Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akrum66 said:
It is unfair to analyze job market and job availability in Canada without comparing situation at back home country.
You must be kidding right! These people came to Canada because Canada job market required them. These people came here because our economy needs them according to government!!
If the government did not conduct an efficient analysis of their needs and demands that is NOT the mistake of "Skilled Worker/Professional immigrants".

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akrum66 said:
It is unfair to analyze job market and job availability in Canada without comparing situation at back home country.
Yes, a friend of mine always said Canada is in recession compare to the booming economy in China.

Dr Eng X said:
You must be kidding right! These people came to Canada because Canada job market required them. These people came here because our economy needs them according to government!!
You are kidding! Government make mistakes too. The same friend came to Canada thru Skilled worker a few years ago, but did not get a job in her specialty. Actually there is no such profession exist in Canada.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Yes, a friend of mine always said Canada is in recession compare to the booming economy in China.

You are kidding! Government make mistakes too. The same friend came to Canada thru Skilled worker a few years ago, but did not get a job in her specialty. Actually there is no such profession exist in Canada.
I did not say otherwise. I agree

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
Dr Eng X said:
If the government did not conduct an efficient analysis of their needs and demands that is NOT the mistake of "Skilled Worker/Professional immigrants".
Very well said EngX. Most people seem to have forgotten this very pertinent fact at least for skilled workers who applied on or after 28th February 2008.

androme

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-10-2012
Canooknic said:
And all I was saying is that things aren't worse in Canada than other countries - I worked for a water company in England and it's no better there, I'm not in any way being complacent or ignorant.

I just didnt want people to read your comments and be scared, in the same way that I have made comments when people have been told not to live in cities because they'll get mugged or that everyone in certain provinces are racist etc.

I didn't intend to 'attack' (for want of a better word) your comments, and I apologise if that's how it came across
Well people should know the facts and truth and if that scares them then its a fear that is extremely neccessary and important. One of the main reason for this person in question to come to Canada is "pure drinking water" and I just wanted him to know the truth. I wasn't embelishing the fact nor was I manipulating it or lying to him. If the truth scares him and helps him take a better decision then I think its a good thing. But North Americans are pretty damnned for thinking that they have everything perfect and the best. Seems like the only information that is available to people outside Canada and who wishes to immigrate is all rosy and positive ones. They don't have any information or a clear picture of what life realy is over here. Admittedly, if you work hard and make some sacrifices there is a high chance that your life would be better off than whereever you immigrated from (depending on your situation over there and your definition of a "good life"). However, I think people should have access to both good and bad picturte of Canada to enable them to take an 'Informed decision". Even for people who are in Canada. For Instance, the car insurance or the mobile phone charges in Canada can be quite shocking to lot of people. Its so bad compare to lot of third world and other countries that some people feel stiffled and forced to abide by the charges. They fell forced to shell out the costs for these services if they wanna have an average comfortable living. Not luxury, however comfortable living. Now this might make people feel more dissapointed and also a failure. There are lots of countries where the insurance payment is included in the overall cost of the vehichle that they purhchase. This ensures that they are insured and they dont ahve to shell out $200 (on average) a month to insurance cos. In the case of mobile ph, the incomings are not charged in most part of the world. However, in Canada you are not only charged for incoming, you are also nickeled and dimed for anything that they can think about. All this adds to the negative experience of a Canadian life. I am talking about a regular person with an anverage or below average pay. The mortgage situation is another scam that I have heard a lot of people talk about and are dissapointed about. If you wanna pay off your mortgage sooner or earlier than planned, YOU ARE FINED. just like you are fined if you pay it late (which is okay). ALl this effects a person or family living on average pay and majority of the immigrants are on average pay jobs. The reason why Canadian cos and the govt can afford to get away with all these unscrupulous practices is becoz the so called "Canadian citizens" are compkascent and go about their regular life like nothing is happening and that everything is fine and dandy.

Look at the medical care sitution. We are only 33 million people in the country. There is a reservoir of talents and qualified doctors both who are educated in and outsidfe Canada. However, the wait timings are so high. Sorry so artificially high. The Medical care is in dire situation so much so that access to a doctor and hospital is even worse than compared to some developing nations and I am not talking about access for minor issues. All this so that they can privatize the medical care just like in the United States. I mean think about it, why wouldn't the insurance cos lobby our govt to privatize the health care system. Before they privatise it, they would wanna build up a case which refelcts that the public health care system is not working due to govt "REGULATION And INTERFERENCE". Infact they have already started doing that. Now you can say that no one's forcing you to come to Canada. I agree,however when people set out lookiing for a better life and when the information available is all skewed to make things look all rosy and dandy, you are bound to fall into the great white north trap and bound to feel dissappointed.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Thank you Androme.

