+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-mail notification

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
It's a joke really, it's getting to the point now, where I am about to abandon the idea of a holiday. I'm not taking a holiday at their convenience. It'll cost 20% more to go on holiday any other time of the year, that in real money terms is a lot.

When we went to the biometric center in London, it was quite empty. Only 3 people there in 30 mins, a lot less that what was happening downstairs. So it's not like they've been ridiculously busy it seems.

Just a long drawn out process with no end in sight.

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
Just when I had hopes the misery would end, we've received a fresh update.

"Your application is undergoing a review which takes an additional 15 to 20 working days on top of regular processing times. Once your application is ready to be finalised, you will be advised."

I hope you can all forgive me but understand why I want to say **** you Canada. All I wanted a simple holiday. I would have preferred a rejection in week 1 to this.

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
cindyqiao said:
Congratulations! I'm still waiting.
Not sure that's good news to be honest. They're basically saying wait another 4 weeks. You on the other hand being in Canada are probably going to get a more accurate result in terms of time taken.

I think people's comment are saying that it's fairly standard and they don't tend to take too long. Plus China doesn't have as bad reputation as say Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and some African nations.

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
indianabones said:

"Your application is undergoing a review which takes an additional 15 to 20 working days on top of regular processing times. Once your application is ready to be finalised, you will be advised."

I hope you can all forgive me but understand why I want to say **** you Canada. All I wanted a simple holiday. I would have preferred a rejection in week 1 to this.
I got the same bloody reply, I have got my travel plans set for 20th of March..utter morons! Its just a joke!

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
indianabones said:

Any updates mate?

indianabones

Feb 7, 2014
Checked this morning, nothing as of yet.

Hours of operation are 8am to 4pm, so it's most likely we'll hear something in the afternoon and evening when we do.

If and when anything does happens, I will post on here.

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
after two rejecton, it seems this time canada visa approved my visa. i am not really sure. they have sent me letter requesting my orginal passport.
I have recieved the follwoing letter:

'' This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.'

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
poppyweise ,
yes.
I am surprised if they really have approved my visit visa. two rejection in oine month! 3rd was approved :)
will update you once I have send them my passport.

missing

Jan 7, 2014
nadia601 said:
poppyweise ,
yes.
I am surprised if they really have approved my visit visa. two rejection in oine month! 3rd was approved :)
will update you once I have send them my passport.
Hey. Nadia in which visa office did u applied and did u applied online ?? And how much time it took to get approval

credo

Mar 4, 2014
First time applied for a Canadian transit visa online on the 2nd Mar. I got an email late last night to say

'Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information.'

However, when I sign in, there is nothing there and the last update from CIC is the date and time of application.

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
credo - the same thing happened to me - 3 emails in a week saying account was updated, never anything new when I logged in. I checked daily and finally saw a few days later the status was "APPROVED". However, I never received an email about this update.

guri3577

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2013
AOR Received.
30-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-04-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
AIP&DM: 30-01-2014
LANDED..........
25-02-2014
To everyone who has received that email, it seems to be a glitch. It happened to me as well but after a couple of weeks I got the good news and it showed online as well.

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Does it mean I am also approved or no? they have requested my passport but I havent send it yet. It will take me arround another week until I will be able to send it.
Status is still open
final decion: not yet
Kindly advise.
I have applied online this time. I shall send my passport to Abu Dhabi office