+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-mail notification

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
Anyone ever received an e-mail that their CIC account has been updated, but when log in no new information is present ?

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
I had this issue once. It was as following: I received an email, logged in and read an update. Then I logged out. And a few hours later I received another email, that there was an update. After I logged in, there weren't any news/updates. They are doing a big work for updating website right now, so it s probably just some technical glitches.

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Just in case ( nobody likes surprises :) ), I would suggest you to try login in another browser (for example, if you are currently using Google Chrome, try Firefox or Internet Explorer) and check it one more time.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
aminert said:
Same here. Email notification...no updates
How you guys get the notifications by email? What is the way to set it up?

grad_student

Dec 10, 2013
Same thing happened with me as well. I applied for TRV about 3 weeks ago. I got a notification email like 4 days ago that I have a new message. When I logged in, no new message was there. Good to know that I am not the only one getting these notification emails.

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Suin said:
How you guys get the notifications by email? What is the way to set it up?
Login into your CIC account. There would be a page Welcome to myCIC, YOUR NAME. On this page there is a section "My information", where you can set up/change email.

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
I email my visa office indicate the problem i received..I just received an email i got new message...letter to send passport to visa office.....The visa office in my region reply to my email i send this morning indicating..to check my CIC account i have new message :)

So CIC online prob do send your file to the local office.

Apply online Dec 27 approval letter Jan 8. ( after i email my visa office of email of updates but noting in my CIC account)

emailed visa office 8 AM got reply at 3 PM with updates in CIC and reply check my CIC for new updates. :) both mails 3 min apart

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
kingwil said:
I email my visa office indicate the problem i received..I just received an email i got new message...letter to send passport to visa office.....The visa office in my region reply to my email i send this morning indicating..to check my CIC account i have new message :)

Apply online Dec 27 approval letter Jan 8. ( after i email my visa office of email of updates but noting in my CIC account)

emailed visa office 8 AM got reply at 3 PM with updates in CIC and reply check my CIC for new updates. :) both mails 3 min apart
Wow, congrats! That s cool!

grad_student

Dec 10, 2013
kingwil said:

Where did you apply online from? Canada? I applied online from US. Havent gotten any new notification in my CIC account so far.
Can you tell me what email address you emailed to?

klaustacy

Jan 7, 2014
Hi gradstudent, I just received an email says "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information." But when I logged in, there was nothing new. Have you received any further notice? Did you write to them about this issue? I applied in the US, too. I'm an international student here...

grad_student said:
Same thing happened with me as well. I applied for TRV about 3 weeks ago. I got a notification email like 4 days ago that I have a new message. When I logged in, no new message was there. Good to know that I am not the only one getting these notification emails.

grad_student

Dec 10, 2013
klaustacy said:
Hi gradstudent, I just received an email says "Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information." But when I logged in, there was nothing new. Have you received any further notice? Did you write to them about this issue? I applied in the US, too. I'm an international student here...
Hey man, I got the same email about 5 minutes ago. But when I logged in to my CIC account, no new messages are to be found. Seems like the same issue are before. My application status says that it has not been started as of now.
I did not email them with regards to this issue. I am not sure which email to send this question to? I sent another email regarding a question about application process about a month ago to some of their email address. All I received was that they do not provide support in for application related issues. I am not sure whom to email about these message notifications. Do you know any email address we can ask? Did u email them?