+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-mail notification

sarkris12

Aug 3, 2012
i have applied for TRV (paper application from India)on the 7th of this month, i got a text from VFS saying that my passport is released from the CIC Delhi.

My question is - do i get an email notification from the CIC if my visitor permit is approved/ will i have to wait till the ppt is with me to find out?

please reply ..thx

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
Well good news for us, we've got a passport request email. So 21 days after the initial application submission. However I think part of the delay was because we updated them with my new passport a week later, remember I am the British husband and my wife is the foreigner applying for the VISA.

Will hopefully be able to get home in time to send off today and maybe get it back on Friday/Saturday and start booking the tickets.

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
indianabones said:
Well good news for us, we've got a passport request email. So 21 days after the initial application submission. However I think part of the delay was because we updated them with my new passport a week later, remember I am the British husband and my wife is the foreigner applying for the VISA.

Will hopefully be able to get home in time to send off today and maybe get it back on Friday/Saturday and start booking the tickets.
Congrats mate! I am still waiting! lol

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This also happened to me today. I received an email this morning to check my status and when I opened my account nothing new. This is really frustrating and disappointing because I really need to be in Canada tom to attend my father's funeral. I guess I am going to miss it. As if it was not enough not saying goodbye to my father before he passed away because i did net get my visa on time. Well maybe they will approve my visa for the one year memorial !!! So sad....

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
MH_UK said:
Congrats mate! I am still waiting! lol
I think it's cause they had no choice but to sort it out once I gave a scan of my new British Passport. My original one was out of date so needed it renewed. Sent this along with an updated letter from my employer.

I think and it's only my thoughts, they are still in the process of trying to validate some of the docs you sent and in our case it was made easier when I sent the additional docs.

You applied the same day as us and submitted biometrics a day before us, so I would hope they don't take much longer for you.

I submitted the passport via special delivery yesterday and it was delivered this morning, so hopefully they deal with it today and return to us by the weekend at latest. I can then finally start to book the flights and hotels.

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
indianabones said:
I think it's cause they had no choice but to sort it out once I gave a scan of my new British Passport. My original one was out of date so needed it renewed. Sent this along with an updated letter from my employer.

I think and it's only my thoughts, they are still in the process of trying to validate some of the docs you sent and in our case it was made easier when I sent the additional docs.

You applied the same day as us and submitted biometrics a day before us, so I would hope they don't take much longer for you.

I submitted the passport via special delivery yesterday and it was delivered this morning, so hopefully they deal with it today and return to us by the weekend at latest. I can then finally start to book the flights and hotels.
Fingers crossed! Let me the date when they return your passport! thanks

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
indianabones said:
Application is closed and status is approved. So I expect the passport to be delivered tomorrow.
On which address?VFS London? thanks

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
MH_UK said:
On which address?VFS London? thanks
I sent them a pre-paid envelope, special delivery one with our home address on it.

So far we've not received anything, but I'm guessing it'll be tomorrow.

nvqjn

Mar 18, 2014
How long do they give you a CIC accountto track the status of your application? I have not received any. I just have one form the VISA Application Ctr where I submitted the documents, but nothing specific is there. I just finished my medical request 'though.

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
indianabones said:
I sent them a pre-paid envelope, special delivery one with our home address on it.

So far we've not received anything, but I'm guessing it'll be tomorrow.
Thanks buddy! I received the good news for passport request today this morning so would go to VFS tomorrow. Hopefully I shall get my passport by 22nd ..lets see.

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
indianabones said:
Passport received today, VISA stamped. So got it back on the 5th working day.
I opted to receive my passport from VFS in London so hopefully it would be returned this Monday. It has been showing closed and approved since Thursday. How long is your visa valid for and is it single or multiple entry? thanks

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
You'll probably get it today or tomorrow.

Ours is single entry valid till Sept 9, so about 6 months give or take a few days.

nvqjn

Mar 18, 2014
Hi how do I track my application for temporary residence? Checked the MyCIC but it's not available for that application. Help!