+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
buddhaB said:
1) too much wondering about other people`s lives is not good for you.
Surprised you said that buddha. Weren't you the one who accused another member for being unemployed because he provided detailed answers. How is it that when you wonder too much about other people's lives its ok, but when someone does that to you, it's not ok?

There is a saying "practice what you preach".

Again, ironic that you selected buddha as your nick, as you don't seem very buddha like

Ray

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
For the grace of God.
May 11 2015.

8) 8) NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS 8) 8)

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
raymasa said:
Surprised you said that buddha. Weren't you the one who accused another member for being unemployed because he provided detailed answers. How is it that when you wonder too much about other people's lives its ok, but when someone does that to you, it's not ok?

There is a saying "practice what you preach".

Again, ironic that you selected buddha as your nick, as you don't seem very buddha like

Ray
Hi Ray,
Let me explain something to you,my friend.A nickname can be anything.It can be buttercup or buddha or Onedirection.Having a nickname buddha does not mean that person is following a particular belief or religion.It just a chosen name.Okay? It can be OhCanada,but the nickname holder can be a chinese in China.Alright?

In this forum,there are supporters and non-supporters of the Conservative government.Some people have not even read any Canadian politics textbook,but support blindly.

I do not care what political party leads this country.I care about rights and benefits of immigrants first,then other people.

Let me tell you how "some people" fool other people.They first say,hey ! this xxx is good for you,if you accept this,you`ll have YYY in the future.It`ll be better for your family and your future.Then you accept it because you believe them.When they Fxck you up,it is too late to protect yourself because you kept silent when it was time to raise your voice.

Some people in this forum talk "objectively" and tell us that this government with this Bill and BillC51 are doing good for our future.They encourage you to accept it.They tell people who raise voices "encouraging" sentences.They say you cannot do anything because you are NOBODY.

So you shut up and keep silent.Like First Nations did in the past....

I am nobody`s enemy.Is it necessary for me to explain longer my intention?

I am just saying to my fellow immigrants,let`s protect our rights and benefits and raise our voices and share our concerns.

I can leave and move somewhere else.What is going to happen to immigrants who cannot move away?

Generally people who have nothing to lose with the implementation of BillC24 support it.Some even do not read what it is.
It is Human Psychology.

Note: I am not accusing people with "unemployment".I just said,that person is writing too long for no reason explaining the same thing all over with different sentences in multiple posts.This takes a very long time to put together.Alright? People who are real busy in their lives cannot do this every day.Alright?

Thanks.

bananaman

Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I am gauging the sentiment of this forum correctly, it seems like June 1st is rapidly disappearing at a realistic implementation date in many people's opinion. However, there also seems to be several opinions that C24 will be implemented without, or with very little, warning. In this case, why is June 1st less likely as we get closer, if generally we should expect hardly any notice to be given?

This is important to me as I can just about get an application to CIC on Friday 29th May with exactly 1095 days. But if I knew or was very confident that June 1 would not be the date, I would probably wait and submit in the first week of June to give myself a week or so of buffer.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
bananaman said:
If I am gauging the sentiment of this forum correctly, it seems like June 1st is rapidly disappearing at a realistic implementation date in many people's opinion. However, there also seems to be several opinions that C24 will be implemented without, or with very little, warning. In this case, why is June 1st less likely as we get closer, if generally we should expect hardly any notice to be given?

This is important to me as I can just about get an application to CIC on Friday 29th May with exactly 1095 days. But if I knew or was very confident that June 1 would not be the date, I would probably wait and submit in the first week of June to give myself a week or so of buffer.
So what's wrong waiting for may 29 and if there is no news you can submit it 10-15 days later.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Every time when something that big is about to happen, there have always been official final notice published way before the actual enforcement.
There is no reason to believe that exactly this time there will be no notice or short notice.

Every time when am immigration change is going to happen which affects the people directly- the cut off date have been published long before the actual cut off date.

This can't be compared with the notices with the fees or with the notices of internal changes. Here the situation is completely different.

There is no reason somebody to think that exactly this time for the first time in history there will be no notice or short notice for something that big.

The people who think that there will be no notice or short notice are seeders of unfounded paranoia.

bananaman

Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
So what's wrong waiting for may 29 and if there is no news you can submit it 10-15 days later.
I'll need to be sending my application on May 26 to get it there in time, even with a pricey courier service (I'm on the west coast). My fear is that I wait to add some buffer time only then to find out it's too late.

MUFC said:
Every time when something that big is about to happen, there have always been official final notice published way before the actual enforcement.
There is no reason to believe that exactly this time there will be no notice or short notice.

Every time when am immigration change is going to happen which affects the people directly- the cut off date have been published long before the actual cut off date.

This can't be compared with the notices with the fees or with the notices of internal changes. Here the situation is completely different.

There is no reason somebody to think that exactly this time for the first time in history there will be no notice or short notice for something that big.