I totally agree with the price of cell phones & insurance (I also worked for a household & motor insurance company in England so have really struggled to understand the high prices over here).
I have just taken out a phone contract with Virgin that gives me 10 numbers I can call/text unlimited for $53 a month, no charges for incoming calls/texts from them either....it has unfortunately taken over 18 months for me to discover this deal so I have spent a fortune up to now!

I am in Alberta so have been very fortunate with my partner having a career with a construction company, financially we are easily 150% better off than we were in England, I have also had really good experiences with the healthcare but I know people that haven't been so lucky. I've come from the UKs NHS so maybe I'm not expecting great things?? ;) I don't like the idea of privatised health care though, but that's a whole different political debate!!

It seems like mortgages are slowly changing and improving, my sister has just renewed hers and has an amazing rate and they are able to pay early without penalties - so fingers crossed more will become available!!

canloverdream

Jun 21, 2010
marcus66052 said:
I don't really like posting here any more cause people just don't get it.

Someone in here said that my problem is not just the lack of a job but that I am negative and don't like anything about Canada: I WILL LIKE CANADA WHEN I FIND SOMETHING TO LIKE ABOUT CANADA. Sorry, but so far I haven't found anything positive about this country: I need a job and can't find one. Instead what do I find? Trivial "education" companies trying to sell me education courses in tangential things like Microsoft (really? are u fu.cking kidding me? I'm a research mathematician and you think you need to show me how to use Microsoft Word?)

I need low prices to stretch my money when I don't have full-time employment and what do I find? Prices that are double what I used to pay in the US and a government that doesn't help at all when it taxes 13% on every purchase I make. Seriously? 13% Do you think a poor unemployed guy can afford that? Is THAT how the government helps immigrants here?

As bad as all that is, there is something else that just irritates me every day: it's the fact that, even though there are no jobs and prices of rent and food are high, EVERYONE seems to appear so smug and happy .... ON PURPOSE. Any time I voice a real concern, for example at a grocery store when I say "that's too expensive, I can't afford that" they pounce on me with one and the same message over and over "Canada is number one (free health care), bla bla". It's a message you hear not just from people but from other outlets too, the media, the billboard ads on the street, everywhere. I was eating a slice of pizza at Pizza Pizza the other day and there were these two guys on TV who were talking about amusement parks in Canada and they just kept saying "we have it sooo good in canada" I'm sorry but I don't see how you can have it good in canada when (a) it's almost impossible to find a full-time job, (b) even when you get a job it pays so low compared to the cost of living that you can forget about affording things like a house. This is the problem I have with this country. Everyone keeps saying this country is GREAT, but all they're doing is denying how hard life is here. Yes, there are people who are doing very well economically (there are people doing well in any country, even the third world countries), but that's not the question. The truth is, if you're not in the SMALL MINORITY of the highly-skilled people who hold the few high-paying jobs, your life here will be hard. You won't be able to afford any of the nice things of life that you see around you.

Call me negative all you want but that's just a word of mouth, and like they say "talk is cheap". Truth be told, nobody here can give me a real reason to like Canada.

Free health care? Sorry, that's not my problem. I don't need to go see the doctor. I'm young and healthy. What I need is a job that's going to afford me a home mortgage.

Clean air? Sorry, that's just another bulll*censored word* reason: I can't tell the difference between US air and Canadian air.

Friendlier people: You're joking right? Come spend a few weeks in Toronto. You'll be lucky if anyone lays their eyes on you, let alone say "hello". Take a walk at the Eaton Centre mall, and all you'll see is complacent people who just pay the ridiculously high prices for clothing without caring that they're getting ripped off.

Better place to raise kids? Sorry, I am single and don't have kids. I didn't come to Canada to raise kids. I came here to improve my financial lot.

Better education? Compared to what? the US? You're out of your mind. What you have in Canada is a million community colleges and small institutions that teach peripheral skills. The real research universities (where knowledge is produced instead of just consumed) like Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Princeton, are all in the USA. The world-renowned academics are irremediably drawn to the United States.

You can all talk out of your as.s but none of you can give me a single reason to like Canada. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Am I negative? You bet your as.s. I have every reason to be. To have to live in a country where I'm not really happy but I have no other choice, cause I can't get residence in the US. My heart cries out when I think of the good times I had in the US which aren't coming back, but I think I'd better stop here before I go crazy.

