Sent along with application
File Transfer...
Hopefully, fingers crossed :)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO NO NO Interview Hopefully, fingers crossed :)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
I need experts and all the people who have knowledge or any information about ECA process. Whilst I do have some queries, I will also write here for whatever knowledge I have gathered so far for ECA process for Mumbai University. I am trying for FSW under 2174

To give my educational background, I have done Bachelors of Engineering, Computer Engineering from Mumbai University (Smt Indira Gandhi College of Engineering).
I joined this course directly as lateral entry, into 2nd Year because I had completed Diploma in Industrial Electronics from Fr. Agnel Polytechnic affiliated by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education.

Duration B.E - 3 years (Direct 2nd year entry due to diploma)
Duration Diploma - 4 Years (Semester Sandwich pattern which included 5th and 8th Semester as Internship / Industrial Experience)
Before Diploma, I had completed the Std 10th or SSC or Secondary School Certificate from MSBHSE ( Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education)

So in all 10+4+3 = 17 years of education.

Now that I have said my educational background, I need to know the ECA process for each of the credentials I have earned. Please let me know whether the info I have accrued is Correct or incorrect and add to this any additional details that you might feel for.

1. Mumbai University for BE Computer Engineering (Churchgate, Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth Bhavan, nxt to Sydhenam College) told me that I need to get the transcripts from the college from where I studied i.e. Smt Indira Gandhi College of Engineering. They (MU) will then attest the transcripts and sign it and seal it in the envelope. This envelope will also include the application letter that WES (World Education Services) has requested for as per the required documents section( in their site for India Maharashtra).This signed and sealed envelop will be then handed over to me to courier it to WES.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF MY POINT NUMBER 1 IS CORRECT IN MY UNDERSTANDINGS. (sorry for caps)

2. Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) is controller of the examinations for Diploma courses, (situated at Kherwadi Bandra). This told me that they have 2 things for me to choose:
a) Transcripts : Which is package of a letter and syllabus of the entire course I took whilst I was studying Diploma. Letter consist of info like "So and So person from So and So college/polytechnic affiliated by MSBTE had successfully completed Diploma in so and so field and secured X class (1st 2nd or distinction etc..) with Y marks out of Z. The course subjects and syllabus is mentioned from next page onward." And from Next page its bundle of pages of syllabus of all 8 Semesters. PLEASE NOTE SEMESTER WISE and SUBJECT WISE marks are not there in this package. They also said that they will sign and seal this envelope and I can include WES application letter here in this envelope.
b) Authenticity: In this, they will attest each photocopy of mark sheet per semester and attach a Letter. This letter is Authentication Letter that my mark sheets are genuine and true copy something like that...
PLEASE NOTE THIS INCLUDES SEMESTER WISE MARKS against ALL THE SUBJECTS STUDIED BUT THIS IS NOT CALLED TRANSCRIPT.

ITS CALLED AUTHENTICATION. They also said that they will sign and seal this inside envelope and if I were to include WES application letter here in this envelope, then I will have to go to college and get my photograph & college stamp in the application letter that WES has told us. Only then WES applciation letter will be encapsulated inside Envelope)

PLEASE SOMEONE CLEAR MY DOUBT HERE FOR POINT NO 2 WHETHER I NEED TRANSCRIPT OR AUTHENTICATION (sorry for caps)

3. I am yet to inquire about the process at SSC controller for my Secondary school certificate. I think this is at Navimumbai location

Thanks you for all the patience to read such a long story.

gandhinish

Apr 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
Any updates... please reply asap...

lids2154

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gandhinish said:
I need experts and all the people who have knowledge or any information about ECA process. Whilst I do have some queries, I will also write here for whatever knowledge I have gathered so far for ECA process for Mumbai University. I am trying for FSW under 2174

To give my educational background, I have done Bachelors of Engineering, Computer Engineering from Mumbai University (Smt Indira Gandhi College of Engineering).
I joined this course directly as lateral entry, into 2nd Year because I had completed Diploma in Industrial Electronics from Fr. Agnel Polytechnic affiliated by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education.

Duration B.E - 3 years (Direct 2nd year entry due to diploma)
Duration Diploma - 4 Years (Semester Sandwich pattern which included 5th and 8th Semester as Internship / Industrial Experience)
Before Diploma, I had completed the Std 10th or SSC or Secondary School Certificate from MSBHSE ( Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education)

So in all 10+4+3 = 17 years of education.

Now that I have said my educational background, I need to know the ECA process for each of the credentials I have earned. Please let me know whether the info I have accrued is Correct or incorrect and add to this any additional details that you might feel for.

