+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOUBTS? "Can I 'Land' anywhere" matter -Which POE to Choose !!!

Doglover

Champion Member
Dec 1, 2009
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
@Qorax

Once again qorax rocks

filcpa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2010 (CIO-NS)
Doc's Request.
03 May 2010 (1st AOR)
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2010 (MRU) - 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
05 Jun 2010 (IELTS Exam)
File Transfer...
11 May 2010 (from CIO-NS to VO)
Med's Request
08 Jul 2011
Med's Done....
22 Aug 2011 (sent by DMP to Canadian Embassy Manila)
Passport Req..
08 Feb 2012 (via email)
VISA ISSUED...
22 Feb 2012 (delivered on 28 Feb 2012)
LANDED..........
02 Jul 2012
Dear Qurax,

Your post just answered the question that was on my mind since last month. Thank you so much for doing a great job in this forum. Keep it up and blessings to you.

gsidhu

Aug 19, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
under process
Interview........
Rabb Rabb karo
hello qorax
my question is , im having job(AEO) of BC and my brother is residing in toronto also i myself want to land in toronto.
is it possible for me to land in toronto beside of place from where my job is??
regards
sidhu

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
gsidhu said:
hello qorax
my question is , im having job(AEO) of BC and my brother is residing in toronto also i myself want to land in toronto.
is it possible for me to land in toronto beside of place from where my job is??
regards
sidhu
Yes, u can land in Toronto. Probably the IO at the airport would not ask u anything... but even if he does, u can always say that u r visiting friends & moving on to BC after some days.

It'll not have any adverse effect on your 'record of landing'.

Qorax

gsidhu

Aug 19, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
under process
Interview........
Rabb Rabb karo
thanks qorax for ur prompt reply
another question is that singhsaab is planning to fly by 1 of may and one of our friend suggested us not to carry any painkiller pills along with. so what u suggest??
regrds

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
gsidhu said:
thanks qorax for ur prompt reply
another question is that singhsaab is planning to fly by 1 of may and one of our friend suggested us not to carry any painkiller pills along with. so what u suggest??
regrds
'Over the counter' medicines can be taken to Canada -& so is 'prescribed drugs' with a Medical Practitioner's prescription chit. However, 'Over the counter' meds r always available everywhere in Canada [as with all cities around the Globe], so why do u want to carry it?

Your friend suggested u correctly [pain killers r 'over the counter' meds -unless is is more specific -aka pain killers with Hallucinogens, antidepressants, muscle relaxants etc.]

Qorax

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
qorax said:
Guys,

Lots of us have got the visa/s lately [2010]. And we are now having some doubt about our 'choice of landing', after being on this great forum & having surfed enough reg. various Canadian cities. Thus, the question, "Should I Land in the City mentioned in my Application/COPR, or can go to another Canadian city"?

Please be Clarified that:
As a federal skilled worker, we can chose any POE in Canada & complete our landing formalities, regardless of the destination mentionned in our Apps or the COPR, except Quebec* [details below].

Canada's immigration laws provide for a 2 step process for our visa applications:
>Step-1. The CIC/CHCs carry out stage One (read our apps processing system).
>Step-2. Carried out by an Immigration Officer at the POE.

Reg. step-1, we are already familiar. This is how we get our PR Visas. For the step-2 (at POE) however, landing is our "Right". Though not an 'automatic right', we must still satisfy the officer at the POE that our entry is permissible: A12(1), called the 'Verification of PR', outlined in Sections 19(1) & (2) of the Act. But, another thing is also involved in this step-2, called 'Completion of the Record of Landing' for admission into Canada, which is obligatory.

For this "Record of Landing", 'admissibility' is not affected by our choice of POE. All it's needed is to fill up certain forms, specifically the PR Card form (IMM 5444E), wherein we have to provide an address for card delivery. This can be anywhere, beyond the POE. This is how newcomers with COPR destination as Montreal-Quebec drive thru the POE of Sarnia, Bluewater Bridge. There are many other examples, but for brevity I just chose one.

*There is only 'one' catch though. For Quebec, although any FSW would be allowed to enter thru a Quebec POE, they cannot complete the 'Record of Landing' here. And would have to further drive/fly to another province (any) to report to its Immigration Officer for the 'completion' of record of landing. This is because Quebec needs the CSQ certificate to complete this procedure. Which only is for a Quebec PR applicant. (however, it is not vice-versa... a Quebec PR applicant can do all the formalities in any other Canadian POE).

