+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed

paul1774

Jan 6, 2015
I filled all the forms for express entry and it said that I qualified to apply ,I then filled a official expression of interest and submitted it ,ielts score 8 ,I also got a eca from wes who by the way are the biggest con artists of the whole site, you cannot get hold of anyone to talk to from them. I have a nvq level 3 in refrigeration and air con but they did not recognise it after I had paid for all my certificates to be sent to them at great expense to my self ? w______s. so they sent back that I only have a secondary school diploma is this why I am not qualifying for the express entry. This is driving me mad and im at a loss

jassu2

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes.. tat basically means u r gettin score of only 12th pass and not of bachelors degree.. its actually a big loss in points..

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am sorry. I did a quick google to find out equivalency of NVQ3 and the following came up.

Canuckabroad dot com
-NVQ3 = Grade 12/13 advanced level H/S diploma (for university entrance), or a two year Canadian college diploma (1500+hrs of classroom time)

-NVQ 4 = Three year (Full-Time) Canadian college diploma (2400 hrs approx of classroom time) or completion of 2-years of a University degree

paul1774

Jan 6, 2015
so what does that mean ,how do I put that in the express entry application ? and does that mean that I qualify for express entry .I have 20+ years experience in the trade.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am not an expert, but what that link told me was your education was inline with what WES said so you have to select the closest option to GR 12/13 HS. Have you researched the education requirements to do your line of work in Canada? All the best.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from what i can find on google, nvq level 3 is equivalent to sixth form or a-levels... so secondary school? if thats the case the wes report is correct. its equal to a high school diploma here.

Reactions: KOKIKKK

pranavu12

Oct 13, 2014
@Paul1774 Same is the case with me. I have a 3 years diploma in Electronics and telecommunication. WES says it is 2 years high school diploma, but that does not stop you from getting inside the pool... I am already in.

Reactions: nicholasLin

paul1774

Jan 6, 2015
what did you put down in your expression of interest, im at a total loss, even though I have 20 years experience in the trade I cannot go to Canada because they say im not qualified enough ????

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
your experience is pretty irrelevant, to qualify for most streams a year's skilled experience is enough.
then you're judged on your age, education and transferability factors - how well they think you'd adjust to living in Canada, based on language skills, age, education and work experience.

what's it saying as the reason for you being ineligible? your education scores would be low but i don't think there's a threshold..what NOC are you using?

paul1774

Jan 6, 2015
on the initial noc number it asked for I used 2132-mechanical engineers as I could not find refrigeration engineers on the list but when I came to putting in my work history I then found 7313 ref+air con mechanics, I cannot find a way back to change the 2132 no if I need to ,what number would I come under on the initial list and how do I change that ,is it best to do a complete new application and wipe the one I've got off.

Sighman

Feb 12, 2015
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi paul1774,

I too am a 7313 with a NVQ3 - I sent this off to WES back in feb, still waiting. If it comes back as high school diploma I will be very disappointed, its a three year apprenticship!
After reading your post I have emailed city and guilds requesting the course handbooks...I would say that the NVQ3 is equivalent to
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute ?

You can edit ANYTHING on your EE profile

Log into MyCIC and click on status of application, then when you have the page with score breakdown etc and the very bottom is a blue box that says 'View Submitted Application' then click on the UPDATE button next to work history.......