1. Mumbai University for BE Computer Engineering (Churchgate, Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth Bhavan, nxt to Sydhenam College) told me that I need to get the transcripts from the college from where I studied i.e. Smt Indira Gandhi College of Engineering. They (MU) will then attest the transcripts and sign it and seal it in the envelope. This envelope will also include the application letter that WES (World Education Services) has requested for as per the required documents section( in their site for India Maharashtra).This signed and sealed envelop will be then handed over to me to courier it to WES.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF MY POINT NUMBER 1 IS CORRECT IN MY UNDERSTANDINGS. (sorry for caps)

2. Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) is controller of the examinations for Diploma courses, (situated at Kherwadi Bandra). This told me that they have 2 things for me to choose:
a) Transcripts : Which is package of a letter and syllabus of the entire course I took whilst I was studying Diploma. Letter consist of info like "So and So person from So and So college/polytechnic affiliated by MSBTE had successfully completed Diploma in so and so field and secured X class (1st 2nd or distinction etc..) with Y marks out of Z. The course subjects and syllabus is mentioned from next page onward." And from Next page its bundle of pages of syllabus of all 8 Semesters. PLEASE NOTE SEMESTER WISE and SUBJECT WISE marks are not there in this package. They also said that they will sign and seal this envelope and I can include WES application letter here in this envelope.
b) Authenticity: In this, they will attest each photocopy of mark sheet per semester and attach a Letter. This letter is Authentication Letter that my mark sheets are genuine and true copy something like that...
PLEASE NOTE THIS INCLUDES SEMESTER WISE MARKS against ALL THE SUBJECTS STUDIED BUT THIS IS NOT CALLED TRANSCRIPT.

ITS CALLED AUTHENTICATION. They also said that they will sign and seal this inside envelope and if I were to include WES application letter here in this envelope, then I will have to go to college and get my photograph & college stamp in the application letter that WES has told us. Only then WES applciation letter will be encapsulated inside Envelope)

PLEASE SOMEONE CLEAR MY DOUBT HERE FOR POINT NO 2 WHETHER I NEED TRANSCRIPT OR AUTHENTICATION (sorry for caps)

3. I am yet to inquire about the process at SSC controller for my Secondary school certificate. I think this is at Navimumbai location

Thanks you for all the patience to read such a long story.
1. For MU degree... youl need to go to Kalina campus with your Originals + Copies of Final year marksheet and cert.
Tell the officer that you need to get your marksheet & cert. verified from university. Tell him that you need copies of marksheet & cert. attested by university and sealed in univ. envelope. Dont seal your college transcripts. WES wont accept your college results. They only need UNIVERSITY RELATED RESULTS.
2. I am not sure about Diploma.... you can send both. Its better to send both because WES are very particular about docs.

lids

gandhinish

Apr 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
Thanks for the info lids... Kalina is a big univ campus... do you know where and which bldg in this does this...

One other strange thing is that people at same forum suggested churchgate... there on the instruction boqrd outside it was also writtrn in big capitals that No Urgent attestation for Canada by which i thought that it will be done through churchgate campus. But at Wes site do we have any contact number through which we could clarify?

you said that for diploma not sure but your suggestion is to send both authentication and transcript?

Do you know anything about SSC?

Also in the end will there be 3 different sealead envelopes? should i courier them in one big envelope or as it is 3 envelopes only. which courier services is best. what should be writtten on the envelope.

gandhinish

Apr 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
lids1234 could you please share your email or contact details...??

Happy Life

May 19, 2014
I have the following queries. Please respond

1. In transcript issued from college- it is mentioned the month of final year examination as Nov 2006.
In final year certificate issued from the university- Final exam held date is 2006 & Certificate issued date is Dec,2007.So what date I should mention under year of graduation? 2006 or 2007

2. While submitting the application, we shall submit the credential evaluation report from primary applicant only, Wright?? Shocked Huh

3. In the " Academic Records Request form" downloaded from WES site, There is a column named as " Year of Award". What will be the year of award I have to fill- 2006 or 2007

Please Respond.

Happy Life

May 19, 2014
I have the following queries. Please respond

1. In transcript issued from college- it is mentioned the month of final year examination as Nov 2006.
In final year certificate issued from the university- Final exam held date is 2006 & Certificate issued date is Dec,2007.So what date I should mention under year of graduation? 2006 or 2007

2. While submitting the application, we shall submit the credential evaluation report from primary applicant only, Wright?? Shocked Huh

3. In the " Academic Records Request form" downloaded from WES site, There is a column named as " Year of Award". What will be the year of award I have to fill- 2006 or 2007

Please Respond.

lids2154

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gandhinish said:
Thanks for the info lids... Kalina is a big univ campus... do you know where and which bldg in this does this...

One other strange thing is that people at same forum suggested churchgate... there on the instruction boqrd outside it was also writtrn in big capitals that No Urgent attestation for Canada by which i thought that it will be done through churchgate campus. But at Wes site do we have any contact number through which we could clarify?

you said that for diploma not sure but your suggestion is to send both authentication and transcript?

