+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

accounts

Aug 4, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
August 6 2010
in nut shell

Quebec Visa Holder can Land Anywhere & complete the landing & Immigration formalities anywhere.

Others too can land anywhere, but can Complete landing & immigration formalities at POE except Quebec!!!

newcomer10

May 12, 2010
Dear Qorax

I got my Immigration visa and I'm planning to do my first landing, the city stated in my COPR is Edmonton, But in case I would like to settle and do my first entry in Toronto or other cities (Except Quebec as I know due to different regulation), I know that I can land in any port of entry, But my questions are the following:
1-Can I continue my immigration process and citizenship process in this city or at the end I should go and settle in Edmonton?
2-in case I can continue the procedure in Toronto I must document my intention to reside and shift the file from Edmonton to Toronto? If yes, do I need to bring any supporting documents to do that from my country of residence now and from my home country?
Example birth certificate, job experience certificates, proof of fund.....

Your quick response is highly appreciated

Regards,

newcomer10

May 12, 2010
dear All

I got my Immigration visa and I'm planning to do my first landing, the city stated in my C.O.P.R is Edmonton (which is the city I mentioned while filling the initial application), But in case I would like to settle and do my first entry in other city, say Toronto or other cities (Except Quebec due to different regulations):
1-Can I continue my immigration process and citizenship process in this city or at the end I should go and settle in Edmonton?
2-in case I can continue the procedure in Toronto I think I must document my intention to reside and shift the file from Edmonton to Toronto? If yes, do I need to bring any supporting documents to do that from my country of current residence and from my home country? For example birth certificate, job experience certificates, proof of fund.....

Your quick response will be highly appreciated

Regards,

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
I am the principal applicant and my POE according to COPR was Toronto
Since my wife got transfer from the her current company in India , i am planning to land in Vancouver.

I have below questions.

1)Should pre fill the PR card form before landing or fill it after the form is given by Visa Officer?

2)My wife got a transfer through her current company.Should we inform this as the reason change in POE from Toronto to vancouver?

OR

Should i inform the Visa officer that i am moving to Vancouver because of weather is better and My friends have moved to Vancouver

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mailvdutt said:
I am the principal applicant and my POE according to COPR was Toronto
Since my wife got transfer from the her current company in India , i am planning to land in Vancouver.

I have below questions.

1)Should pre fill the PR card form before landing or fill it after the form is given by Visa Officer?

2)My wife got a transfer through her current company.Should we inform this as the reason change in POE from Toronto to vancouver?

OR

Should i inform the Visa officer that i am moving to Vancouver because of weather is better and My friends have moved to Vancouver
No action is required from u.

A. U can land in Vancouver, even if the COPR says Toronto. It's your choice.
B. When u land in Vancouver, 99% the BSO is not even going to ask u why.
C. If he does ask, then u can explain the spouse's job scenario.
D. Else, there's no need to intimate thensame to anyone all be yourself.
E. U don't need to inform this to your CHC.

Relax & take the Flight.

md_micro

Jun 29, 2006
Dear All,
I want to land in Calgary, but my plane rout is to have 4 hours transit in Montreal airport, Is there any restriction (Montreal is in Quebec)?
Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
md_micro said:
Dear All,
I want to land in Calgary, but my plane rout is to have 4 hours transit in Montreal airport, Is there any restriction (Montreal is in Quebec)?
Thanks
Not a problem. While@Immigration Desk show the BSO your onward flight tkt.

Qorax

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
Thanks for all ur detailed explanation here and in Trackitt.com for u do! God will bless u!
Quick question: We intend to fly into Toronto from the U.S, should we daclare $5k in that customs delcaration form or must it be just for cash $10k and above that needs declared? Our plan is to go with $5k and a U.S bank statement of $11k, is it ok?
Thank you!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jerry2121 said:
Thanks for all ur detailed explanation here and in Trackitt.com for u do! God will bless u!
Quick question: We intend to fly into Toronto from the U.S, should we daclare $5k in that customs delcaration form or must it be just for cash $10k and above that needs declared? Our plan is to go with $5k and a U.S bank statement of $11k, is it ok?
Thank you!
The Disembarkation Form, that u get at the plane, has a question on "How Much Amount r u carrying" (if I remember right). Not "R u carrying over $10K?" So, I guess, u'd have to write whatever u r bringing-in. But, why this question? Does it matter?

A US bank statement will be fine. However, totally the funds should be at least, or more, than the CIC guideline.

Qorax

jerry2121

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
qorax said:
The Disembarkation Form, that u get at the plane, has a question on "How Much Amount r u carrying" (if I remember right). Not "R u carrying over $10K?" So, I guess, u'd have to write whatever u r bringing-in. But, why this question? Does it matter?

A US bank statement will be fine. However, totally the funds should be at least, or more, than the CIC guideline.

Qorax

Thank you! Sure, we'll fill the amount of cash we have on the form + our bank statement when asked..

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
qorax said:

Qorax
Man, you sure gonna have a huge clientele, you are one damn good immigration consultant already made,(not in the making) it could be an another ''spare tyre'' LOL

niwrrehs

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Doc's Request.
January 2010
File Transfer...
January 2010
Med's Request
June 2010
Med's Done....
July 2010
Passport Req..
September 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 2010
LANDED..........
March 24 2011
wow that info is what i am lookin for..bigbig thanks

virgiemaricel

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2005
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
19-10-2010/ sent to CEM on 4-11-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
@Qorax: Sir, would there be any effect, if and when after we get our PR card, we decide to settle in Quebec? Let's say we find employers, will the govt allow us to work there?