+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education questions

harrypilgrim1

Apr 10, 2024
Does a 3 year apprenticeship as an electrician IN THE UK, count towards the post-secondary education requirement?

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

harrypilgrim1

Apr 10, 2024
w
What does your ECA say? Or if you want to Canadian DLI, what diploma do you have. Working as an apprentice is not post secondary education.
What does your ECA say? Or if you want to Canadian DLI, what diploma do you have. Working as an apprentice is not post secondary education.
The apprenticeship would have been done in the UK, if for say the apprenticeship took 3 years to do and I gained a level 3 diploma and NVQ etc, would that be eligible for the “Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, or equal” box?

I haven’t done the ECA, Im just trying to find out if what I said would count in the future.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
w

The apprenticeship would have been done in the UK, if for say the apprenticeship took 3 years to do and I gained a level 3 diploma and NVQ etc, would that be eligible for the “Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, or equal” box?

I haven’t done the ECA, Im just trying to find out if what I said would count in the future.
I cannot tell you as you will only know when ECA is completed. You can use the tool on WES to find out but may not be 100% accurate. There are past threads on your question so use the search function.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-needed.275199/