Do you know anything about SSC?

Also in the end will there be 3 different sealead envelopes? should i courier them in one big envelope or as it is 3 envelopes only. which courier services is best. what should be writtten on the envelope.
- Yep... Kalina Campus... Mahatma Phule Bhavaan... Bus No. 218(will drop you till the building)
- Regarding Diploma... If feasible, send both coz u neva know what WES may require.
Instead of them asking for any docs and wasting more days... send both if possible.
- Do not send SSC result. its not required.

lids

gandhinish

Apr 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
Thanks for the info lids. I have been to mahatma phule bhavan at kalina. I will go there. Please pardon me now, I am going to bombard you with plethora of questions... ;D

I request you to answer each of my paragraphs below as each of them is a seperate query.

There at Kalina could you tell me
what all things i need to carry? I am going to carry all the marksheets starting for 3rd Sem till 8th Sem i.e 2nd 3rd and 4th year. Due to diploma i got direct 2nd year admission.

Do i need to take convocation also with me?

At WES payment page, I saw that there is 85$ courier charges and total goes to 299.45CAD. Could you tell me what courier is this? And how will I be knowing to contact the courier service mentioned in Wes and for which they are charging 85 CAD?

Will I have to send Diploma and Degree 2 envelope separately or consolidate 2 envelopes in 1 and send them?

You said that SSC is not required. So in the education credential information at Wes site, should i not enter SSC information and only keep Bachelors of Computer Engineering and Diploma in Industrial Electronics? or Keep all 3 information and send docs of only degree and diploma?

Since we also have to put the application form signed by us that is mentioned at Wes in the envelope of transcripts, Should i include such form in both envelopes of Diploma?

Please also let me know should i pay 1st and then start all university things or i can pay later once my transcripts are received?

Thanks for all the time you put in helping me and many like me.

lids2154

Nov 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gandhinish said:
Thanks for the info lids. I have been to mahatma phule bhavan at kalina. I will go there. Please pardon me now, I am going to bombard you with plethora of questions... ;D

I request you to answer each of my paragraphs below as each of them is a seperate query.

There at Kalina could you tell me
what all things i need to carry? I am going to carry all the marksheets starting for 3rd Sem till 8th Sem i.e 2nd 3rd and 4th year. Due to diploma i got direct 2nd year admission.
-- Take all your originals+2 copies each with you. They will only take the university issued marksheet & degree cert.

Do i need to take convocation also with me?
-- No, no need of convocation cert. but why take a chance... take it with you.

At WES payment page, I saw that there is 85$ courier charges and total goes to 299.45CAD. Could you tell me what courier is this? And how will I be knowing to contact the courier service mentioned in Wes and for which they are charging 85 CAD?
-- $85 is the courier charge which is charged for them to send your ECA report via Canada Post.

Will I have to send Diploma and Degree 2 envelope separately or consolidate 2 envelopes in 1 and send them?
-- Consolidate both the envelopes in a bigger size envelope and send it through courier. I used DTDC. less charges(Rs.960[Regular] & Rs.1260[urgent])+convenient.

You said that SSC is not required. So in the education credential information at Wes site, should i not enter SSC information and only keep Bachelors of Computer Engineering and Diploma in Industrial Electronics? or Keep all 3 information and send docs of only degree and diploma?
--Enter SSC details on the website and also do send them attested copies of SSC & HSC marksheet & cert.

Since we also have to put the application form signed by us that is mentioned at Wes in the envelope of transcripts, Should i include such form in both envelopes of Diploma?
-- I think University wont include it. its just for their reference. You can request you diploma institution to include it. I think its OK if we dont include it.

Please also let me know should i pay 1st and then start all university things or i can pay later once my transcripts are received?
-- Its better to PAY first as you will get a reference number after payment which you can use it to track your ECA report progress.

Thanks for all the time you put in helping me and many like me.

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi "gandhinish" thanks for starting this post. I am also initiating the process of ECA for FSW 2014 program, and have similar doubts. I see "lids2154" have answered pretty much most of the questions, thanks for the same. I want some more clarity, so can you guys help me out with it as below,

I have done my Bachelors of Engineering (B.E. in Electronics and Telecom) from Mumbai University (i.e. college K.J. Somaiya COE) in 2004. As you would be aware in this course, only 7th and 8th Semester marksheet is provided by University of Mumbai (UoM), rest all are from college. And University has issued the final year certificate. So,

1) Which documents are needed by WES? i.e. only final year (7th and 8th sem) marksheet and degree certifcate attested and sealed by UoM is required?
OR
I additionally need to go to my college to attest and seal the remaining semester marksheets?

2) As mentioned by lids2154 (thanks a lot for this) I will have to go to Kalina Campus(Mahatma Phule Bhavaan). Any particular department on person I need to contact here? Any fees they take for this? And how will I collect the sealed document?

