+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

wiebeclark

Nov 8, 2021
We're currently applying for our daughter, and I think we're good to good in two weeks. There are still some issues with the paperwork, but we hope we'll sort it out in time. Is there anyone who has submitted their application yet? If yes, would you mind answering a few questions? By the way, we've also been thinking of becoming foster parents soon, but we're not sure if this will stop us from getting the sponsorship? Does anyone have a clue? P.S. For those interested in becoming foster parents as well, please check more information on https://fosterplus.org .

Reactions: lekanhamdalat

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
We're currently applying for our daughter, and I think we're good to good in two weeks. There are still some issues with the paperwork, but we hope we'll sort it out in time. Is there anyone who has submitted their application yet? If yes, would you mind answering a few questions? By the way, we've also been thinking of becoming foster parents soon, but we're not sure if this will stop us from getting the sponsorship? Does anyone have a clue? P.S. For those interested in becoming foster parents as well, please check more information on https://fosterplus.org .
I submitted my son's application in August. We are currently at the passport submission stage. Throw ur questions... People will assist you which ever way they can

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
I applied for PR (Dependent Child) using the new portal https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en since the Child is US Born. Any idea how long it takes for the application submitted through new portal. My understanding is that paper application is no longer needed for such cases.

We are already residing in Canada

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Me too.. applied online on 1 OCT. still no AOR. Let's stay in touch for any future update to compare shall we?

Good luck
I don't know how you people really found that online cos when I was trying to do that for my son, it redirected me to mail. I got AOR withim 21 days. But maybe you should contact ircc using web form that you sent online application and just want to confirm if it was received as you are yet to get acknowledgedment

code_chef

Sep 3, 2018
Dear All,

We are PR and our son was born outside Canada. We applied for his TRV and successfully landed in Canada. I would like to now initiate the process of his PR sponsorship. I was creating a PR application here.
https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en

I see lot of forms over there. I would like to know what all documents we need to fill from the list?

Thanks in advance.

gleech

Mar 3, 2007
For those applying online, and you encounter the problem I have on post #343

Please share on how did you solve it.

Thank you in advance.

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Thank you
We received an email today saying they would not process the gcms notes without signature from our son as he is over 16 years. Just putting this out there in case anyone else is in same boat. I do not think we will reapply as we have since received and completed medical request. Now just waiting for final decision.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
We received an email today saying they would not process the gcms notes without signature from our son as he is over 16 years. Just putting this out there in case anyone else is in same boat. I do not think we will reapply as we have since received and completed medical request. Now just waiting for final decision.
Thanks.
We've also considered checking GCMS notes. But was not sure if it would be worth the trouble. We're waiting 3 months since medical completed.

bwana

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
You can ask your son to sign or you can sign on his behalf, it is normal for them to ask you that

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
No, for GMCS/ATIP requests, children above some age (I think 16) need to sign, even if minors (under 18).
Yes, that is the way we understood the message. I think we will wait to see if we get ppr. We had initially applied as we had not heard anything for a couple months.

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Thanks.
We've also considered checking GCMS notes. But was not sure if it would be worth the trouble. We're waiting 3 months since medical completed.
Was there a reason for your delay for AOR1. We received ours in one week. Our VO is Nairobi, who are notoriously slow on medical.