24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
21685 said:
Today I called CIC and ask about the effective date and she was telling that it may not be effective this year 2015, May be it come into force frpm the next year 2016.

A very Gooooood Newssssss to All waiting to apply for citizenship sooon.
Wonderful! I will be eligible during October 2015. I shall start preparing for the application as of now :D

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
Let's be realistic.
If they want to implement it by June 1st they need at least a couple of weeks ahead. Which means that if in 3 days from now we have no official news we can assume that June first is not the "date".
My dear friend Mr Dpenabill. I will make it clear ,It's my speculation only. LOL 8)

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
All this speculation is pointless- all we know is that it will come into effect in the summer. To people who say it can't happen on June 1st: on what basis? They could always say the rules will come into effect the following week. I'm not saying that's what will happen but it's likely it will take effect between June 1st or July 1st.
Just a guess: I think it will come into effect by July based on google searching so much on this topic. There's a near consensus among lawyers, consultants etc that it will be in effect by July, which gives the Tories 3 months prior to elections to show that they're taking action on citizenship/immigration and any speeding-up in processing would be used as election propaganda. Just my 2 cents.

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The process will be faster when the new rules implemented... So, chill my fiends :)

anon123

Jul 19, 2013
TomTony said:
The process will be faster when the new rules implemented... So, chill my fiends :)
Good luck with that. It's safe to say once Harper wins the elections we should be looking for good immigration lawyers with good record on Mandamus cases. Why would they bother processing your application, let alone processing it "faster"? Lots of time till next election and little chance PRs they lied to will vote for them. Better to cut a few percent income tax from the top earners than to spend money on "immigrants".

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
For the grace of God!!
May 13 2015
33 days to my application "date"
8) 8) NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS 8) 8)

bigben3

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
I Know that the CIC Call center guys Information On the Cut-Off date is not reliable, but couple of them said that June 19th is for sure not the implementation date.

ottomancan

May 8, 2015
bigben3 said:
I Know that the CIC Call center guys Information On the Cut-Off date is not reliable, but couple of them said that June 19th is for sure not the implementation date.
Hey, have you called them recently or it is from couple months ago?

ottomancan

May 8, 2015
I just called CIC and the officer said the rule has been suspended so he said it is not coming in force on June 19th,2015 . He said the plan was to do that but it has changed and they do not know. So I assume we couple more mounts for Bill-C24 to come in force :) :)

ohms

Jun 20, 2012
ottomancan said:
I just called CIC and the officer said the rule has been suspended so he said it is not coming in force on June 19th,2015 . He said the plan was to do that but it has changed and they do not know. So I assume we couple more mounts for Bill-C24 to come in force :) :)
interesting news ottomancan.. I'll try to call to see if this news is consistent.
I do understand that many believe that call centre info is probably not accurate. but I think they are still the closest to the info source. definitely one step closer than we are. anyway I am not an expert like MUFC or dpennbill and haven't really done a lot of research.. just a casual reader of this forum.. will let you know what I'm told on the call

ottomancan

May 8, 2015
ohms said:
interesting news ottomancan.. I'll try to call to see if this news is consistent.
I do understand that many believe that call centre info is probably not accurate. but I think they are still the closest to the info source. definitely one step closer than we are. anyway I am not an expert like MUFC or dpennbill and haven't really done a lot of research.. just a casual reader of this forum.. will let you know what I'm told on the call
sure let us know :)))