3) If I am collecting the sealed cover as above (i.e. going to UoM and collecting), do I still require to fill the transcript form at WES site?
AS far as I know, this form is to be filled ONLY if you want university to directly courier the doucments to WES, please correct me if I am wrong.

And finally any idea how much time UoM will take to attest and seal the documents and return to me?

Thanks in advance.

gandhinish

Apr 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
mits0829 said:
Hi "gandhinish" thanks for starting this post. I am also initiating the process of ECA for FSW 2014 program, and have similar doubts. I see "lids2154" have answered pretty much most of the questions, thanks for the same. I want some more clarity, so can you guys help me out with it as below,

I have done my Bachelors of Engineering (B.E. in Electronics and Telecom) from Mumbai University (i.e. college K.J. Somaiya COE) in 2004. As you would be aware in this course, only 7th and 8th Semester marksheet is provided by University of Mumbai (UoM), rest all are from college. And University has issued the final year certificate. So,

1) Which documents are needed by WES? i.e. only final year (7th and 8th sem) marksheet and degree certifcate attested and sealed by UoM is required?
OR
I additionally need to go to my college to attest and seal the remaining semester marksheets?
You need to take all the marksheets 1st Sem till 8th Sem irrespective of UoM or College conducted. University Marksheets are only accepted by WES. They won't entertain College marksheets. Also, I dont know what and why and how, but yes, Kalina is NOT the campus to be visited for attestation and seal envelopes. You need to go to the address I mentioned, Vidyarthi Vidyaapeeth Bhavan next to Sydenham College. I first went to Kalina and there I came to know from the person that you need to go to Churchgate.

2) As mentioned by lids2154 (thanks a lot for this) I will have to go to Kalina Campus(Mahatma Phule Bhavaan). Any particular department on person I need to contact here? Any fees they take for this? And how will I collect the sealed document?

3) If I am collecting the sealed cover as above (i.e. going to UoM and collecting), do I still require to fill the transcript form at WES site?
Yes you need to fill the form and include that in the Envelope. At this stage remember to carry two envelopes, One blank and one with the address of WES written on it. DO NOT USE ADDRESS STICKERS, only hand written allowed. One will be in which you will have all the marksheets photocopies attested by them and sealed. This will also have WES request for transcripts form.
AS far as I know, this form is to be filled ONLY if you want university to directly courier the doucments to WES, please correct me if I am wrong.
No it has to be included and UoM churchgate people will hand it over to you and you have to courier it to WES. One more thing, they are taking around 25 days. So start the process soon.

And finally any idea how much time UoM will take to attest and seal the documents and return to me? 25 days

Thanks in advance.

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Really thanks for the prompt response.

1) Ok. So I will take all the semester marksheets to the Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth bhavan (Churchgate). However, will they (university) attests all the marksheets even if 1st-6th semester is from college? OR they will attest all the marksheets?

Any particular floor/building/person etc if you know whom to meet there would be useful?

2) I didn't get the part about carrying 2 envelope (1 blank and 1 with address handwritten on it)? All the attested copies of marksheets, degree certificate and transcript form would go in one envelope, right? What will be the use of 2nd envelope (pardon my ignorance here if I missed anything)?

Sorry to bother again but just want to make things clear. I am actually in Pune currently and taking couple of days for this submission, hence trying to cover/understand everything.

Thanks.

gandhinish

Apr 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
mits0829 said:
Hi,

Really thanks for the prompt response.

1) Ok. So I will take all the semester marksheets to the Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth bhavan (Churchgate). However, will they (university) attests all the marksheets even if 1st-6th semester is from college? OR they will attest all the marksheets?
They will attest all. Take originals with you with 2 sets of xerox. 1for them and 1 for Wes.

Any particular floor/building/person etc if you know whom to meet there would be useful?
Dont know the name of person But its on 1st Floor.

2) I didn't get the part about carrying 2 envelope (1 blank and 1 with address handwritten on it)? All the attested copies of marksheets, degree certificate and transcript form would go in one envelope, right? What will be the use of 2nd envelope (pardon my ignorance here if I missed anything)? The entire Wes set they will fold and keep in your another envelop. 2nd one They need it for their copy.

Sorry to bother again but just want to make things clear. I am actually in Pune currently and taking couple of days for this submission, hence trying to cover/understand everything.

Thanks.

xperial

Apr 15, 2014
Hello,

I am in same situation as @gandhinish and @mits0829

Could somebody please let me know the exact procedure and Location at Bandra office to Attest Marksheets/Diploma Certificate at MSBTE, Mumbai
What is the time needed for them to attest the documents.

gandhinish and mits0829 i have sent you a personal message.
You can reply me on root.xperial@gmail.com