You have evry right to feel ripped off about Canada. Anyone that had a better life before coming to Canada feels the same way. Believe me when I tell you that you are not alone and i cant eeven count the number of times i have cried and asked myself why i allowed my husband to talk me into coming to Canada. Worset mistake ever. People here live in a a bubble, they dont know what a good life is that is why they feel that Canada is sometyhing sepecial. even in the third world country i came from i have never been as poor as i have been in Canada...this is just the reality, but i will never allow this place to stealmy self worth.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canloverdream said:
You have evry right to feel ripped off about Canada. Anyone that had a better life before coming to Canada feels the same way. Believe me when I tell you that you are not alone and i cant eeven count the number of times i have cried and asked myself why i allowed my husband to talk me into coming to Canada. Worset mistake ever. People here live in a a bubble, they dont know what a good life is that is why they feel that Canada is sometyhing sepecial. even in the third world country i came from i have never been as poor as i have been in Canada...this is just the reality, but i will never allow this place to stealmy self worth.
You must be kidding! People does know what a good life is. Walk along the seawall and marinas in Vancouver and Victoria, and you would feel how good people are enjoying life.

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
canloverdream said:
I only have a couple ofquestion
If you guys are so miserable here in Canada Why are you still here?
Nobody is forcing u

If life was so wonderfull in your country why dont you go back

People like you make me sad, alsays looking qt the dark side of things instead of the bright side

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
androme said:
Well people should know the facts and truth and if that scares them then its a fear that is extremely neccessary and important. One of the main reason for this person in question to come to Canada is "pure drinking water" and I just wanted him to know the truth. I wasn't embelishing the fact nor was I manipulating it or lying to him. If the truth scares him and helps him take a better decision then I think its a good thing. But North Americans are pretty damnned for thinking that they have everything perfect and the best. Seems like the only information that is available to people outside Canada and who wishes to immigrate is all rosy and positive ones. They don't have any information or a clear picture of what life realy is over here. Admittedly, if you work hard and make some sacrifices there is a high chance that your life would be better off than whereever you immigrated from (depending on your situation over there and your definition of a "good life"). However, I think people should have access to both good and bad picturte of Canada to enable them to take an 'Informed decision". Even for people who are in Canada. For Instance, the car insurance or the mobile phone charges in Canada can be quite shocking to lot of people. Its so bad compare to lot of third world and other countries that some people feel stiffled and forced to abide by the charges. They fell forced to shell out the costs for these services if they wanna have an average comfortable living. Not luxury, however comfortable living. Now this might make people feel more dissapointed and also a failure. There are lots of countries where the insurance payment is included in the overall cost of the vehichle that they purhchase. This ensures that they are insured and they dont ahve to shell out $200 (on average) a month to insurance cos. In the case of mobile ph, the incomings are not charged in most part of the world. However, in Canada you are not only charged for incoming, you are also nickeled and dimed for anything that they can think about. All this adds to the negative experience of a Canadian life. I am talking about a regular person with an anverage or below average pay. The mortgage situation is another scam that I have heard a lot of people talk about and are dissapointed about. If you wanna pay off your mortgage sooner or earlier than planned, YOU ARE FINED. just like you are fined if you pay it late (which is okay). ALl this effects a person or family living on average pay and majority of the immigrants are on average pay jobs. The reason why Canadian cos and the govt can afford to get away with all these unscrupulous practices is becoz the so called "Canadian citizens" are compkascent and go about their regular life like nothing is happening and that everything is fine and dandy.

Look at the medical care sitution. We are only 33 million people in the country. There is a reservoir of talents and qualified doctors both who are educated in and outsidfe Canada. However, the wait timings are so high. Sorry so artificially high. The Medical care is in dire situation so much so that access to a doctor and hospital is even worse than compared to some developing nations and I am not talking about access for minor issues. All this so that they can privatize the medical care just like in the United States. I mean think about it, why wouldn't the insurance cos lobby our govt to privatize the health care system. Before they privatise it, they would wanna build up a case which refelcts that the public health care system is not working due to govt "REGULATION And INTERFERENCE". Infact they have already started doing that. Now you can say that no one's forcing you to come to Canada. I agree,however when people set out lookiing for a better life and when the information available is all skewed to make things look all rosy and dandy, you are bound to fall into the great white north trap and bound to feel dissappointed.

Hi,

U have really made good analysis of certain things,i agree with many things u have mentioned.thanks a lot for bringing awareness on certain aspects.

"Canada is just another country with its pros n cons".many new immigrants think its better in all aspects in comparision to their countries.canada has definite negative things which many people learn only after coming while other r either ignorant about or doesnt want to accept or not affected(less probability in certain aspects).positive things like cleanliness,human rights,nature's beauty,low pollution etc etc r very attractive,however on the down side the country has drawbacks and middle class person is the one who is bearing the brunt of it.

The best time for immigrants to analyse things is during settlement time,during this time comparision definetely happens for certain people who had luxurious life or comfortable life back home.one will b ready to compromise but to what extent and how long and is it worth n in what aspects n hw important r those in ones life.these questions will arise and will continue to bother till they decide on country.my point of view regarding this comparision in the initial period is healthy in certain aspects n will help anyone to decide on things to compromise n will eventually give clear vision n full commitment to country.

