but frankly it is down to the stage of things where deciding what makes sense demands focusing on known realities and evaluating one's own case using one's own best judgment.

For you, and many others, it will be the last week of May (assuming there is no real news before then) before you are down to making a definitive decision about which day to send the application off.

It may make sense to leaning toward gambling that there will be at least a few days between the date the Governor in Council issues the order, and the date fixed in that order . . . that is, that there will be a few days notice . . . since this does seem likely (no guarantees though) and it would facilitate accruing a few more days buffer (at least a couple is a good idea, even for the strongest applications).

But each individual needs to approach this given his or her own set of facts and priorities . . . some will only have to wait one more year and waiting might not be a major issue for them . . . while others may be facing a much longer wait and a longer delay in becoming a citizen might have a real impact on their life, such as their career opportunities, convenience traveling to visit a parent approaching an end-of-life situation.

I understand it is both a difficult decision for many and one which, at the moment, suffers for the lack of knowing a critical element: the cut off date. But it is no time to panic. No time to speculate. No time to rely on anyone else's speculations. Use your best judgment based on what you know, and recognize that it could easily come down to the wire before you can make the actual decision. That is, you may be wrestling with this come May 26th without knowing any more than we know now. And you will have to decide. No need to bang your head on the wall about it in the meantime . . . just get ready, be prepared . . . and when the time comes, make your decision based on your best judgment.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the applicants who are planning to apply without a good buffer of extra days, please don't blame CIC in case of issued RQ in the future during the process.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
We are so sick and tired reading the 2 sides.
How about a bit of fun, for a change (-:
Let's bet on money lol
Than if there is a 2 week notice MUFC gets the funds, and vise Versa. Lol

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
I tend to believe same as MUFC that there will be at least 2 weeks notice, and nothing will happen before July first.
Yes !! It's a speculation (-: but I'm ready to bet for big money on my speculation.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323,

From my perspective I 'm convinced that the actual cut off date will not be before June 30th and I have already involved myself in the opportunity to make some extra money, because here I have invested a good portion of time.

It's very similar to what I'm doing every day as a trader. So it was a great chance that I managed to set a real bet based on my skills by reading between the lines for this market called the actual cut off date.

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
MUFC said:
ari5323,

From my perspective I 'm convinced that the actual cut off date will not be before June 30th and I have already involved myself in the opportunity to make some extra money, because here I have invested a good portion of time.

It's very similar to what I'm doing every day as a trader. So it was a great chance that I managed to set a real bet based on my skills by reading between the lines for this market called the actual cut off date.
WHAT do you see for July 7,2015 applicant? Please predict

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My second theoretical pick is Aug 1st.
Frankly from the current point the chances for July applicants according to me are 50/50.

If there is no real and official news at the beginning of June and if I was eligible to apply in July I would start preparing my application .

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, my bet if nothing happened in July, bye bye implementation, 2016 will be the year of implementation and its all depends on the party that will be in power 8).

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
RAY2112 said:
Guys, my bet if nothing happened in July, bye bye implementation, 2016 will be the year of implementation and its all depends on the party that will be in power 8).
8) 8) 8) Keep dreaming. It's healthy 8) 8) 8)

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
buddhaB said:
Hi Ray,
Let me explain something to you,my friend.A nickname can be anything.It can be buttercup or buddha or Onedirection.Having a nickname buddha does not mean that person is following a particular belief or religion.It just a chosen name.Okay? It can be OhCanada,but the nickname holder can be a chinese in China.Alright?

In this forum,there are supporters and non-supporters of the Conservative government.Some people have not even read any Canadian politics textbook,but support blindly.

I do not care what political party leads this country.I care about rights and benefits of immigrants first,then other people.

Let me tell you how "some people" fool other people.They first say,hey ! this xxx is good for you,if you accept this,you`ll have YYY in the future.It`ll be better for your family and your future.Then you accept it because you believe them.When they Fxck you up,it is too late to protect yourself because you kept silent when it was time to raise your voice.

Some people in this forum talk "objectively" and tell us that this government with this Bill and BillC51 are doing good for our future.They encourage you to accept it.They tell people who raise voices "encouraging" sentences.They say you cannot do anything because you are NOBODY.

So you shut up and keep silent.Like First Nations did in the past....

I am nobody`s enemy.Is it necessary for me to explain longer my intention?

I am just saying to my fellow immigrants,let`s protect our rights and benefits and raise our voices and share our concerns.

I can leave and move somewhere else.What is going to happen to immigrants who cannot move away?

Generally people who have nothing to lose with the implementation of BillC24 support it.Some even do not read what it is.
It is Human Psychology.

Note: I am not accusing people with "unemployment".I just said,that person is writing too long for no reason explaining the same thing all over with different sentences in multiple posts.This takes a very long time to put together.Alright? People who are real busy in their lives cannot do this every day.Alright?

Thanks.
Very well said!

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
MUFC said:
For the applicants who are planning to apply without a good buffer of extra days, please don't blame CIC in case of issued RQ in the future during the process.
what about applicants with no travel history or one trip and they are sure 100% about the date of this trip should they also wait

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel Dream said:
what about applicants with no travel history or one trip and they are sure 100% about the date of this trip should they also wait
Think about it this way, The more extra buffer of days the less suspicious for the processing agent the application looks like.

For me the only people who will have good excuse to apply with the bare minimum or with very little minimum of extra buffer are those who will be very very close to the real cut-off date when is officially published.