+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you want US Visa Appointment ‘earliest’ date?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
These kinds of applications are no longer treated with prejudice, as long as you have documents proving that you have valid visa for said country for at least a couple of weeks (ideally a month or two) post the appointment date.

I've been told there's something official from the state department on this, but wasn't provided reference, and my google-fu didn't turn up anything yet, so take it with a pinch of salt - I certainly am.

Schengen is hectic, but not as hectic as waiting for 2 years to try and venture into the US when I'm just a couple of hours north of the border, lol.
Is this a new rule about no longer being treated with prejudice?

We had someone on this forum try this last year. Ended badly for him. He was not only refused but also ended up with a ban. Let me see if I can find the thread.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
These kinds of applications are no longer treated with prejudice, as long as you have documents proving that you have valid visa for said country for at least a couple of weeks (ideally a month or two) post the appointment date.

I've been told there's something official from the state department on this, but wasn't provided reference, and my google-fu didn't turn up anything yet, so take it with a pinch of salt - I certainly am.

Schengen is hectic, but not as hectic as waiting for 2 years to try and venture into the US when I'm just a couple of hours north of the border, lol.
My mistake. The indicent I'm thinking of happened in 2022 and not last year.

I can't find his post on this forum.

But I told him to post the same question a US forum. It's here: https://forums.immigration.com/threads/i-am-banned-from-us-permanently-while-applying-for-b1-b2-visa-with-212-a-6-c-i-please-help.346262/

Fbalancer

Feb 17, 2020
Is this a new rule about no longer being treated with prejudice?

We had someone on this forum try this last year. Ended badly for him. He was not only refused but also ended up with a ban. Let me see if I can find the thread.
To be explicit: I've heard this from a couple of sources but am yet to locate an official press release on it. Currently, on their website, it still clearly states that applying from a place other than your country of residence might cause the application to undergo additional scrutiny.

My mistake. The indicent I'm thinking of happened in 2022 and not last year.

I can't find his post on this forum.

But I told him to post the same question a US forum. It's here: https://forums.immigration.com/threads/i-am-banned-from-us-permanently-while-applying-for-b1-b2-visa-with-212-a-6-c-i-please-help.346262/
That said, this denial seems to step more from the refugee application than anything else. But thanks for sharing it.

Reactions: scylla

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
You should keep try every 30 mins in a day. And sometimes every 10 mins. When they open earlier spots you have just couple seconds to get it. When you see any earlier date you should choose time for that day but dont waste time to choose time. Just pick something and press ok.
are they taking appointments in montreal office too?

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
Guys when i applied us visa last year it gave me appointment date around 2026. And i started to check page all cities in Canada every 10 minutes. Sometimes every 5 minutes. You should be very fast log in and log out and when you see open spots, dont wait for deciding. Just choose a day and pick one of the available time. They usually open available spots every 2 or 3 days between morning to afternoon. Dont try in night time. It doesnt work. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: ref19to22

adha

Oct 31, 2018
Guys when i applied us visa last year it gave me appointment date around 2026. And i started to check page all cities in Canada every 10 minutes. Sometimes every 5 minutes. You should be very fast log in and log out and when you see open spots, dont wait for deciding. Just choose a day and pick one of the available time. They usually open available spots every 2 or 3 days between morning to afternoon. Dont try in night time. It doesnt work. Good luck.
Do you know that when they open new spots, do they open them for immediate days / months or do they open them for the time around first available slots (like Feb 2026 right now)

Canadagirl23

Feb 17, 2023
Did you get a closer date ?

Canadagirl23

Feb 17, 2023
I tried rescheduling last march and i found availability for may. I found it in 2 days.
What time of the day did you try rescheduling because it shows no available appointment in the morning till 8PM at night then the appointment is open .
All days are 2025 December to 2026