As a new immigrant i had observed certain things which make life of a new settlor difficult,which i wil detail later.i started calculating long run benefits like financial stability, health(considering water,fruits, vegetables,meats,seafood,hazardous chemicals in air,ozone hole n the goventment support in medical care n my affordability in long run).i would like to share my observations,which i consider more or less as facts.

1.mobile phones --prepaid credit lasts only one mth,one cant continue credit for longer period( possible in other countries). its not based on usage.new immigrant with less network, surviving on savings is the biggest loser here.companies like rogers have got cancellation charges which i have never heard of before,this company also notorious for wrong bills( not expected in developed countries).

2.car insurance-new driving experienced immigrant is considered as new driver n ends up paying huge amt on car insurance while trying to get hold in country.additional fiancial burden.

3.banks--monthly charges on savings account,not a featute in several developing countries.

4.water --roughly 90% of human body is composed of water n its not 100% pure.i can take a bet that it doesnt have microbes but it has chemicals,astonishing in a developed country.water has high chlorine content,not expected.supermarkets have huge shelf for filters n bottled water,one can see chlorine in water-evidence water is not pure.

5.food--many vegetables r grown using hormones n genetic engineering,third world countries r not using these thanks to their ignorance,its a bliss.

6.food-meats, poultry n seafood, again animals r giving hormones n given prophylactic antibiotis never heard of this in third world countries.one cant get fresh meat or poultry or seafood (esp fish),people eat days old meat,fish or poultry,hw healthy?i dont want to go to details.

7.chemical pollutants--there r lot of chemical air pollutants in canada in certain regions,pls browse for urself if interested.

8.canola oil--another GM product widely used.the toxic chemical is reduced to safe level for human consumption n added with essential product to attract people.farmers n supermarkets r cashing on once industrial oil.

9.health benefits--this aspect canada is far better in taking care of citizens,however it has lot of loop holes.medicines r not covered(one need to hv good earnings to buy branded ones or patent ones or best ones).doctor to patient ratio is not met.definite deficiency of doctors,surprised by the fact that nurses r working as practitioners in cities itself,many people presume them as doctors,u can imagine abt remote areas.r these nurse practitioners better than immigrant doctor,i can take a bet there r immigrant doctors who r far far better than them n not absorbed into system.there r several things n i will try to post abt this later,hopefully.

Its a challenge to adopt to new environment,its healthy to compare certain things n decide on choosing country.if one expresses certain negative aspects it need not b that one is in depression,anxious or a loser or incompetent.i dont mean to hurt anyone here or spread negative vibe,all im trying to say is that every country has its merits n demerits n canada is no different from others in this regard.

Rgds,
Art.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
glowingheart said:
Nobody is forcing u

People like you make me sad, alsays looking qt the dark side of things instead of the bright side
I agree!

canloverdream

Jun 21, 2010
glowingheart said:
Nobody is forcing u

You can ask as many stupid questions as yopu like! Live in a bubble if you like. I have every right to express my views as i like just as you have ur right. If you are comfortable living in a shit hole fine who cares. I can stay where i want and do as i please so, i dont think it is any of your business why i am still here in canada or not.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canloverdream said:
You can ask as many stupid questions as yopu like! Live in a bubble if you like. I have every right to express my views as i like just as you have ur right. If you are comfortable living in a *censored word* hole fine who cares. I can stay where i want and do as i please so, i dont think it is any of your business why i am still here in canada or not.
But people does know what a good life is. Have you seen people driving luxury cars or simply enjoying life in their homes and hobby farms? Continue to live at bottom of the well, if you like. Otherwise, go out and see for yourself, explore Canada!

art2012 said:
6.food-meats, poultry n seafood, again animals r giving hormones n given prophylactic antibiotis never heard of this in third world countries.one cant get fresh meat or poultry or seafood (esp fish),people eat days old meat,fish or poultry,hw healthy?i dont want to go to details.
You must be kidding. I have heard Chinese farmers give hormones and antibiotics to milk cows. Haven't you heard the milk formula contamination in China few years ago?

Also, some banks in Canada does offer no monthly charges in their savings account products. You really need to do your research before you post anything.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
But people does know what a good life is. Have you seen people driving luxury cars or simply enjoying life in their homes and hobby farms? Continue to live at bottom of the well, if you like. Otherwise, go out and see for yourself, explore Canada!
Every where there are rich people. Every where there are good and bad. There is no perfection. It is understandable for us "Canadians" to feel offended when criticized however that is the unfortunate truth. Canada is not the place for advanced degree holders. That is very unfortunate for the future of our country. I have known many cases of great disappointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.