+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help needed

paul1774

Jan 6, 2015
I think you'll find it will come back as high school degree sighman,but keep me posted. They class nvq level 3 as high school and no way is it a bachelor's degree they don't even class it as 1 year in trade school without 3 years that's why your qualifying on the express entry when you put the eca results in you wont qualify, I don't even have a score breakdown page as its saying I don't qualify. If I put down 3 years in trade school and disregard the eca will I qualify ??,but what happens if I get asked to emigrate and only show them that I have nvq level 3 qualification, even though I have 20 years in the trade will my application get refused on my education, saying that im more qualified than they class me as ???

paul1774

Jan 6, 2015
hi I think it is down to the eca report saying that my nvq3 is only equivalent to high school diploma ?? and that is why my profile say's that I do not qualify for express entry, what can I do about this I have 20 years experience in the refrigeration trade?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you put in that you have 3 years technical school you would become eligible, however once you receive an ITA you need to submit your ECA so they will see that yours is classed as high school diploma and you will be rejected. It also counts as misrepresentation which can come with a ban on applying for PR for 5 years.
I don't know, if you can get WES to reassess it, with supporting information that it is higher than a high school diploma then maybe you have a shot, otherwise if you're ineligible, you're ineligible.

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
My suggestion might sound dumb, but you might try to apply for jobs in trades as based on what I'm seeing, Canada needs lots of trades people.
Once you get the job, you will get LMIA with it, which will bumps your points up by 600.
I know it takes time for them to interview people before they could make decision, then they still need to do all the paper work, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Archers11

Nov 8, 2019
Hi everyone I came across this thread as I think I will be in the same boat when applying for express entry, this year i will be doing an NVQ 3 in mechanical engineering (I'm a gas safe engineer working in pressure control) and from what I read from your guys conversations I have no chance either!? :( it almost comes across as we ain't good enough to be a canadian PR