+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does anybody have experience with UK VAC in London & actual processing times?

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Mirza! congratulations! ;D ;D
BTW, if an application needs biometrics processing time will start after receiving biometrics.

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Bryanna, if that happens I will be overjoyed!! :D

I will be posting my passport to the London vfs global. On the website it says i need to include the fee (which I suppose is a little over £17), a cover letter, the letter I received and my passport.

Do I need to include the vfs consent form as well? I thought that was only for application submittions

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M.mirza said:
on the website it says i need to include the fee (which I suppose is a little over £17), a cover letter, the letter I received and my passport.
Do I need to include the vfs consent form as well? I thought that was only for application submittions
you need to transfer the 17.79 pounds to VFS. The account details are on their website. And include a printout of the transfer in the envelope. Also include a Royal mail Special delivery envelope. You don't need to include the consent form.

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi Hansi, it says £17.20 for passport transmission. Did you pay £17.79?

Just want to make sure I don't underpay. Thanks!

Edit: I suppose you mean transmission fee £17.20 + £0.59 fee service = £17.79

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M.mirza said:
Edit: I suppose you mean transmission fee £17.20 + £0.59 fee service = £17.79
Yes correct. That's the total amount they told me to pay.

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
I have posted the following today:
- passport request letter from cic
- my valid passport
- printout of the bank transfer receipt for £17.79
- prepaid return royal mail envelope with my address
- VAC consent form (They may not need this but I included it just in case, because it is mentioned on their website. If they don't need it they can ignore it)
- a cover letter listing the documents I have enclosed, and my contact details (mobile number, email and mailing address), my UCI and application reference number

Will update when I hear back, hopefully next week!

Also wanted to say a big thank you to Hansi and Bryanna for answering my queries through the application process! :)

AnnPCD

Jul 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hey Hansi,

Such wonderful news. I'm so happy for you :) :)

Getting a 4 years MEV (for a short holiday, no relatives/ties to Canada) is the best possible thing after the long, stressful wait :) :)

If you're curious to know what/why/how it happened then you can order GCMS notes.... by your timeline, the passport request came one week after you sent the CSE and the additional documents.

Enjoy a fantastic holiday :) :)

PS: AnnPCD, any updates on your TRV application?
Hello everybody,

So, I finally got the visa! I sent my application august 1st and got the passport request 9th, sent the passport 10th and got the online approval 13th. I'm waiting for my passport now. This is the list of paperwork that I was able to send:

-Application form 5257E
- Family information form 5645E
- Schedule form 5257B
- Detailed day by day itinerary with address, contact information, and estimated expenses
- Invitation letter
- My friend's birth certificate and payment check with current address
- Scholarship stipends detailed letter
- Scholarship agreement details
- Student status letter with key dates explanation
- Work certificate from my home country
- complete passport
- 4 last months UK bank statement
- 2 home country bank accounts statements
- House tenancy agreement
- Euro trip right after coming back from Canada: tickets, hotel bookings, and Schengen visa
- Return tickets UK-Canada-UK
- Return ticket UK-home country
- Detailed travel history (dates, places, visa duration, purpose of travel, last 3 flights return tickets)
- Cover letter with detailed information about my situation and ties to UK and my home country.
- Insurance certificate

So, that was all about it (quite a lot of details :().

Thank you, Bryanna and Hansi for such useful and detailed advice and support. I really appreciate it.

Ann

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi Hansi, Bryanna

In my application I had stated that my intended dates of travel are 13 to 25 October. If I wanted to move that back one week, so from 8 to 20 October would that raise questions by the immigration officer at the airport?

I will only know when my visa is valid from once I receive my passport (hopefully this week or the next) but was wondering about the dates with something personal thats come up (family reaching the UK on 21 October).

Thanks!