The people who think that there will be no notice or short notice are seeders of unfounded paranoia.
I hope this is true... I'm leaning towards not submitting until 1st week of June (assuming no announcement is made before then).

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
bananaman said:
Just FYI, you have to send your application at least on your 1096th day, not before, so in theory you can send your application on Saturday May 30th. You cannot mail it before you reach the 1096 mark and time it so it reaches the Sydney office at your minimum eligible time.

Hope this helps.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
MUFC said:

Not even mentioning Election. And the symbolic Canadain day

bananaman

Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LostinCalgary said:
Just FYI, you have to send your application at least on your 1096th day, not before, so in theory you can send your application on Saturday May 30th. You cannot mail it before you reach the 1096 mark and time it so it reaches the Sydney office at your minimum eligible time.

Hope this helps.
Is this the day after the date given by the online calculator? I need to double check my dates still but based on what I entered, the date the calculator says I can apply is May 26th. Would I have to wait until the 27th even though the calculator states that I meet the requirement on 26th?

Note that I was referring to the 29th May as the earliest I could have it arrive at CIC (with a three day courier).

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bananaman said:
Is this the day after the date given by the online calculator? I need to double check my dates still but based on what I entered, the date the calculator says I can apply is May 26th. Would I have to wait until the 27th even though the calculator states that I meet the requirement on 26th?

Note that I was referring to the 29th May as the earliest I could have it arrive at CIC (with a three day courier).
Do you realize that if there is even 1 day discrepancy between your records and the official records of your travels your whole application is in huge danger to be issued RQ just because of that frantic groundless paranoia that there will be no adequate final notice.
I'm really afraid that many people will end up as non-routine applications because of that stupid paranoia.

bananaman

Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
Do you realize that if there is even 1 day discrepancy between your records and the official records of your travels your whole application is in huge danger to be issued RQ just because of that frantic groundless paranoia that there will be no adequate final notice.
I'm really afraid that many people will end up as non-routine applications because of that stupid paranoia.
I already got my records from CBSA so I can be very confident (although I concede not certain) that my travel dates won't be wrong.

It's a case of weighing up the odds of:

1) My application going non-routine, either because of a shortfall of physical presence days, a perceived shortfall of physical presence days, or just a general suspicion by the agent of a 1095 day application; or

2) An announcement is made on a date between May 27th and June 5th that the new provisions are either:
a) immediately in effect; or
b) that they will take effect on a date between May 30th and June 5th.

It does seem to me that the odds of (1) are greater than (2), but either has a chance of materializing so it's a decision that merits thought and analysis.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Frankly, it is time to stop guessing, and just watch for real news.

For those on-the-cusp, it is at the stage where all you can do is be prepared to sign and ship the application when, in your best judgment, it is an appropriate time to make the application, and in the meantime watch the news to see if, when that date comes, you can still apply under the 3/4 rule.

I have contributed plenty to the speculation. But for anyone who needs to make a real decision about when to apply, it is time to forget about the speculation and pay attention only to real news.

bananaman said:

Foremost, nothing has changed in terms of guessing or predicting what will actually be the precise coming-into-force-date for the revised requirements:

We do not know. To be clear, that really does mean we do not know.

Assertions and opinions to the contrary are mere speculation, mere guesses.

The only thing we now know is that the coming into force date is not May 11, 2015 or before. Sure, at this stage it is highly unlikely it will be May 12 or May 15.

Beyond that, again we do not know.

Making guesses two or four or more months ago, July 1st was the odds makers favourite, and that date continues to be the favourite . . . the favourite guess or bet. Other favoured dates, but not so favoured as July 1st, have been June 1, June 19, and August 1. Again, all these are mere guesses. It could be May 29 or July 17.

The only difference now is the extent to which real decision-making is on the line, particularly for those very much on-the-cusp trying to decide how long to wait without risking missing the cutoff date.

To my view we are close enough to when this is going to happen that any further focus on specific dates, on any specific guess, is counter-productive, blatantly NOT helpful. At this juncture, those at the point of making real decisions, taking real action, should focus on what is known, what their individual circumstances are, what their priorities are, and make the best decision they can for their own particular cirucmstances, their own case based on what they actually do know.

In regards to the coming-into-force date, all that is known is that it will be in the coming weeks . . . most likely within ten or twelve weeks at the very most . . . potentially later this week.

My guess, for example, is still June 1st (since nothing at all has changed since I made this guess many months ago). But at this stage I hesitate to even say this now, let alone put any emphasis on it, because it is just a guess, not something anyone should rely on in deciding for themselves when to sign and ship the application.

bananaman said:
I'll need to be sending my application on May 26 to get it there in time, even with a pricey courier service (I'm on the west coast). My fear is that I wait to add some buffer time only then to find out it's too late.
In the situation posed by bananaman, for example, a rush to sign and submit the application may overlook a return to Canada which actually happened after midnight, thus a day later than thought, and run into potentially being denied for being short. And, after all, a rush to be sure the application arrives at CPC-Sydney on May 29th may be rendered futile if on May 27th, publicized May 28th, the Governor in Council issues an order fixing the date to be May 29th . . . thus only those applications made as of May 28th getting the benefit of the 3/4 rule with potential credit for time in Canada prior to landing.

