+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does "Canadian Experience Class (CEC)" impact my EE score?

simon.s

Jul 4, 2020
Hi,

I am near to have a one year of full-time work in Canada (I need another month) and I will be eligible for CEC. AFAIK, the CEC is not a separate draw anymore and it is part of the General draw. If this is true, how the CEC will affect or impact my EE score anyway? What is the benefit of CEC if it is not a separate draw? If it is, and there is no CEC draw since 2021, why they don't remove the program anyway?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am near to have a one year of full-time work in Canada (I need another month) and I will be eligible for CEC. AFAIK, the CEC is not a separate draw anymore and it is part of the General draw. If this is true, how the CEC will affect or impact my EE score anyway? What is the benefit of CEC if it is not a separate draw? If it is, and there is no CEC draw since 2021, why they don't remove the program anyway?
Draws are open based on highest score or specific draws in tech, health, and trades. The benefit is that you get more points for Canadian experience.

Reactions: simon.s

simon.s

Jul 4, 2020
Draws are open based on highest score or specific draws in tech, health, and trades. The benefit is that you get more points for Canadian experience.
Thank you. So, it's all about the Canadian experience only. But that is not enough. With CLB9 and one full-time Canadian work experience, my point is 480, which is still considered a very low score. I am in Tech NOC. Maybe STEM Occupations work but that is quite unknown. The required points for STEM might increase in the future and I'm getting older (so, less point). No PNP option for my employer. The pointing system seems not fair anymore.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. So, it's all about the Canadian experience only. But that is not enough. With CLB9 and one full-time Canadian work experience, my point is 480, which is still considered a very low score. I am in Tech NOC. Maybe STEM Occupations work but that is quite unknown. The required points for STEM might increase in the future and I'm getting older (so, less point). No PNP option for my employer. The pointing system seems not fair anymore.
Max our your English language test scores.

Learn French to boost your score and take the French language test.

Reactions: simon.s