+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made on website, but no notification by mail or email

marlowe

Apr 29, 2016
Can anyone help with information about timeline? I am Canadian, my husband American, we married in the U.S. in 2003 and live in the U.S. now. We made Outland application to CIC on August 15, 2016. I was approved as Sponsor and I received email to that effect on September 29, 2016.

My husband's application for PR was received August 15, 2016.
Started processing application October 3, 2016.
Correspondence sent and responded to November 2, 2016 and February 27, 017.
Medical results received.
All fees paid in advance.
Upfront medical done in June 2016 (worried now that this has expired).

At the beginning of June, a website inquiry showed my husband's application changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made." But it's been 2 months now and we have received no email informing us of that decision, nor have we received any PR documents by mail.

Is this normal not hearing anything from them so long after posting of Decision Made? We feel as though our lives are hanging in the balance! We emailed an inquiry on July 6 and received an email on July 13: "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."

It is now August 5 and we have received no contact. Every I compulsively check email and run to pick up the mail. I'm scaring the postman! Help!

Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing anyone with knowledge about what to expect, or what to do. It's terrible having no one to contact personally.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Can anyone help with information about timeline? I am Canadian, my husband American, we married in the U.S. in 2003 and live in the U.S. now. We made Outland application to CIC on August 15, 2016. I was approved as Sponsor and I received email to that effect on September 29, 2016.

At the beginning of June, a website inquiry showed my husband's application changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made." But it's been 2 months now and we have received no email informing us of that decision, nor have we received any PR documents by mail.

Is this normal not hearing anything from them so long after posting of Decision Made? We feel as though our lives are hanging in the balance! We emailed an inquiry on July 6 and received an email on July 13: "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."

It is now August 5 and we have received no contact. Every I compulsively check email and run to pick up the mail. I'm scaring the postman! Help!

Thanks so much. I look forward to hearing anyone with knowledge about what to expect, or what to do. It's terrible having no one to contact personally.
You have waited long enough I suggest! I would raise a 'case specific query', see here:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Don't bother with any call centres, they are worse than useless!

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017

Does you ECAS state decision made too. You could also try the automated status at +1 (613) 944-4000.

marlowe

Apr 29, 2016
That web form does not seem to be for our situation. Our application is with Ottawa and it is spousal sponsorship.

marlowe

Apr 29, 2016
yes, that I did: I emailed an inquiry to the VO on July 6 and received an email on July 13 as follows: "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."

Does that seem usual? It has been 4 weeks since we wrote to the VO and 3 weeks since the reply above, and no word.

C

Classic Chucks

yes, that I did: I emailed an inquiry to the VO on July 6 and received an email on July 13 as follows: "We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office. They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application."

Does that seem usual? It has been 4 weeks since we wrote to the VO and 3 weeks since the reply above, and no word.
Ask for the help of your MP.

marlowe

Apr 29, 2016
MP? Not sure who you mean? We live in the U.S.

I'm getting the feeling that people think this is an unusual situation - anyone heard of it taking this long once "Decision Made" is up online?

marlowe

Apr 29, 2016
Just to add a little complication - which is why I'm extra worried -- my U.S. spouse and I are retiring so we're not looking for employment and I don't know if that means that Canada would not be so interested in us which is why they're not rushing on our application. We just want to retire in Canada so we can live near our children and grandchildren. A further complication is that my spouse has Parkinson's disease, and I suppose I'm worried the "Decision Made" is not in our favor since they might deem PD a burden on the health care system in Canada. However, I've read on the website that they cannot deny a spouse unless he has a serious communicable disease. Has anyone had experience with denial because of Parkinson's or anyone absolutely positive he cannot be denied on that basis?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Just to add a little complication - which is why I'm extra worried -- my U.S. spouse and I are retiring so we're not looking for employment and I don't know if that means that Canada would not be so interested in us which is why they're not rushing on our application. We just want to retire in Canada so we can live near our children and grandchildren. A further complication is that my spouse has Parkinson's disease, and I suppose I'm worried the "Decision Made" is not in our favor since they might deem PD a burden on the health care system in Canada. However, I've read on the website that they cannot deny a spouse unless he has a serious communicable disease. Has anyone had experience with denial because of Parkinson's or anyone absolutely positive he cannot be denied on that basis?
Retirement is irrelevant. I too am retired, a lot of people in Canada are!

You are correct that spousal sponsorship is 'excessive demand exempt', so they can't turn you down for that.

Get in touch with your MP and get them to query with CIC. By that people mean the Canadian Member of Parliament for the constituency in Canada that you are planning to move to. You can find out who this is on-line. Explain that you will be one of his / her constituents when you foinally get to Canada and can they help you as you are getting nowhere through existing channels.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please advise if you got visa.
My father has parkinsons disease
This situation does not apply to your case. Spouses are exempt from excessive medical. You are sponsoring your father. This is a completely different situation.