+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

rajesh_r

Jan 14, 2019
ITA on 15-Nov-2018 and AOR 11-Dec-2018, no further updates, still waiting... Anyone with similar AOR received any updates? Also, I have not done any bio metrics other than the one for getting FBI clearance. Do I need to provide biometrics? It was not asked during submission of application. Any idea? Thanks!

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Can anyone explain to me what the 'Not Applicable' status for the Background check means? When should it appear? If my AOR is 29 December, when should I expect to see it?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Personally, I'm hoping for even faster service like @northern sunshine's, since I'm from the US. Canada and the US directly share intelligence, and I've never lived anywhere outside the US.
I'm not going to be greedy - I'll take 4 months if I can have that! I saw @northern sunshine 's timeline and that's truly incredible, but that was also the summer of '69 - er, 2018 - and IRCC had a much, much lighter case load. The ITAs per draw have climbed to a steady 3,900 since.

A lot of people bring up the number of countries they have lived in or traveled to as a negative - on the contrary, the more points of information there are on you globally the more confidence it should add to your file, kind of like an international credit score...that's just my take. I understand IRCC still have to comb through all of my travel and address history - and I have 100+ trips in the last 10 years - but there are people on other forums worrying about some 16 trips they reported. o_O

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Guys, some more good news - a string of FSW-Outland applications with September 10-16 AORs have come through with a PPR yesterday. And this is despite the winter break of a couple of weeks, so let's hope the backlog evens out in Feb and we're back to a processing time of 3.5-4 months for December AORs.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
And something else I wanted to share: If ever anyone calls IRCC, please always be civil, calm and courteous with the agents. They have no control over the processing of your file and are merely messengers. I was just reading about some guy boasting on the September forum that he was crude and insulting to a female agent calling her 'incompetent' and all sorts of things - and advised 'flirting’ with female agents and asking them out to dinner - and then claimed this was why his file moved up to IP2 the next day. Disgusting and sexist - there is no place in Canada for people like that.

Last edited:

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Guys, some more good news - a string of FSW-Outland applications with September 10-16 AORs have come through with a PPR yesterday. And this is despite the winter break of a couple of weeks, so let's hope the backlog evens out in Feb and we're back to a processing time of 3.5-4 months for December AORs.
That’s great news! For now I’m still waiting for MEP and perhaps R10. IRCC processing times depend on a number of factors and most critical are your VO and the analyst notes. Most delayed cases are due to ADRs or review required. Given that we clear this stage, I’m looking at March for some news to begin for our folks. No high expectations though :)

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I'm not going to be greedy - I'll take 4 months if I can have that! I saw @northern sunshine 's timeline and that's truly incredible, but that was also the summer of '69 - er, 2018 - and IRCC had a much, much lighter case load. The ITAs per draw have climbed to a steady 3,900 since.
I don't think I'm being greedy; just irrationally optimistic. :oops: I will take whatever IRCC doles out, of course; not like I have a choice in the matter.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I don't think I'm being greedy; just irrationally optimistic. :oops: I will take whatever IRCC doles out, of course; not like I have a choice in the matter.
Few months back US based residents getting PPR in less than 2/3 months was quite common. I personally know 2 people who got it in less than 25 days and a few others who got it in less than 2 months. Mostly these applications were processed in Ottawa. This has not been the trend lately and now people are getting MEP in one month whereas it was possible to get PPR in that time period earlier.

That is just how it is for now. And I guess increased intake doesn’t help either unless the government spends more on resources. Also the visa offices are not consistent in terms of times. May be things get better in coming months. There are no long holidays for next few months. So, may be they will pick up pace.

Reactions: USProgrammer

jinssbox

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Hyderabad
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2019
AOR Received.
01-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-02-2019
Passport Req..
09-08-2019
What would be the impact on processing time for FSW-O applicants from India from Dec 31 with the introduction of biometric. Any thoughts!!

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Few months back US based residents getting PPR in less than 2/3 months was quite common. I personally know 2 people who got it in less than 25 days and a few others who got it in less than 2 months. Mostly these applications were processed in Ottawa. This has not been the trend lately and now people are getting MEP in one month whereas it was possible to get PPR in that time period earlier.

That is just how it is for now. And I guess increased intake doesn’t help either unless the government spends more on resources. Also the visa offices are not consistent in terms of times. May be things get better in coming months. There are no long holidays for next few months. So, may be they will pick up pace.
Is it too early to find out the LVO from IRCC if I'm just in IP1?