+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2013 Citizenship Applications

ironmat500

Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
I'm not sure how to answer that question because my husband didn't have to write the test. He's quite a bit older than I am and was able to skip the test because of his age.

He receive a letter to come to Scarborough in person to have his documents verified (this was the test letter but he didn't have to take the test). He received the RQ on the spot right after the officer looked through his passport. In other words, when he returned from his visit to the Scarborough office, he had the RQ piece of paper in his hand.

Hope this answers your question...
Hi Scylla,

May I ask if your husband's RQ was sent to be processed at St Clair or you think it was assessed at Scarborough? The process seems very fast (2 months) for assessing a RQ and getting the oath invitation...
I am Dec '13 applicant. Had RQ in May & test in August and waiting for the oath. My RQ was sent to be assessed at St Clair.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
We finally got a letter from CIC today, asking for information out whether either parent or any grandparents were working for Canada outside Canada at the time of our each child's birth. It seems like they might be trying to figure out whether the kids might already be citizens. I'm a citizen (first generation born outside Canada), and the kids were born before the 2009 changes to the citizenship law, but my father became a naturalized citizen in the US before my birth and so automatically lost his citizenship as that was the rule at the time, and then his citizenship was retroactively reinstated by the 2009 law, and on that basis my citizenship was granted retroactively to my birth because I was born in the first generation outside Canada, but there's a clause in the law that makes the retroactive citizenship not apply to the second generation born outside Canada, so we sponsored the kids for PR two years ago, and then when they landed as PRs here, they were immediately eligible for citizenship because they have a Canadian parent, and so we applied.

Simple, right? I can't imagine why they'd want more information...

Anyhow, at least I know they finally got around to looking at the application!

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
asa1973 said:
Make the Oath December 16th @ Hamilton. Now process is finished (just 1 week less then in 1 year) :D
Congratulations , now you can relax , mine was on December 11 th in Ottawa office.it took one year exactly from my application date,
I applied on December 11 th, 2013
Test date was on July 23rd, 2014
Oath date was on December 11 th, 2014
Good luck everyone still waiting

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My husband took the oath this morning and we are officially done.

Good luck to those still waiting.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ironmat500 said:
Hi Scylla,

May I ask if your husband's RQ was sent to be processed at St Clair or you think it was assessed at Scarborough? The process seems very fast (2 months) for assessing a RQ and getting the oath invitation...
I am Dec '13 applicant. Had RQ in May & test in August and waiting for the oath. My RQ was sent to be assessed at St Clair.
Sorry for the late reply - I just saw your question.

My husband's RQ was submitted to Scarborough and I'm pretty sure it was assessed there too (although I don't know that for certain). The process was even faster than you think. We received the oath letter around 5 weeks after the RQ was submitted. I was surprised it went that quickly. Having said that, we did include a great deal of evidence in our RQ submission. So maybe that helped?

adv2244

Mar 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One full year since i filled my application from Calgary..... still waiting for test date ::) ... Even the sheets for Oct and Nov show no activity for Calgary applicants... i wonder whats holding up

scylla said:
Sorry for the late reply - I just saw your question.

My husband's RQ was submitted to Scarborough and I'm pretty sure it was assessed there too (although I don't know that for certain). The process was even faster than you think. We received the oath letter around 5 weeks after the RQ was submitted. I was surprised it went that quickly. Having said that, we did include a great deal of evidence in our RQ submission. So maybe that helped?

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adv2244 said:
One full year since i filled my application from Calgary..... still waiting for test date ::) ... Even the sheets for Oct and Nov show no activity for Calgary applicants... i wonder whats holding up
As far as I can tell Ontario is exception and other provinces/ cities are slow.

I know a few people in BC and AB that are on the same boat as us, no update since a year ago.

Most of the routine cases usually take something around 15 to 18 months so let's keep our fingers crossed for 2015.

gerlie4161

May 8, 2013
Re: December 31 test Citizenship Applications

Hi there! Is someone of you guys have an invitation for oath. I took a test last Oct 31, 2014 until now no invitation yet.thanks

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
My kids' application just got updated online:

"We sent you a letter on January 15, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."
Is this the standard language they use when they are requesting landing papers and PR cards to finalize everything? They are too young to need to do the citizenship test or oath...

KGMH

Nov 7, 2014
That's what I got for my fingerprinting request.

It's weird that they say the website is updated every Tuesday while both your message and mine (DEC 10) were not updated on Tuesdays.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
KGMH said:
That's what I got for my fingerprinting request.

It's weird that they say the website is updated every Tuesday while both your message and mine (DEC 10) were not updated on Tuesdays.
Thanks. Hopefully the letter will show up soon (maybe even today...) and we'll see what they are looking for. The kids are 9 and 11, so probably not a fingerprinting request! With any luck they want the kids' PR cards so they can finally issue the citizenship certificates.

As for the website updates, I've never gotten an update on a Tuesday. It might be true that they update the site at least every Tuesday, but clearly updates happen on other days as well.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
IvanP said:
Thanks. Hopefully the letter will show up soon (maybe even today...) and we'll see what they are looking for. The kids are 9 and 11, so probably not a fingerprinting request! With any luck they want the kids' PR cards so they can finally issue the citizenship certificates.
The letter came today, requesting that we send the PR cards, so hopefully their applications will be finalized soon!

catoab

May 25, 2010
I applied nov 2013. CIc system shows a

/********
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 13, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 13, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter on March 19, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

*****/
To date I have not heard any updates! I mailed the reply to the mar 19 letter back on mar 27. Please help! Wondering if my application is lost or what's happeneing! Any pointers!!!

Thanks

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
catoab said:
I applied nov 2013. CIc system shows a

/********
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 13, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 13, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 24, 2014.

We sent you a letter on March 19, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

*****/
To date I have not heard any updates! I mailed the reply to the mar 19 letter back on mar 27. Please help! Wondering if my application is lost or what's happeneing! Any pointers!!!

Thanks
What CIC and your MP will tell you is that you can't really start making a fuss until your application is outside the 24-month "normal" processing time. To find out what might be going on, your should make an access to information/privacy request http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp (do the one that is free, I forget which one is which). It takes 30 days (usually 30 days exactly), and the report might tell you what is going on. Some people swear that making these requests triggers faster processing, but the inquiry is electronic and the CIC case officers supposedly don't know when a request is made. I've done two for our case, but they haven't been helpful, although we seem to be close to the end (they've requested PR cards, which is what's needed to finalize minor applications).

Good luck!