End Note: Anyone of us FSWs can land in any Canadian POE, irrespective of what's written in our apps or the COPR.

Hope that's of some help.
Qorax.
Hi Qorax,

You mentioned about FSW, do have any idea if the same applies to AINP?

Thanks!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
BZ Mom said:
Hi Qorax,

You mentioned about FSW, do have any idea if the same applies to AINP?

Thanks!
Ditto. But the IO at the POE might raise a query as to why u r not going to your province, against which u can always say that u r sightseeing here, or meeting friends, for a couple of days & then shall proceed.

Qorax

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
Great advice! Thanks, Qorax :)

ayarrk

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Hi QORAX thanks for valuable info...

I landed in Toronto last week but as per CRPF i have to land in Vancounvar(BC)
coz I have an arranged employment in Vancounvar.

IO officer asked me why here ??
i said meeting few friends before heading to Vancounvar...
when asked for address for PR card when i gave the
address of my friends house he said NO..NO
" u are here on temperory basis for some times so he will not send my PR card
on my friends address"
and given me a PR card form n said fill up the form once u have a permenent address
and the agency will send the PR card directly to the address instead of my friends address

my question is I am planning to live here in Toronto and if i give my address and fill up
the form and send them. ( I have rented 1 bedroom apartment here)
Do They question me ?? regarding this or give me any hard time to send me my PR card.

please advise..
Thanks
RK ayar

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear Ayarrk,

That situation can happen with a very vigilant IO. Yes, with an AEO it is expected that u'd go to your province only. And when u state that the address is a temp. one, they r not supposed to entertain that anyway. 'Coz, the PR cards r supposed to be sent to a permnt. address, in Canada.

However, most likely the same wouldn't occur once u visit the Service Canada offices. Fill-up that PRC form with your Toronto Address & submit it asap to the S/Canada. Though they wouldn't ask, but if they do say that u have changed your plans & r now residing in toronto itself.

All the best !
Qorax

ayarrk

Star Member
Jul 29, 2009
Thanks a bunch Qorax for valuable advise..

now i ll go to service Canada offfice fill up the PR card form...
hope there will be no question on this again...
what i heard that once u fall under Federal Skilled Worker category (38noc/aeo)
doesnt matter where u live and work in Canada...(its ur right)

I just want to make sure about this and
i am waiting only because of this to apply for my PR card and SI number...

I hope everything will be fine...

suggesions welcome...as i am planning to go tomorrow...

Thans a bunch

RK

yaara

May 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Qorax,
thanks for this timely post. we received our visas yesterday and were so excited and i did found out that our POE is at Calgary and were wanting to land in Toronto to see some friends to help us out. so according to your post there should be no problem changing POE. May God guide all our plans. we thank you for the heart thats willing to share... God bless!

yaara

kabayan

Apr 28, 2010
CANADA
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-20-2010
Doc's Request.
10-18-2010; 2nd(September 2014)
AOR Received.
1st 10-18-2010; 2nd(London VO) 06-16-2011
IELTS Request
10-29/30-2010
File Transfer...
May 2012
Med's Request
October 2014
Med's Done....
October 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014 ADVO RCvD on 23-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 2015
qorax said:
Hi YI,

My view point remains the same... if u don't have an AEO, if u don't have friends/relatives to fall back on, if u r not a businessman, if your funds position is as bad as mine -AVOID GOING TO VANCOUVER... in fact let me be as clear as a Jelly-fish can be -DON'T GO TO VANCOUVER.

Toronto should be your first Port of Call. As I said in the other thread, it has the 'largest' job basket. Go there initially, take a job, stay for sometime; and then once u get another [better] placement, move to wherever that 'job' takes u. Vancouver is a dreamland, yes; But not all dreams shall come thru in realty, u know that as well as I do.

Take my word for it, u'll be happier.
Sr. Member PMM will vouch for it.
In any case I wish u all the best !

Qorax
I totally agree. My friends in canada also told me the same thing... If you are not picky or afraid of not earning money right away, there are jobs you can get into within an hour of applying....

msaleem216

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2007
Doc's Request.