Many want to know. But we do not know. We will not know until there is some formal announcement or the Governor in Council actually issues the order.

Many are on-the-cusp, and anxious. Hopefully the government will show some compassion and approach this so that there is at least a week's notice, so applicants can make rational decisions about when to actually send off the application.

For those coming down to the wire now . . . including anyone who is now reaching the 1095 day APP threshold, not just those approaching the threshold near the end of this month or next month or in July . . . all you can do is have everything prepared and watch for the news, and once you are past the 1095 day APP threshold (as oft reminded, the applicant must meet the qualifications as of the day before the application is signed), use your best judgment to decide when to actually sign and send the application.

For example, for someone reaching the 1095 APP threshold tomorrow, technically you can apply (without a shortfall) the day after tomorrow, but it would probably be OK to wait a few more days (at least a little buffer is a good idea). But there is some risk in waiting.

As we get to the end of the month, and especially if we get into June and still do not know, the decision about whether to wait some extra days gets more difficult, more at risk.

There is nothing anyone here can offer which will make this easier unless and until there is actual, definitive news about what the coming-into-force date will be.

bananaman said:
I hope this is true... I'm leaning towards not submitting until 1st week of June (assuming no announcement is made before then).
This is in reference to the opinion expressed by MUFC which, in effect, assures there will be notice, and indeed quite a bit of notice, of the cut off date.

This opinion is speculation. I have my own speculation, that there will be some, but minimal notice. But my opinion is also mere speculation. Neither opinion can be relied upon.

There are many, hundreds if not thousands, who like bananaman would benefit from notice of the cut off date in advance of the date.

To be clear: there is NO reliable assurance the order will be issued by the Governor in Council any more than a day or so before the date fixed in that order for the revised requirements to take effect.

Again, I am expecting some advance notice, but having looked at many previous orders, unlike MUFC I see NO pattern and particularly NO pattern of the sort MUFC purports to have seen in the implementation of previous legislation by this government. If anything, it appears that such orders are usually issued no more than a day or three prior to the date fixed for their coming into force.

I agree that the context for this particular change is such that at least some notice (of the actual date) would be reasonable and that virtually no notice would likely cause both a rash of problems (for CIC as well as applicants) and an unseemly outcry, neither of which a sitting government would ordinarily let happen with an election pending so soon.

But again it warrants remembering that NOTICE of these changes has already been given, in the announcements CIC published last June, and by publication of the SCCA, the Act itself, in the Gazette also last summer.

The notice those on-the-cusp are concerned about, including those in a situation like bananaman, is only notice as to the exact, actual date of implementation. From the government's perspective the precise date itself is more or less a bureaucratic technicality, a formality.

Thus, again, repeating myself for emphasis:

For those on-the-cusp, it is at the stage where all you can do is be prepared to sign and ship the application when, in your best judgment, it is an appropriate time to make the application, and in the meantime watch the news to see if, when that date comes, you can still apply under the 3/4 rule.

For anyone who needs to make a real decision about when to apply, it is time to forget about the speculation and pay attention only to real news.

And note: Yes, there will be dozens or hundreds, perhaps even thousands, who get very, very close but are cut off. This is going to be a heartbreaker for more than a few who will be poised to put pen to paper and then learn they have to wait another year, or more. This is going to happen. We have had notice this was going to happen for nearly a year.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bananaman said:
I already got my records from CBSA so I can be very confident (although I concede not certain) that my travel dates won't be wrong.

It's a case of weighing up the odds of:

1) My application going non-routine, either because of a shortfall of physical presence days, a perceived shortfall of physical presence days, or just a general suspicion by the agent of a 1095 day application; or

2) An announcement is made on a date between May 27th and June 5th that the new provisions are either:
a) immediately in effect; or
b) that they will take effect on a date between May 30th and June 5th.

It does seem to me that the odds of (1) are greater than (2), but either has a chance of materializing so it's a decision that merits thought and analysis.
It is also possible right before the announcement a meteor to hit the earth and all of us to vanish.

Absolutely possible to happen.

You people are really freaking out for no reason.

bananaman

Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpenabill said:

For anyone who needs to make a real decision about when to apply, it is time to forget about the speculation and pay attention only to real news.
The trouble, dpenabill, is that we're working with an absence of real news. So we have to make our decisions based on a prediction of what the real news will be, and when it will come.

If I send off my application on May 26/27 and it turns into a non-routine application and the coming-into-force-date isn't much later, I'll wish I had waited.

If I wait until June and miss the cut off, I'll wish I had submitted at 1095 days.

So in order to decide what makes most sense, we need to speculate on the possible outcomes, scenarios and chances.