+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Children age 24

dpshah

May 2, 2007
No no I am not imm.. consultant. Just participating friend in the forum. But I want to solve your problem, just that, no more

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
Please help me if we still to continue schooling this June 2007 considering I’m 24 years old, and maybe the CIC may decide before our Medical Examination expires on Sept 1, 2007. Because I think we only wasting our money if we continue and it maybe useless after all they may decide with couple of weeks. Please give me advice ..Thank you !

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
Hello everybody may I know how many weeks or months left..coz my mother mail by CIC Canada to undergo again Medical exam since April 5 , 2007 coz of her High Blood,our(dependent children) medical expires on Sept.1, 2007. Thank you very much..

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
hello evrybody especially PMM,now and last the ECAS Of my mom in Alberta says DECISION MADE, and the letter to her says:
"We are pleased to advice you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canadian Immigration center in Calgary will contact you concerning your PR status.

The overseas office in MANILA will be notified to issued visas to your family members to travel to Canada. Please take this letter to the Canada Immigration Centre when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of PR document.

Please Note: At the time of your appointment, yopu and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) tonthe Canadian Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of PR status will be made at the time. If PR is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of PR document is your name it appears on your passpor or identity documents……."

May I know what is the final next step. Im still thinking if it is positive, and we have no to worry about. The expiration of our medical here in MANILA is SEPT 1, 2007..may I know if it is possible to extend this considering the issuance of Visa. Thank you very much.

kay_zzz

Aug 29, 2007
Hi Kristain

Please let me know the result of your application if you will get the visa or not. I am in same kind of a situation.

when is the appointment?

also did you join school in june?

kristian

Apr 26, 2007
Thank you, we are enrolled this JUNE 2007 1st semester in school just to sure we continously schooling even though we stop 1 semester (Nov2006-March2007), but we hope the CIC will in favor on us, the landing interview of my mom is on Sept 6 in ALberta local office,on that day they maybe give her PR and ours, but they need to notify the Manila Visa office maybe by email or fax to get our passport for visa stamping, if the case is okey, but I believe the whole process is over, and decision is already render, and the last step which is the 15 minutes interview which I think is for formality sake the fill up forms and asking about family background,etc.. May I know if you are a Filipino. Thanks you can email me directly at klegarda@yahoo.com. Bye and God Bless!

jessie_21

Mar 13, 2012
Hello!

I am 23 years old and I graduated from College last October 2011. My mom sponsored me as her dependent child when I was 22. If I do get a part-time job this February to May then I enroll in June, will I still be considered as dependent child? We are still waiting for our PR visa to be approved.

I am hoping for your response. thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jessie_21 said:
Hello!

I am 23 years old and I graduated from College last October 2011. My mom sponsored me as her dependent child when I was 22. If I do get a part-time job this February to May then I enroll in June, will I still be considered as dependent child? We are still waiting for our PR visa to be approved.

I am hoping for your response. thank you.

Probably not. As you were over 22 when you were included in the application, you had to have been in full time attendance at school prior to turning 22 and continuing in school until the visa was issued. As you haven't been attending school full time, since Oct/11, CHC will probably consider that you are no longer a dependent.

jessie_21

Mar 13, 2012
Sorry. Maybe you get me wrong. I am exactly 22 years old when I was included in the application and before I turn 23, the status of our application is 'in process'. Prior 22, I am in full time attendance at school. After I graduated in October, I reviewed for my boards November to December. Then I took and passed my boards last January 2012. I have no choice but to wait for June since here in the Philippines, the start of enrollment is on June. Will I still be considered as dependent child then if I enroll in June?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jessie_21 said:
Sorry. Maybe you get me wrong. I am exactly 22 years old when I was included in the application and before I turn 23, the status of our application is 'in process'. Prior 22, I am in full time attendance at school. After I graduated in October, I reviewed for my boards November to December. Then I took and passed my boards last January 2012. I have no choice but to wait for June since here in the Philippines, the start of enrollment is on June. Will I still be considered as dependent child then if I enroll in June?

You were either over 22 or under 22. If you had already passed your 22nd birthday when your mother's application was received, then you have to have studied full time, up until the visa is issued. You will have not been studying for nearly 9 months in June/12. Reviewing your boards is not "in full time attendance" at school.

jessie_21

Mar 13, 2012
My mother's application was received July 2011, I'm 22 years old then. I'm also studying that time up until October 2011. I've read in one site that ' interruption of less than one year in schooling and financially dependent to parents still qualified as a dependent children'. Is this true? Because we we're really confused about these rules. Up to now, I still don't work just to make sure I'm considered as a dependent child. I'm planning to enroll this June 2012

PALU

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March 2009
Doc's Request.
first request in march 2012, then PCC, medicals, other forms requested in Jan 2014. Sent in Jan2014
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
May 2013 to New Delhi
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
23 Jan 2014, further tests done on 9march,2014, results sent to Delhi on 13th march,2014
Interview........
dont know
Passport Req..
dont know
VISA ISSUED...
'application received' and medicals recieved (around 2nd may 2014).on ecas-----1 dependent less than 22 years of age
LANDED..........
dont know
Hi,

May i know what happended to your case? I am in a similar situation.

Is the following statement true?
'even if the dependent children has a gap of less than 1 year in his/her studies but he/she remain dependent on parent for financial support, he will still be considered as dependent'?

is this written on the official CIC website?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PALU said:
Hi,

May i know what happended to your case? I am in a similar situation.

Is the following statement true?
'even if the dependent children has a gap of less than 1 year in his/her studies but he/she remain dependent on parent for financial support, he will still be considered as dependent'?

is this written on the official CIC website?
No - this statement isn't true and you won't find it on any CIC website. If you were over 22 when the application was submitted then you must remain in school full time until the visa is issued to still be considered as a dependent.

PALU

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March 2009
Doc's Request.
first request in march 2012, then PCC, medicals, other forms requested in Jan 2014. Sent in Jan2014
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
May 2013 to New Delhi
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
23 Jan 2014, further tests done on 9march,2014, results sent to Delhi on 13th march,2014
Interview........
dont know
Passport Req..
dont know
VISA ISSUED...
'application received' and medicals recieved (around 2nd may 2014).on ecas-----1 dependent less than 22 years of age
LANDED..........
dont know
Many thanks for your kind reply!!

Just to confirm, this continuous study restriction is only for children who were over the age of 22 at the time of application submission.

This has nothing to do with dependent children who were less than 22 years of age at the time the application was received at CPC-M. Does it mean whether they continue their study or have a break in between, the rules won't apply to them and there is no impact to issuance of their visa?
I am talking about 'depednet type A' at the time of application submission?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
PALU said:
Many thanks for your kind reply!!

Just to confirm, this continuous study restriction is only for children who were over the age of 22 at the time of application submission.

This has nothing to do with dependent children who were less than 22 years of age at the time the application was received at CPC-M. Does it mean whether they continue their study or have a break in between, the rules won't apply to them and there is no impact to issuance of their visa?
I am talking about 'depednet type A' at the time of application submission?
Education requirements does not apply to dependent children under age of 22 and single as they fall under dependent A category.