+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent Child Sponsorship - 2021

KhayalM

Nov 17, 2021
Yes you can
We did via new online portal
Great to hear. GCkey portal?

Also, how did you handle the photo requirements, I wonder? Did you do inland application or child is overseas? I assume, for online application, I have to upload the photo as per dimension requirements and no need to have it stamped on the back. is that accurate?

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am about to submit sponsorship application for my child who is outside of Canada right now. Meanwhile, we applied for TRV too. If she gets TRV and travels to Canada on tourist visa after I apply for sponsorship application, is it an issue? I understand we might send some update to the CIC, but is it a complicated case or does it delay the processing of the application?
thanks
I think we are on the same boat
Me and my husband are PR and our child was born in India.
We applied for the sponsorship online on last month and applied TRV 7th of this month.
What is your TRV timeline ?
Any updates so far?

KhayalM

Nov 17, 2021
I think we are on the same boat
Me and my husband are PR and our child was born in India.
We applied for the sponsorship online on last month and applied TRV 7th of this month.
What is your TRV timeline ?
Any updates so far?
Nothing so far. still processing.

Regarding the online application however, I am checking GCkey portal, and I cannot identify where to apply for sponsorship - system looks like designed only for TRV, express entry and international experience....any insight would be very helpful.

Good luck by the way with TRV and sponsorship.

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Great to hear. GCkey portal?

Also, how did you handle the photo requirements, I wonder? Did you do inland application or child is overseas? I assume, for online application, I have to upload the photo as per dimension requirements and no need to have it stamped on the back. is that accurate?
Yes photo dimensions should be accurate.
We made a print out of the photo and handwritten applicant’s name , studio name address and date, then scanned it and uploaded the same.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am about to submit sponsorship application for my child who is outside of Canada right now. Meanwhile, we applied for TRV too. If she gets TRV and travels to Canada on tourist visa after I apply for sponsorship application, is it an issue? I understand we might send some update to the CIC, but is it a complicated case or does it delay the processing of the application?
thanks
No impact, really, just update the address. Note that when approved child would do a virtual landing (in Canada); sometimes the wires get crossed and they'll send passport request as if child still abroad. If so, worst impact is a bit of time to sort out the confusion.

Reactions: KhayalM

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
Thanks a lot. how did the portal work throughout the application process? I see some notes about technical issues, is that a big deal?

also, I understand you do sponsorship related documents and principal applicant's within this online application, is that accurate? and no need to send anything in paper, right?
I am not saying that the application process is easy coz we have to download edit and upload a tons of pdf files, but the good thing is we dont need to do everything at once.
Make sure that you have the latest version of adobe pdf viewer /editor to open the files.
And yeah everything is exclusively online

Ashsan

Jun 22, 2019
I am not saying that the application process is easy coz we have to download edit and upload a tons of pdf files, but the good thing is we dont need to do everything at once.
Make sure that you have the latest version of adobe pdf viewer /editor to open the files.
And yeah everything is exclusively online

We couldn’t esign the pdf files for some reason.
So we took print outs , hand signed ,scanned the files and uploaded

KhayalM

Nov 17, 2021
Hi All.

question related to co-signer. any help is appreciated.
I am sponsoring my child. I am PR holder, as my wife. My child is NOT in Canada. my wife is with her overseas, so she is not in Canada either. question is can I put my wife as co-sponsor, co-signer in the application IMM1344? if yes, my concern is in co-signer eligibility questionnaire, 3rd question is about residence and my wife has not settled yet, and she is currently resident of home country. and issue is putting No Resident to that question fails the whole application.

related question is about IMM5604 - is it a document that my wife needs to sign and submit? (because she is not co-sponsor in IMM1344) - IMM5604 looks more document for those parent what will not accompany the child. my wife will accompany our child as soon as she gets visa.

thanks for help, if any.

Viks8988

Nov 16, 2021
Hi All.

question related to co-signer. any help is appreciated.
I am sponsoring my child. I am PR holder, as my wife. My child is NOT in Canada. my wife is with her overseas, so she is not in Canada either. question is can I put my wife as co-sponsor, co-signer in the application IMM1344? if yes, my concern is in co-signer eligibility questionnaire, 3rd question is about residence and my wife has not settled yet, and she is currently resident of home country. and issue is putting No Resident to that question fails the whole application.

related question is about IMM5604 - is it a document that my wife needs to sign and submit? (because she is not co-sponsor in IMM1344) - IMM5604 looks more document for those parent what will not accompany the child. my wife will accompany our child as soon as she gets visa.

thanks for help, if any.
As per the CIC, in order to Sponsor anyone from overseas, the Sponsor and co-signer, should live in Canada. These conditions don't apply oly if the Sponsor is a Canadian citizen.

KhayalM

Nov 17, 2021
As per the CIC, in order to Sponsor anyone from overseas, the Sponsor and co-signer, should live in Canada. These conditions don't apply oly if the Sponsor is a Canadian citizen.
thanks. I moved to Canada recently, my wife is stuck back home with our child because the child does not have visa. I understand from what you said, I cannot add my wife as co-signer, I have to sponsor alone. But in that case, does my wife need to sign IMM5604?

Viks8988

Nov 16, 2021
thanks. I moved to Canada recently, my wife is stuck back home with our child because the child does not have visa. I understand from what you said, I cannot add my wife as co-signer, I have to sponsor alone. But in that case, does my wife need to sign IMM5604?
Yes, my situation is same as yours. Myself and my wife is a PR but my son born In India. Now my wife is in India with my son.I didn't add her as a co-signer . Also Included the notarized imm5604 form along with an explanation letter.