+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does anybody have experience with UK VAC in London & actual processing times?

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes I received a ghost update email once, but many people here have experienced it. I guess someone is accessing your file in the background and the system sends these emails in error, or it could be a glitch indeed. Has your biometrics status changed after you've provided it?

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi Hansi,

Yes my 'review of biometric information' status changed from 'needed from applicant' to 'not needed at this time' a day after I submitted my biometrics.

Received two of these emails since then.

How long after these ghost emails did you receive your approval?

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well funny enough i received only 1 ghost notification like that.. on a SUNDAY!! and the next Monday we got the passport request email! But we thought they are not working on a Sunday so this can be a delayed notification or an error... but I guess it was a co-incidence.. ::)

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi Bobojonjon, any update on your side yet? I have not heard anything yet since those ghost emails on Friday

Bobojonjon

Jul 29, 2016
Hey there , no nothing yet , i have sent them massage through thier web site but still nothing , it says 8 days but been more then 8 days ...
Lets we see

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
I noticed that the processing time has been updated to 9 days a couple of days ago. Getting quite anxious, because haven't heard anything since the ghost emails on 5 August.

I had applied in 2013, when I was unmarried, living in Pakistan with a job I could easily find employment in Canada for, did not have any travel history in the last 5 years, and mainly because I applied for 3 months, thinking if I get it I'll go for a couple of weeks within that time (I was very naive and didn't do enough research to know that was a mistake) so my visa was rejected. I have mentioned this in my most recent application with the UCI and application numbers along with the reason for refusal.

Could this rejection impact my current application? Even though my situation has completely changed since then

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hiya,

well... if your situation has changed then the past refusal will not impact your new application. I mean, they say you can apply anytime if you have lot of new information to provide, which is the case now.

It's not like you've had lots of refusals. So I wouldn't think too much of it! :)

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi Hansi

Thanks, thats a bit comforting to hear. I hope to hear something good soon! Do you know why your application took so long?

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

No, I have no clue why it took so long. 1 week before the approval I have submitted more evidence and after 1 week, we received the approval, so I guess this additional information helped, but it can be an coincidence.

I hope yours will get approved soon! Have you booked your flights yet?

M.mirza

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi, no haven't paid for flights but included partial bookings (before payments) with my application.
I have paid for travel insurance though.

I don't think we should be confirming flights before the visa?

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M.mirza said:
Hi, no haven't paid for flights but included partial bookings (before payments) with my application.
I have paid for travel insurance though.

I don't think we should be confirming flights before the visa?
No they don't advise you to have confirmed/paid flight tickets before you get the visa. We had everything booked and confirmed, so we were really stressed!

well, lets hope for the best!! :)

Paudelm175

Aug 10, 2016
Hello....i have applied online visit visa from ireland and didnt get any reply yet... If i got letter of approved where should i send my passport and whats the process? Plz help